Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Denton's in the HOUSE!!! Magic trying to trade for Crittenton(link)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Guys, just got off the phone with Denton. I've got some more news.

1.) Crittenton's agent(Wallace Prather) is based in Georgia. He is kind of an understudy to Aaron Goodwin who just so happens to be Dwight Howard's agent.

2.) Denton said he couldn't gaurantee it but he thought the deal had a good chance of going down with the Magic only giving up a couple of 2nd round picks.

3.) John said he thought finality on this deal could happen within the next 2 or 3 days if it indeed does happen and it felt like it had a good chance of going down.

4.) John felt bad for Dooling.

5.) I asked him about J.J. Redick and some of the rumors that had been flying around here about him today. He said he had heard similar stuff and that he would check it out for me.

Cool stuff BJ. Two 2nd round picks and Bogans is a real bargain for us. I hope it gets done.

As far as Redick, I just have a hard time believing no one reported that the two years he's been here. If I was covering the magic and I was aware of that kind of behavior i'd print in in a heartbeat.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I want to take a phone call from John Denton... Heck, I'd settle for Jerry Green!

At any rate, great info, Junkie, truly appreciate the buzz you create here!

LOL, hey I'd settle for fooking Bianchi. This is why this board is the best. We keep the Magic alive all year round. Now Otis please, please get this done and I swear I will never call you Blowtis, Mumbles nor will I ever say other GM's don't respect you. Gawd I can't wait as I feel this kid is an ENORMOUS talent.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:

I want to take a phone call from John Denton... Heck, I'd settle for Jerry Green!

At any rate, great info, Junkie, truly appreciate the buzz you create here!

LOL, hey I'd settle for fooking Bianchi. This is why this board is the best. We keep the Magic alive all year round. Now Otis please, please get this done and I swear I will never call you Blowtis, Mumbles nor will I ever say other GM's don't respect you. Gawd I can't wait as I feel this kid is an ENORMOUS talent.

I just got a call from my friend Edgar. He's out of town for a couple of weeks. I asked him if had heard any "inside info" on the Magic's possible moves. He said it had been really quiet. He's in Cancun right now and they're stoping in Miami on the way back to visit family.

I'll keep every one posted as things develop.

I like the idea of adding Crittenton. I was checking out his summer league stats 8pt./4rb./3as.. Not bad considering who he's playing with. I couldn't help but notice Arthur has been sucking it up. He has almost averaged 9 fouls a game. I'm glad Otis stuck by Lee.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

You guys don't get it,nobody wants to back up a backup.LOL

But Iboned, Carlos will be gone so nobody will be backing up a backup anymore except for Carlos on the next team he goes to ----- jajajajajajajajajajaja.

quote:

quote:

While Ball Junkie has been getting his due recognition, I believe Jambo needs some major props here as well. If you remember, he broke the rumor, just couldn't give specific names. It was his first insider post, and he nailed it.

Well done, Jambo!

Totally agree! I hated that guessing game he put us through but now I feel it was well worth trying to figure out all those riddles. This board in fact had it narrowed down to Lowry and Crittenton before the news broke anyway.

Good job Magic Message Board!!

Major Props to Jambo!!!

But nobody figured out the Bueller hint - how that related to Crittenton.

I even suggested his friends names, his friends fathers name, the principal, his sisters name, his parents names, what they did that day, who was playing, what songs they sang, the assumed name in the restaurant .....

some bit - it was funny watching people make connections to that movie when there was no connection. LOL

quote:

Guys, just got off the phone with Denton. I've got some more news.

1.) Crittenton's agent(Wallace Prather) is based in Georgia. He is kind of an understudy to Aaron Goodwin who just so happens to be Dwight Howard's agent.

2.) Denton said he couldn't gaurantee it but he thought the deal had a good chance of going down with the Magic only giving up a couple of 2nd round picks.

3.) John said he thought finality on this deal could happen within the next 2 or 3 days if it indeed does happen and it felt like it had a good chance of going down.

4.) John felt bad for Dooling.

5.) I asked him about J.J. Redick and some of the rumors that had been flying around here about him today. He said he had heard similar stuff and that he would check it out for me.

that would be great giving up 2 second rounders and Bogans - that would be a good pick up - thanks for the info. Junkie

I'd still like to see wilcox or similar Cook and Foyle and a future first round pick and a second round pick - that would be great for Orlando, but the team formerly known as Seattle may want JJ, Cook and future 2nd round picks or even a 1st round pick

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Bogans and two second rounders.... where do I sign?

Hell, I'd even throw in Pat Garrity and a couple visits from former Magic coach Brian Hill for that matter.

I think that Crittenton would be a nice addition to our team and am crossing my fingers we can get him. Him and Howard probably got chemistry besides him being an exciting young prospect at PG. For the 3rd stringer, I'ld pull for Darrell. He's a fan favorite and really stresses defense and 100% energy. I'ld always like to seem him retire in Magic blue.

Getting Crit would be a hell of a deal for this team and allow them the luxury of waiting before choosing the best vet PG to sign before training camp.

I wanted this guy last year and was pissed when teams were selling 1st rounders and we passed on getting one to pick him up.

Pietrus, Crit and Lee would do a lot to add size and athletism to back court that constantly got pummeled last year.