Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

Think about what otis is trying to peddle here

he is trying to get a team to take on 8.5 million dollars of salary [only Bogans expires next summer], for a bunch of junk who wont help anyone win

Cook is a big man who cant defend, rebound and takes low % shots: Bogans is the ultimate fringe player who is not great at anything

I just dont see why a team gives up a quality point guard [one better than Arroyo or JWill, who are average, not terrible], to take on a bunch of salary for junk guys

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

Do Bogans and Cookie and Redick even HAVE trade value?

Think about it.

The lakers were desperate to rid themselves of Cookie's contract. He has 7 million dollars left on two years, and is massively overpaid for what he does. No one wants to touch that.

Bogans is an expiring, but he's not a very good player, and is a bit overpaid at 3 million too when you see guys like Brent Berry taking 1.8 million.

I'm not sure Otis is going to find any suitors here :/

Exactly the problem.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:

It's from Schmitz as others have stated. Again, I am passing on to you guys what I am hearing. Sorry if it isn't the news you wanted to hear.

CD:

Thanks, but I think that it is what you want us to hear!

BJ:

Carlos, come on man. In my 6,000 or so posts have you ever seen me bash Carlos? I just know the team is ready to move in another direction and so I have no choice but to do the same.

OK! Lets assume it is true, that they want to go another direction then:

quote:
ReeceGaines posted:

why they are so anxious to get rid of Carlos?

is it a financial matter with the luxury tax, a philosophical thing, a need for Arroyo to go somewhere else so he doesn't demand playing time, a locker room issue?

quote:
BJ answered:

They want a more talented back-up than Carlos and they think they can get one. That is what I was told.

Gets me! A more talented PG than Arroyo when we argue here all the time about whether Arroyo is or not better than Jameer? If a better PG than Arroyo is signed then it should be our starting PG, Lol!

Otis is on crack I think. Too much mumble juice for mumblez.

Hes thinking the Bulls are so itching for the chucking of Brian Cook and Keith Bogans, that they're going to offer us Ben Gordon or Hinrich.

Arroyo is a top 45 point guard at his worst, and all 44 better ones are worth a hell of a lot more than paying Brian Cookie for another 2 seasons. Just sign Arroyo and stop being a mumbles, Otis! You're going to end up in August calling up Earl Boykins hoping he takes the LLE.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:
It's from Schmitz as others have stated. Again, I am passing on to you guys what I am hearing. Sorry if it isn't the news you wanted to hear.
Thanks, but I think that it is what you want us to hear!

Now, if it were me making those comments you could question it as I have been known to bash Carlos, but I also think I have been fair with evaluating him - not that others would agree.

Junkie has been more supportive of Carlos than I have, but that isn't saying much - so let me try that again - Junkie never put Carlos down.

I'm still glad at the end of the Carlos era - sorry to all his fans, but if he were good I would be excited to keep him - I just don't see anything in his game to get excited about. Just like Bogans - I don't see a lot to get excited about - he puts in an effort though does Bogans - I like Bogans more than Carlos.

I like Pietrus and he isn't from the U.S. and I like Hedo - he isn't from the U.S., but I think they are players. Carlos to me is over hyped and not that good - way over hyped.

Carlos, come on man. In my 6,000 or so posts have you ever seen me bash Carlos? I just know the team is ready to move in another direction and so I have no choice but to do the same.

quote:

quote:

ball junkie, any idea why they are so anxious to get rid of Carlos?

is it a financial matter with the luxury tax, a philosophical thing, a need for Arroyo to go somewhere else so he doesn't demand playing time, a locker room issue?

They want a more talented back-up than Carlos and they think they can get one. That is what I was told.

This is my opinion. How are they gonna make that happen? Time will tell.

His fans will hate that Junkie - they think Carlos is just short of Steve Nash, when he is more like Tyronne Lue at best. LOL - I guess I'm a trouble maker.

Stop the madness, just say NO to Arroyo!

quote:

His fans will hate that Junkie - they think Carlos is just short of Steve Nash, when he is more like Tyronne Lue at best. LOL - I guess I'm a trouble maker.

