Sign in to follow this  
the Judge

Did Arroyo cease to exist?

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

KEEBLER: I agree with almost everithing you wrote, exept for two things: 1:

quote:
I do think CA holds the ball a little to long, but i also think the factor is that the offense is not setup yet and hes trying to get his teammates to the position.

One of Arroyo's main assets is his ball handling, which he uses to compensate for his lack of height. That is another reason he has to keep the ball a little longer than taller PGs. Taller PGs can manage to pass the ball easier over defenses that are equal or taller. If Arroyo were to stop dribbling most of the time the chances of a turnover increases, specially against a taller defense.

2:

quote:
Don't hate him because of his fans, just hate his fans.
I can't believe what you just said! Are you saying, do not hate Arroyo, just hate puertoricans? Because most, if not all his fans, are puertoricans!

IMO, Arroyo has the best Ball handling skills on the magics team. Yes he does. All i'm say , cause I remember conversation or better yet arguments, that Arroyo holds the ball to long (dribbling), which turns into the shot clock running down. I just meant that he has to setup the offence and It takes time (it's a team effort. if the players are not in the right position, then he has the ball longer). I don't care how long he holds it as long as we score while hes doing it.

And about the Fans Sorry, but true. Yes I'm boriqua from PONCE if you want to know, and I am a Fan of Arroyo since Utah. when he was in Toronto, i didn't know who he was, and i got three jerseys.

Anyway, there are alot of Spanish people ( not just puertorriquen) that look only what Arroyo does and not what the whole team does. But every sport that has a ball is a team effort. (except golf and tennis). And they praise him like he is the only thing we (as puertorriquen) got. there is Barea, that's out there in Dallas, just signed a new contract. plus theres other player I think should be in the NBA but are not. Just relax, It's not like Arroyo is your immediate family member and for him being rich you going to be too.

I'm just asking to don't be bias ( not you, dont take this personal; this is to everyone), I know, It's hard for a lot of people. But I watch Basketball because I like the whole team and where they are going. Not just for one player.

I agree he holds the ball to long...

don't mean to butt in.

but it is a TEAM game .

We just need to get over this Arroyo thing and get on with Magic basketball and wish Carlos the best no matter where he ends up.

It would be nyce to see him back but that don't look like it's going to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

emory is out of everything he knock my door looking for crack but i didnt have any cuz the nigth before he cleaned me out,please take it easy on him.

i often times scroll these boards for information and opinions, but u sir have crossed the line into a reprehensible act of low character against another board member and i have reported you. it is my hopes u are banned for such a low act. please grow up and dont dirty these forums with your despicable behavior. we are all magic fans and there is no room for personal attacks.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

2:

quote:
I can't believe what you just said! Are you saying, do not hate Arroyo, just hate puertoricans? Because most, if not all his fans, are puertoricans!

No, you idiot...Keebler is Puerto Rican. That is the problem with you Arroyo fans. You are completely incapable of separating not like Carlos (or Carlos' fans) from hating Puerto Ricans. The two are not connected. Let me repeat that: THE TWO ARE NOT CONNECTED!!!!! I want you to go stand in front of a mirror and repeat that phrase until it sinks through your thick skull and you start to comprehend..

Wait, I'm confused...is there, or is there not, a correlation between hatred of Carlos Arroyo and hatred of every Puerto Rican who has ever lived?

Here I was thinking I just hated Arroyo because I didn't think running, off-balance 18' jumpers on fast breaks and dribbing off your foot belonged in the NBA, evidently this is just a motive I've managed to be tricked into believing subliminally because of my unconscious hatred of any and all Puetro Ricans. I think I need to attend a few seminars on tolerance, I am ashamed of myself for thinking not every thought pertaining to basketball had to be racially motivated.

quote:

quote:

2:

quote:

No, you idiot...Keebler is Puerto Rican. That is the problem with you Arroyo fans. You are completely incapable of separating not like Carlos (or Carlos' fans) from hating Puerto Ricans. The two are not connected. Let me repeat that: THE TWO ARE NOT CONNECTED!!!!! I want you to go stand in front of a mirror and repeat that phrase until it sinks through your thick skull and you start to comprehend.

