Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Redick Confident He Won't Be Traded; Still Hoping For Shot With Magic (Denton)

I think that thing that JJ can offer, if they can find a place in the offense for him to do this, is to run around screens like a fiend and make his shots. If they can someone incorporate this into the normal scheme and rotation without having to make him the focal point of the offense, the oppossing SG will be very tired trying to guard him and hopefully limit his efficacy on the offensive end of the floor and make it easier on JJ. With this strategy it would maximize JJ's shooting ability, protect his defense and tire out the oppossition.

I don't know how many 2 guards enjoy getting Howard picks/elbows/concussions over and over, especially if the are a "star" player.

Thats it. I think JJ can pretty much quit. He isn't as physically gifted as Pietrus...or Lee.

In my Opinion, Jonathan...needs to try to adjust to the other positions, PG.

Why do I say this? JJ Redick sure as hell isn't going to receive minutes before the starting shooting guard, Pietrus; the defensive and offensive player Keith Bogans, and he'll have to scratch and claw his way past Lee. JJ Redick is a going into his third year...it should be a breeze to go past Lee..or is it?! Hmmmmmm............. Its like being trapped in a cave 5000yds under the Pacific....he doesn't stand a chance.

So...JJ I suggest you practice the pass, handle, and peripheral vision and take the other position as back up point. JJ's the height of Billups and Kidd. He may have a thin frame but his height makes up for it. JJ can blow by defenders but he doesn't there go to the rim. JJ's shooting? Don't even worry about that. JJ's fundamentals...worry about that. JJ, the backup point guard positions awaits your arrival. You will turn from a young calf into the cheif bull.

Runners, turnarounds, lean ins, fade aways, finger rolls, reverse layups; can JJ do this? Never seen enough to know.

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN365:

No absolutely I respect you opinion and I wrong to generalize the opinion of the board on this topic, but we will agree to disagree on this one. Not for arguement sake but strong discussion. in my opinion bogans' appeal as a player for what he brings to the table is not as great as jj's appeal to a team to what he could potentially become. and i very much agree with you on the "dont want to play for this team" point. but i believe i read a quote with jj saying that he didn't clean out his locker and that he wanted it to work out here. so i think that kind of nullifies whatever he may have been saying before.

I'm sure that JJ didn't clean out his locker, and I'm sure that he could be happy in Orlando if he could find playing time, but around the league right now is probably seen like an unhappy player searching for a brand new start.

Anyway, is true that a lot of teams could prefer potential, but there are 30 teams on the league, and depending on the present and the future of every one of them, they could prefer a prospect or an one year rental of an experienced backup.

Or both... for example Memphis is rebuilding and need potential, but they are also controlling the cap space for the future.

i really dont want jj to go ...id rather let bogans go. i dont think bogans is that LOCK DOWN defender that stan and everyone paints him to be. i think jj is leathal and needs to give a serious run this year on this team.