I would love me some Tyronne Lue now considering the situation the Magic are in. In fact, Lue just signed with the Suns to be Nash's backup. He's nothing good, but he's not going to totally s*** the bed either. We're essentially banking on the knees of a 35 year old J-Will now, who hasnt been healthy since they he was in Sacramento doing trick passes.

That is, unless Otis can pull the greatest trade ever by unloading our trash for a quality pg.

quote:
Posted by Knappy:

quote:

quote:

ball junkie, any idea why they are so anxious to get rid of Carlos?

BJ:

Knappy:

Actually Knappy, I like reading your stuff!

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do Bogans and Cookie and Redick even HAVE trade value?

Think about it.

The lakers were desperate to rid themselves of Cookie's contract. He has 7 million dollars left on two years, and is massively overpaid for what he does. No one wants to touch that.

Bogans is an expiring, but he's not a very good player, and is a bit overpaid at 3 million too when you see guys like Brent Berry taking 1.8 million.

I'm not sure Otis is going to find any suitors here :/

Exactly the problem.

Here's why the Ariza trade was awful, and it has nothing to do with Ariza [forget Ariza, he's prob nothing too special].

We took on 3 years of 10.5 million dollars of worthless Brian Cookie contract. Laker fans all warned us, that they were just glad to rid themselves of this guy.

Now we see, that salary prob kept us from affording to resign Dooling or get any other type of affordable point guard. Why oh why Otis. Did he not watch tape of how soft Cookie is? And we lost Mo Evans for nothing so that doesnt help.

I talked to Keyon Dooling personally when he held a basketball camp near my house two weeks ago. I was up on a balcony watching the campers scrimmage and there was a fitness gym up where I was at. When I got up there Keyon was hitting the weights hard. He saw me with Magic gear on so he stopped to shake my hand as we talked.

I told his that he must have really low body fat and asked him what it was. He said 5 or 6 percent. I asked him who had the highest body fat on our team this year? I guessed Foyle but he quickly interrupted me and said it was Brian Cook.

I asked him what it was? He said 20 PERCENT! I was like, MAN, that is terrible for a professional athlete. He agrred. He said Stan got Cook working hard and by the end of the season his body fat was down to 13 percent.

Here the main reason I tell this story. Keyon said Brian Cook is an immensely talented player! He actually ranted on more about his talent citing his shooting and size among other things. He said Brian Cook doesn't work hard enough but that Stan would stay on his butt and he would be better next year.

Trust me, Keyon is a leader and a go-getter. I was impressed!

Im a fan of carlos but really im no bother for this opinion every has the right to think and said they opinion with respect and this ball junkie opinion has respect thank for the inf. ball junkie but i continue with the opinion carlos is better of junk william

quote:
quote:

Knappy:

ReeceGaines:

I would love me some Tyronne Lue now considering the situation the Magic are in. In fact, Lue just signed with the Suns to be Nash's backup. He's nothing good, but he's not going to totally s*** the bed either. We're essentially banking on the knees of a 35 year old J-Will now, who hasnt been healthy since they he was in Sacramento doing trick passes.

That is, unless Otis can pull the greatest trade ever by unloading our trash for a quality pg.

Maybe, remember that SVG was sitting next to Pat Riley during the whole second half of the first summer league game in Orlando. I mean, not that Riley is going to take all that "junk", but it could be that a big deal involving more than two teams (and some sign and trades) is on the making.

quote:

Here the main reason I tell this story. Keyon said Brian Cook is an immensely talented player! He actually ranted on more about his talent citing his shooting and size among other things. He said Brian Cook doesn't work hard enough but that Stan would stay on his butt and he would be better next year.

Trust me, Keyon is a leader and a go-getter. I was impressed!

Interesting.

We easily tend to forget that the awful Cook was the player seen just after the trade.

But just before his injury, he was playing quite well, being our 6th man off the bench and sometimes torching the other team with back to back 3s.

He was also starting to be more agressive and rebounding better.

I already post that before, but I believe we miss him a lot in playoffs: before his injury, we always getting bigger when Turk or Lewis went off the floor, but after that we were forced to play small ball, and eventually this fact killed us against Detroit.