Better yet, ignore everything I just said and continue the insanity that is your internet world. The over/under on how long it takes Arroyo's fans to alienate themselves from his new teams fanbase is a month. The best case scenario I can hope for (and if it happens I will have to register on that teams forum to get a good laugh) is if he signs with a team that has a superstar point guard. I will love to see morons like Carlos Darwin provide "stats" that prove that Carlos is a better point guard than Baron Davis. It will be fantastic.

Can you imagine if Carlos went to Phoexix - Oh, my God. Steve Nash would have a 4 turnover night and shoot 40% from the field and the Carlos fanatics would be demanding that Carlos start over Nash.

I can hear it now - Steve Nash was great, but what happened last year - he is now over the hill and Carlos needs to be given a shot at starter minutes or at least split time evenly with Nash. Carlos handles the ball better.

Carlos doesn't get enough time - it is because the coach and the GM have it out for him - you don't like Carlos - it is because you are prejudiced and don't like Puerto Ricans.

Carlos made 6 of 7 shots last nigth and statistically outplayed Nash - why won't the coach let Arroyo start or at least get his minutes over 25 minutes a game.

Carlos' stats would be better if he were a starter. Carlos started 3 games when Nash was injured and we won 2 of them - that is 66% and with Nash they are only winning 60% of their games - another stat showing why Carlos should start or at least be given a chance at the starting position. Granted Nash was very good at one point, but it is not 2004 anymore and if the team is winning a higher percentage with Arroyo then you have to stop with your man love of Steve Nash.

I could go on forever. I could definitely see why Carlos should start in front of Steve Nash - did you see how he single handedly beat the U.S. basketball team?

And, yes Steve Nash gets a lot of assists, but look at all his turnovers and if Arroyo were just given a chance with this team he could probably get as many assists as Nash, but with less turnovers.

You just don't like Arroyo, because you are afraid that your boy Nash won't get to play anymore. Seriously, I could go on for days.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:

quote:

2:

quote:

No, you idiot...Keebler is Puerto Rican. That is the problem with you Arroyo fans. You are completely incapable of separating not like Carlos (or Carlos' fans) from hating Puerto Ricans. The two are not connected. Let me repeat that: THE TWO ARE NOT CONNECTED!!!!! I want you to go stand in front of a mirror and repeat that phrase until it sinks through your thick skull and you start to comprehend.

Better yet, ignore everything I just said and continue the insanity that is your internet world. The over/under on how long it takes Arroyo's fans to alienate themselves from his new teams fanbase is a month. The best case scenario I can hope for (and if it happens I will have to register on that teams forum to get a good laugh) is if he signs with a team that has a superstar point guard. I will love to see morons like Carlos Darwin provide "stats" that prove that Carlos is a better point guard than Baron Davis. It will be fantastic.

Can you imagine if Carlos went to Phoexix - Oh, my God. Steve Nash would have a 4 turnover night and shoot 40% from the field and the Carlos fanatics would be demanding that Carlos start over Nash.

I can hear it now - Steve Nash was great, but what happened last year - he is now over the hill and Carlos needs to be given a shot at starter minutes or at least split time evenly with Nash. Carlos handles the ball better.

Carlos doesn't get enough time - it is because the coach and the GM have it out for him - you don't like Carlos - it is because you are prejudiced and don't like Puerto Ricans.

Carlos made 6 of 7 shots last nigth and statistically outplayed Nash - why won't the coach let Arroyo start or at least get his minutes over 25 minutes a game.

Carlos' stats would be better if he were a starter. Carlos started 3 games when Nash was injured and we won 2 of them - that is 66% and with Nash they are only winning 60% of their games - another stat showing why Carlos should start or at least be given a chance at the starting position. Granted Nash was very good at one point, but it is not 2004 anymore and if the team is winning a higher percentage with Arroyo then you have to stop with your man love of Steve Nash.

I could go on forever. I could definitely see why Carlos should start in front of Steve Nash - did you see how he single handedly beat the U.S. basketball team?

And, yes Steve Nash gets a lot of assists, but look at all his turnovers and if Arroyo were just given a chance with this team he could probably get as many assists as Nash, but with less turnovers.

You just don't like Arroyo, because you are afraid that your boy Nash won't get to play anymore. Seriously, I could go on for days.

