Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

Your changing every disagreement into a personal attack thread is really tiresome. But I guess you provide some comic relief for everyone.

You have never heard of buying out a lease or buying out a contract, I guess.

You can passive aggressively insult me all you want, my gentle snowflake. I really don't care. But you still haven't answered my question. But since I'm feeling sporting, you're right. The team can buy out of their lease.

For about a quarter billion dollars.

So if you think they'd be willing to do that because of like, back to back losing seasons, after they just spent several hundred million building the arena, well, enjoy whatever it is you're going to do with the rest of your life. But holy hell.

Not to mention, I haven't personally attacked you at all. Like, literally, at all. Saying someone is just comic relief is an insult. That's what you did. Asking someone to explain their position, and then asking what it is they hope to gain from a discussion board when they refuse to actually have a discussion is not. I don't know how that could be any clearer for you. And if you think I'm just being stupid, why don't you ask one of the Mods who THEY think is in the wrong here.

Hell, Captain Hi-Top is reading this thread right now. Ask him. I'll tell you what: if he says I'm in the wrong, that I've violated the TOS, I will leave this board forever. It's not like I can't find better things to do than have people call me racist, have 14 year olds challenge me to fights in PMs and have to put 10 different people on ignore because they troll any thread I post in to complain about me being such a jerk and sending winged shadow monkeys to attack them in their sleep(or whatever the hell it was SaRgE used to complain about. I could never tell).

He won't, though, because I haven't. That's what you're refusing to understand. You're equating me telling you your opinion is stupid(which, btw, I haven't even done) with telling you that you're stupid. And they're not the same thing. Isaac Newton believed in alchemy. That's a pants-****tingly stupid thing to believe. It doesn't make Newton stupid; it just means he had a stupid held belief.

I asked you a question, which you have now refused to answer multiple times. You've instead elected to first dodge the question, then disqualify all evidence proving your point is nonsense, and then you just started moving the goal posts. You're arguments are intellectually bankrupt, since you're arguing that "the team got worse" and your justification is that this is extremely relevant even if the people wearing the team's jerseys at different times aren't the same people, the later group is still beholden to the performance of the former group, and either you know that such a position is indefensible and ridiculous and refuse to admit it, or you don't, and that's just sad.

But since I clearly have to do all the work in this "discussion" anyway, here's some more evidence your position was ridiculous:

The Magic's defense was horrifically bad from the start of the season. It didn't "get worse" as the season progressed. Our defense only seemed good because teams didn't score much on us early on.

But that was because our pace for the first two months of the season was in the mid to high 80s. That's horrifically slow, and depressed opp. PPG numbers(League average last year was 92, and that's one of the slowest paced seasons ever). That's all our "good defense" was: we played really slow.

And for fun, here's a list of all the teams we beat in the time leading up to our 10 game losing streak that finished with winning records:

Denver

LA Lakers

Golden State

That's it. We were great in those first two months against Phoenix(x2), Detroit(x2), Charlotte, Cleveland, Minnesota, and Washington. Then again, we also had a game where we lost to Brooklyn by 41 points, so maybe we should take off those rose colored glasses about how like, totes awesome we were in the first month and a half of the year.

• Upvote 2

Awesome. I love it when I do a bunch of coding to illustrate the points I'm making, and then half my hyperlinks vanish.

So DOM, how do you really feel?

• Upvote 1

Blah Blah Blah

Wow. Guess I touched a nerve. Lots of paragraphs there.

Who said we were awesome in the first month and a half? We weren't. But we were a heck of a lot better than we were after that, at least based on our record. Yeah, injuries had something to do with our poor record after that. But I'm not convinced that's all there is to it. I'm not sure the coaching is all that great, for example. Big baby is not LeBron. Why should the whole team fall apart without that one player?

Magic franchise worth about half a billion. 250 Million is a lot of money but the team is worth a lot of money. Teams regularly get offered excellent deals by cities who want to attract pro sports teams. So your number without context has little meaning.

If the team loses community support in the next few years (not this year and not next year, as I already said), yes there is some risk that they would look at revenue projections and make a business decision to move. Certainly hope it never comes to that. But there are risks to being a bad team for extended periods of time (not two years).

Once again, never said that players regressed individually. Basketball is not an individual sport. It's a team game. The team regressed. I explained my reasoning above. You don't like it, fine. So I'm not going to respond to irrelevant questions about which players regressed individually since I never said that any did (I'm not sure they didn't but there is no reason to go there).

Which players do you think improved? Do you think the team improved?

I'll leave comments about the moderators out of my post. I never said you violated the TOS, just that your posting is uncivil and seems purposely inflammatory.

Again, I didn't say players regressed individually. I said that the team as a whole regressed. Granted there were injury issues. But even with a team full of young athletic players, our defense was markedly worse as the season progressed. And our record reflected that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Big Baby Davis our defense last year?

Then he was injured...

It's a fair point. However, some teams seem to manage to overcome injuries. And what's really concerning to me is how our defense continued to worsen during the course of the season.

I didn't see more consistent play as the season progressed at either end of the floor from any of our young guys (we can leave Harris/Lamb out, since they were with the team a relatively short time).

Why do you think they improved?

Seems that you've never rooted for a team that was bad. We, however, are used to it. We have been through this before. Wait long enough, though, and we will pull through. Seems like our GM knows what he is doing, and I am very happy with what he has done so far.

Seems that you've never rooted for a team that was bad. We, however, are used to it. We have been through this before. Wait long enough, though, and we will pull through. Seems like our GM knows what he is doing, and I am very happy with what he has done so far.

Actually been a Magic fan since the first season. I hope you're right. Just not as confident as you are.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Big Baby Davis our defense last year?

Then he was injured...

And therein lies the problem.

Still waiting to hear how a team that had the most starting lineup changes in the NBA as well as an extremely young roster consisting of zero lottery picks somehow regressed.

No kidding.

Let's also ignore that Hennigan took Otis' roster and somehow turned it into a team with exciting young prospects.

Which players do you think improved? Do you think the team improved?

Both Vucevic and Harkless improved considerably, just check their season splits for evidence. The team on the court at the end of the season was completely different than the beginning of the season and missing key veteran players...that's kind of the point

No kidding.

Let's also ignore that Hennigan took Otis' roster and somehow turned it into a team with exciting young prospects.

Otis created a disaster. No argument. As far as the exciting young prospects, jury is still out on that. If they start to gel as a team and play with intensity and athleticism, then I'll agree with you. But we're not there yet.

Fans often tend to over-rate their own teams players. Understandable. Take Harris, for example. Most here consider him a beast in the making. But all you've got so far is a guy who rode the bench for another team most of last season, and then looked good for the last 20 games playing for us, the worst team in the league.