Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll ... Better Career: Lee or Arthur?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Hoopslife:

Arthur is only 6'7 though which isn't going to help our team right now. Shoot Hedo has 2 - 3 inches on this guy.

He's the exact same height as Udonis Haslem and most on this board would soil themselves if we picked him up.

haslem has 20lbs on him and has already proven to be successful in the league.

quote:

quote:

Arthur is only 6'7 though which isn't going to help our team right now. Shoot Hedo has 2 - 3 inches on this guy.

He's the exact same height as Udonis Haslem and most on this board would soil themselves if we picked him up.

Haslem is solid muscle, has a non stop motor and nasty attitude this team lacks in a big. I have not seen any scouting reports on Arthur that mention those traits.

I am good with the Lee pick and would have been with Arthur as well. But Lee is ready to play now and Arthur needs developing. Otis wants contributors instead of projects with potential.

I can live with that.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

quote:

Haslem is solid muscle, has a non stop motor and nasty attitude this team lacks in a big. I have not seen any scouting reports on Arthur that mention those traits.

I am good with the Lee pick and would have been with Arthur as well. But Lee is ready to play now and Arthur needs developing. Otis wants contributors instead of projects with potential.

I can live with that.

I have no issue with those who love Lee, I simply find it amussing how people have suddenly taken to bashing Arthur to justify the selection of Lee.

To compare Arthur and Haslem at the same point in their careers would be laughable. Haslem was a big tub of goo. I give the guy emmense credit, cuz he's one of the very few players I've actually seen remake his entire body and game. But, he's still one of the more overrated players in the game imo.

Arthurs played against elite competition and held his own very consistently since BEFORE he was in college. In the championship game against a team that made the athletes of Texas & UCLA look ordinary, Arthur's athleticism stood out. Based on what I saw against UCLA, Lee probably has a bigger adjustment to make going to the NBA than Arthur imo.

Does anybody here think that Lee will be that much better than Bogans?

Does anybody here not think Arthur would be better than Cook or Battie?

BTW, for you guys that want to use Haslem as the measurement by which Arthur should be graded...you should know that Haslem had the opposite problem that you accuse Arthur of having. He was 6 foot 7 inches and 250 lbs at the pre-draft workouts. A friggin fat azz. It's no wonder he went undrafted after starting 4 years at UF.

And Haslem doesn't have, nor ever had, the athleticism that Arthur was blessed with.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

He sure as heck better be or it is a wasted pick.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I was told that the Magic wanted a guy who could contribute right away.

At 216 pounds, Arthur wouldn't have seen the court for us at PF this year. Near-sighted by the Magic? Perhaps. Depends how each player turns out.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

It's funny you mention that. I watched like a two minutre video of Lee before the draft and the whole time I was thinking "This guy is Keith Bogans."

For our sake, I hope he's better.

quote:

At 216 pounds, Arthur wouldn't have seen the court for us at PF this year. Near-sighted by the Magic? Perhaps. Depends how each player turns out.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. He's a more natural front court player right now at 217 than Shard & he'll only get bigger.

For some ref points, the following players came into the NBA at:

Darrell Arthur - 6'7.5"/217

Rashard Lewis - 6'8.5"/190

Kurt Thomas - 6'7.75"/221

Nzar Muhammed - 6'10"/220

Cliff Robinson - 6'9"/223

Dikembe Mutumbo - 7'1.25"/228

PJ Brown - 6'10"/225

Robert Horry - 6'8"/220

Joe Smith - 6'9.5"/220

Theo Raliff - 6'8.75"/214

Kevin Garnet - 6'11"/217

Marcus Camby - 6'11"/223

Tony Battie - 6'9.5"/227

Tyson Chandler - 6'11"/224

Horace Grant - 6'9"/215

A good percentage of these guys contributing immediately and there aren't many of his list more athletic than Arthur.

I am surprised with the negativity of picking lee over Arthur. I just don't see it. Arthur would have just been buried on this team over Hedo and Shard. Yes, he does play PF too, but his built does seem to be only for SF. Correct me if I am wrong, but he is a tweener right now.

A guy like Arthur would be a nice pick, I'd like to have him here too, coz he has the potential. But I don't think he'll ever turnout to be someone good unless he leaves our team.

I do believe Courtney will be better than Kebo. One, coz Courtney is more athletic compared to Keith. Courtney is also a way better shooter than Keith. Also, Courtney can defend.

Also basing it on the measurements Killing provided, yes these guys are just as light as Arthur, but most of them has the height compared to Arthur.

I think Kurt, Horry, Ratliff and Horace Grant comes closer to what Arthur is right now.

quote:

quote:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. He's a more natural front court player right now at 217 than Shard & he'll only get bigger.

For some ref points, the following players came into the NBA at:

Darrell Arthur - 6'7.5"/217

Rashard Lewis - 6'8.5"/190

Kurt Thomas - 6'7.75"/221

Nzar Muhammed - 6'10"/220

Cliff Robinson - 6'9"/223

Dikembe Mutumbo - 7'1.25"/228

PJ Brown - 6'10"/225

Robert Horry - 6'8"/220

Joe Smith - 6'9.5"/220

Theo Raliff - 6'8.75"/214

Kevin Garnet - 6'11"/217

Marcus Camby - 6'11"/223

Tony Battie - 6'9.5"/227

Tyson Chandler - 6'11"/224

Horace Grant - 6'9"/215

A good percentage of these guys contributing immediately and there aren't many of his list more athletic than Arthur.

I read you. My point is I believe the Magic feel Lee will contribute more right now than Arthur. I personally wanted both. We need a future PF very badly.