Did you just copy and paste posts from this board and replace Nelson with Nash? Spot on!

Yes Alex and Carlos, my responses have had nothing to do with common sense or reality but rather a lack of illegal substances. Carlos Darwin just accused another Puerto Rican of hating Puerto Ricans but I'm the one thats on drugs. I wish you guys had one moment of clarity so you would fully understand just how ridiculous you people sound.

This has been building for two and a half years as you Arroyo fans have slowly infested this message board like termites. Well your boy is almost gone and I will be ecstatic to see all you people go with him and compare other fans to Nazis.

lmao emory i wont leave so you will have to deal with me not that im an arroyo fan only but because i have friends in this boards as well.

IMO the problem here is that everybody gets wrong in some way.

Some CA fans (I'm one, not like that), insist too much, get too much into conspiracy theories, and sometimes post only to make people angry, which some people probably are not realizing. My fellow fans need to hold that and just bring good arguments.

Some of the other posters exaggerate CA fans arguments and draw conclusions, which they claim are things the CA fans said. I think that is as wrong as saying somebody hates Puerto Ricans because they don't like Arroyo's play.

Some people just love Jameer in ways similar to the love CA fans have for Carlos. Sometimes is like the difference is in which field we're standing. I say this because of how much some people here believe in Jameer. We even had a thread about why Jameer is equal to Tony Parker. I asked what would happen if a CA fan posted something like that using per 48 min stats the way the OP did and nobody answered my question.

I think we all need to be more objective and respectful and read better. We need to think before we post.

I try to be realistic and think Carlos is a good backup in the right place and maybe starter depending on the case. Many things can be said about him, but there's no need to repeat ourselves to no end. Unnecessary repetition is kind of inflammatory, and that includes Knappy, which repeats himself even in the same post.

So let's all think about it and contribute to this board. I've come to respect this board more than other boards because I think some people here are friendly, more than in other boards.

Well I hope that helped...

Posted earlier by Emory666:

quote:
Yes Alex and Carlos, my responses have had nothing to do with common sense or reality but rather a lack of illegal substances. Carlos Darwin just accused another Puerto Rican of hating Puerto Ricans but I'm the one thats on drugs. I wish you guys had one moment of clarity so you would fully understand just how ridiculous you people sound.

This has been building for two and a half years as you Arroyo fans have slowly infested this message board like termites. Well your boy is almost gone and I will be ecstatic to see all you people go with him and compare other fans to Nazis.

Emory, Emory...Emoryyyy! Please, you got me wrong! I did not call you a Nazi, read carefully and you'll see. Probably you need to start putting you emotions on check first(Prozac doesn't work any more?)and you'll realize that I only called you ignorant, not a Nazi. Pleaseeeee!!! Maybe I called you obsessive -compulsive (which I think you just corroborated by insisting in posting in an Arroyo thread, even though you were advised against it by your shrink), but I also called you good people with very good intentions (the Nazis did not have good intentions), just like the people who voted for Hitler (as you for Bush). That was it, don't get mad. please!

This is what I wrote that made you upset, read it again, maybe this time you'll see I did not call you a Nazi:

quote:
Emory, I am really sorry for all your pain and suffering, but that's what happens for not following your shrinks advice ("keep out of Jameer/Arroyo discussions"). I understand that you can not keep away from them, it is very difficult to overcome a compulsive disorder! Try not to follow us whenever Arroyo would go, specially if it is Europe. You now, people there think that Bush followers are very similar to Hitler's. However, for your peace of mind, not every Hitler follower was a Nazi, they just were good people with very good intentions and because of their ignorance voted for him. I am sure they did not want a second world war, as I am pretty sure you do not one a third one!

Knappy posted earlier:

quote:

Are you saying that Jameer = Nash?

quote:
Originally posted by trillmagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

emory is out of everything he knock my door looking for crack but i didnt have any cuz the nigth before he cleaned me out,please take it easy on him.

i often times scroll these boards for information and opinions, but u sir have crossed the line into a reprehensible act of low character against another board member and i have reported you. it is my hopes u are banned for such a low act. please grow up and dont dirty these forums with your despicable behavior. we are all magic fans and there is no room for personal attacks.

You should report Emory889, because he break the forum rules when he called another member "you idiot"that it is also a reason to be suspended.