Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Otis is the man!!!

I would be good with bringing Dooling back - it would be a nice defensive combination with Pietrus.

With the signing of Pietrus we have options and we don't have to bring back Dooling, but it would be nice to get him back - still a great energy guy.

If Dooling doesn't come back then it gives possible time to JJ or Lee.

Bogans should be packaged with Cook, ideally and a future first for a good PF or if JJ needed to be part of a trade to get a big you could try Bogans and JJ and a future first.

And, you resign Dooling. So out goes JJ, Bogans and future first - in comes Wilcox or Evans or another good big man that has a salary of around $6m and Dooling comes back - Knappy likes that a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

SMACK!!!

Unbelievable!!!

He is off the roof and now praising Otis and erecting statues!!!

Good job!!!

If he starts erecting a statue of Otis it's either time to make peace with this life or commit him...

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Having a player that eagerly wants the defensive assignment against players like Kobe makes SVG's job much easier.

And that's exactly what he was brought into do. Note: Pietrus is capable of defending 1-5. Not sure if you guys missed it, but last year he defended Dwight very well 1 on 1 when we played GS. That was unbelievable.

Great thread...

I am so excited about the inclusion of Air-France into our line up. Like SMACK, I also think that this move will allow orlando to play many different ways (hopefully one of those way involves JJ getting some PT). If the fans liked Mo Evans last year, they are going to instantly love Pietrus. Few players in the league can do what he does.

I am some what hesitant to want Keyon Dooling back though. I mean dont get me wrong he is a great player high character and intensity, but we are going to need another PG that can run our offense. REALIZE that Jameer hasnt gone through one season in his career where didn't get injured and have to sit out a couple of games.

Great signing though Otis, and way to recognize and sign a great player for not too much money

Its Funny Smack I was gonna create a thread dedicated to u, ball junkie and d-bo to say FINALLY we got Pietrus. I have benn following these boards for 2 years and have know on a number of occasions u mentioning him.

If we do resign Dooling imagine this Defensive lineup even JD would like this one.

in times we need a stop or stops

PG- Dooling

SG- Bogans

SF- Pietrus

PF- Turk/Shard

C- Dwight

that would be like the sickest D-Lineup of all time how could u score on that...

quote:
Originally posted by jesusway:

Otis just left the dog house

Only slightly. He'll get his butt shoved right back in there if he lets BVW convince him that Dooling is unaffordable (when we're currently 8 million under the luxury tax level).

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Only slightly. He'll get his butt shoved right back in there if he lets BVW convince him that Dooling is unaffordable (when we're currently 8 million under the luxury tax level).

I love Keyon Dooling but when Jamal Tinsley is right he's a better pure point guard.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:

I love Keyon Dooling but when Jamal Tinsley is right he's a better pure point guard.

Right for wearing bullet proof vests?

quote:

quote:

I agree, what I can't see is letting Keyon go, and considering Tinsley or Marbury.......What?????????? We better lock down the strip clubs!! But what is even worse, if New York, and Indy don't want these guys, we will be better off with JWilliams or D'league presonnel!!!!! In fact, it would be a good time to look at some of the South American teams as well!

Well I finally have to concede that Smack and Junkie are not the same poster. Anyway I am extremely excited about this move. I love Air France as I wanted him even more than Mags, just a better fit IMO. I still want to see JWill here as I think he would be a great upgrade at backup. If we get him we are a Banger away from serious contention. I am actually starting to respect Otis. Way to go mumbels.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:

Right for wearing bullet proof vests?

Hasn't everybody(Otis included) been clamoring for some toughness on our team? LOL

Seriously, for the vet minimum I'd take the risk. Especially in light of our current point guard situation.

And speaking for the Magic staff(Bhnole alluded to it in his opening post) they love Keyon but they don't view him as a pure point guard. Because he's not. Why do you think the first guy the Magic flew into town during free agency was Chris Duhon?