Sign in to follow this  
MagicManMatt13

We could have easily had Marc Gasol for the up coming year

we could have also have gotten Samuel Dalembert, Gerald Wallace, Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas, Mehmet Okur, Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Boozer, Luis Scola, Boris Diaw, Josh Howard, Leonardo Barbosa, Michael Redd...the list goes on...it happens every year to teams...we weren't the only team to pass on him...financially it would not have worked trying to bring over Gasol...

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicManMatt13:

what could managemnet have been thinking?

Fran_vasquez_295.jpg

I think that was their mindset, but second round picks is where you gamble on guys like him.

Around 40 guys were chosen before Gasol in that draft so we are not the only ones who missed on that one.

I get more pissed everytime I see Granger play, while Frannie boy rakes it in on his big Euro contract his agent used us as leverage to get.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

quote:

Fran_vasquez_295.jpg

I think that was their mindset, but second round picks is where you gamble on guys like him.

Around 40 guys were chosen before Gasol in that draft so we are not the only ones who missed on that one.

I get more pissed everytime I see Granger play, while Frannie boy rakes it in on his big Euro contract his agent used us as leverage to get.

I dont think that was their mindset to be honest, you dont have that mindset and then end up with Milovan Rakovic at the end of the day, someone who probably has less of a chance of stepping on an NBA court than Fran...I'm pretty sure it was purely money...

quote:

I hate to be that guy that brings up the past, but Luke it looks like your not going to achieve your dream of the Orlando magic talent scout in Spain.

Sorry????? Have you even read what I've wrote?

Have you seen the "Around the NBA" section?

I have no time to waste with you, so I'm going to stick with my last post.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Hey Matt, maybe I'm wrong, but I think that you're only mentioning statistics that you read somewhere in the web, while I live in Spain and I see him playing almost every week in the last 3 years.

He's a very good player, I like him, and I'm not saying that he's not going to contribute for his team in NBA, but in my opinion he hasn't played enough in the bigger stage in Europe (Euroleague)

With one more year in Europe, he surely would have made a bigger impact, but I respect his decision and I will route for him anyway.

BTW, he's still a center, and this is not our biggest need at the moment.

I'm with you that he's a lot better than Rakovic, but the Fran fiasco surely affect Otis decision.

Not mentioning that Marc really explode last year, and wasn't so high considered a year ago

quote:

quote:

Fran_vasquez_295.jpg

Marc that was a good one.

hindsight is 20/20. The 2nd round is a crapshoot and this woulda, coulda, shoulda crap is a waste of time.

We should have drafted arenas, ginobili and michael redd too !!!!