Sign in to follow this  
gobucsmagic

Worried about Dwight

quote:
Originally posted by Gabe:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'll tell you what cupcake: why don't you go and find out what Tim Duncan thinks of FIBA competition, and then we can have this conversation.

I know what Tim Duncan thinks of FIBA competition. BRONZE MEDAL at the 2004 olympics.

Some info with regard to Duncan and FIBA-

2) Rosen points out two ways that the trapezoidal lane affects post play: (1) Post players must catch the ball further away from the hoop than they do in the NBA, necessitating extra dribbles to get to their sweet spots. Rosen says that this is why the FIBA game favors big men who can shoot quick turnaround jumpers, because otherwise there is more time for help defenders to arrive; (2) offensive rebounders have a better angle to the hoop after free throw attempts in the FIBA game than they do in the NBA.

I would add that it is overly simplistic for fans and writers to say that Team USA struggles at times in FIBA play because American players have gotten away from the fundamentals; the reality is that some of the "fundamentals" of FIBA play differ from those of NBA play and the post is one area that this is very evident. Think back to when Tim Duncan played for Team USA. He is perhaps the most fundamentally sound big man in the NBA, but he struggled in the post offensively and defensively, looked uncomfortable and hesitant and also sometimes got into foul trouble (see point four). After the 2004 Olympics, Duncan vowed that he would never again participate in FIBA play.

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-does-fi...r-from-nba-game.html

ATHENS -- Tim Duncan wore a haggard look as he emerged from a locker room of bronze medalists. Hardly an emotional guy, he mumbled that his international basketball career is "95 percent" over and that, oh yeah, "FIBA [stinks]."

...Duncan walked out of that locker room Saturday night at Olympic Indoor Hall and figured, "Enough already. This just isn't worth it."

...Regardless, rules changes won't change what needs to be fixed back home. And nothing, it seems, can get Duncan to buy into playing for the United States again. He was asked if his own misgivings about playing internationally would hurt the recruitment of other marquee players.

"I hope not," Duncan said. "I'll try not to share my experiences with anyone."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42585-2004Aug28.html

quote:
I'm worried about Dwight also. That worthless sack of crap only had 14 points in 15 minutes and shot 6-6 from the field. God he sucks.

Totally. And three blocks! Three?! I get three blocks on the toilet....

Is Dwight immature? Probably, he is only 23 years old and the best center to be in the NBA. He will mature in time, he is good kid, good family values, just be patient. Chris Sheridan is probably jealous of Dwight!

I'm worried Dwight may be on steroids... seriously! The mood swings... the way he's acting in these games... he seems super moody and angry. It's a shame... a god fearing man like Dwight would succumb to steroids.