Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

Love the clutchplay by Vic

I would have liked to have seen more of Gatens, Lawal, and Clanton

Agreed. UCF fan, really wanted to see Keith Clanton get some playing time.

this team will suck 1 more year,

after that victor should add some muscle, making it easier for him to finish at the rim, and we should be getting 1 of wigigns/randle/exum/parker and another good prospect with their other pick.

honestly we are setup great after next season. if you aint a fan now, dont be a fan 2 years from now, stay the ***** off the bandwagon, we're going to suck but damnit this team will be fun to watch next season

• Upvote 4

On the same page of a Summer League thread, we have someone quoting Man of La Mancha and someone using the word "approbation" correctly.

My mind, she is blown.

isn't that "Don Q" in your avatar? had to read it in high school ...

Did we give up too soon?

ORLANDO, Fla. — Daniel Orton was on his way to being the star performer at this week's Orlando Pro Summer League.

Through the first two days, the Thunder center was turning heads and being praised like never before.

That was before he collided with teammate Reggie Jackson. The two bumped heads, and Orton missed the next two games with a mild concussion.

But who knows what the story coming out of summer league would have been had it not been for a fluke injury, had Orton stayed healthy?

Those first two days clearly belonged to Orton.

Fans and media members from all over were gushing about how good Orton looked.

“A monster” was what one person said Orton looked like, using the word as a term of endearment to describe his play.

But no group was more surprised than the locals in the Orlando media — the same people who watched Orton sit the bench for the first two years of his career before his unceremonious exit.

They couldn't believe how well Orton moved, how explosive he had become, how feathery his touch had grown and how aggressive he was around the rim.

http://newsok.com/da...article/3861391

Oh sweet Natalie Portman, what the hell.

Adam Morrison averaged almost 25 a game in the summer league. It means absolutely nothing.

Yeah that's the crazy thing its the Summer League. I don't think well hopefully don't think anyone believes that VO5 is going to save this team all by himself. Yes this year will be a struggle but I really can feel a different atmosphere and attitude here. The players want it and know that this is their time to shine and play in front of TRUEBLUE fans that come out and support a team, whether we are under .500 or over .500 we will always be there. Well most of us...

Oh sweet Natalie Portman, what the hell.

Adam Morrison averaged almost 25 a game in the summer league. It means absolutely nothing.

They couldn't believe how well Orton moved, how explosive he had become, how feathery his touch had grown and how aggressive he was around the rim.

Orton only averaged 12 pts and 5.5 boards, which is hardly Morrison-esque. I was referring to the fact he displayed NBA skills for the first time, something Morrison never did even when he averaged 25 pts/game in summer league.

I agree with the rest of your post, Natalie Portman is sweet.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me summer league games are somewhat of a glorified practice ... a notch above, if I may say so ... a great opportunity to see how much have our young under contact players improved since last evaluated, or regressed as someone has expressed ... to see what potential invited players may have or not, and how would they fit in future plans, etc. etc. So, winning or loosing, at this stage, really have no special meaning ...