Sign in to follow this  
Mr Charisma

More info when locking

Just a friendly suggestion.

When a thread is locked because another thread exists of that nature, it would help those that are being redirected if they knew where they were being redirected to.

For example, ibonedteribell opened up a thread relevant to VanderWeide's statements. It was appropriately locked because Ball Junkie had already opened up a thread on this topic.

But when the topic was locked, there was nothing to indicate to him/her WHERE the other thread exists. No link or no name of the pre-existing thread.

I'm guessing that is why some of the folks get frustrated about the locked threads: because they don't know where to find the appropriate thread.

Just sharing a thought.

What you guys do is awesome.

PS - my apologies if this suggestion has already been placed in another thread here. I was too lazy to read them all.

Just a friendly suggestion.

When a thread is locked because another thread exists of that nature, it would help those that are being redirected if they knew where they were being redirected to.

For example, ibonedteribell opened up a thread relevant to VanderWeide's statements. It was appropriately locked because Ball Junkie had already opened up a thread on this topic.

But when the topic was locked, there was nothing to indicate to him/her WHERE the other thread exists. No link or no name of the pre-existing thread.

I'm guessing that is why some of the folks get frustrated about the locked threads: because they don't know where to find the appropriate thread.

Just sharing a thought.

What you guys do is awesome.

PS - my apologies if this suggestion has already been placed in another thread here. I was too lazy to read them all.

Sorry about that one! The Dude Abides put a link on his post when he advised Ibone about the other thread so I didn't bother with that one.

I definatley will make sure I put a link on them from now on.

No apology necessary. I just wasn't aware if it was standard procedure. No big deal.

After seeing LGMs picture of you, I'm certainly not going to get on your bad side !!!!