Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

kill Turk for Artest rumors; Artest to Houston

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."

Yes. We needed someone like that on our team.

What?

You have a problem with someone that delights in exhibiting anti-social behavior, and then labels it as his "culture", as though everyone that was born poor agrees with and adheres to the concept that they have a right to randomly attack others, beat their wives, and starve their animals?

You're not being very open-minded.

This guy is a huge talent, but a complete clown. If Houston signs him to a long term deal they deserve what they get, cancer. Ron Artest is a marked man because of his own actions and will be very easy to call out. Going into the stands after an innocent fan because some beer got on you is stupid and weak as hell. Way to be real.

I am very glad sentiment on this board doesn't equal sentiment of the team. Houston will regret this big time.