ball junkie

Kyler says the Redick/Haslem trade could happen - Update on page "2"

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

I talked to Steve and asked him if he really thought there was a chance we could get Udonis. I also asked him if he was hearing 'anything' else about the Magic. Here was his comments:

quote:

The Magic told Courtney they did not draft him for him to sit, but he'd

have to earn his place... They did not tell Courtney JJ was gone, but did

hint that they did not expect their back court to be as crowded.

Mo Evans wants to return... Keyon wants to be paid... there are about 7

teams that have him high on their list including Miami and Washington,

neither will go full boat (Mid Level) for Keyon, but Keyon's dance card

will be full.

Carlos is toast...

As for Udonis, I still think a sign and trade with Keyon and JJ Reddick

get you Udonis - there are not enough minutes - the thing is I do not see

it happening until after Summer League, and once Miami really knows what

they have in Beasley... I think Orlando has to take on an unfavorable

contract or give up a draft pick to get Miami to bite...

If I am Otis, I offer the rights to Fran Vasquez, JJ Reddick, a sign and

trade for either Carlos or Keyon and a future 2nd rounder for Udonis.

I use the Middle Level to get a veteran backup guard and a backup

center... UD can hold down the Five when you go small.

Steve

Interesting stuff! Yeah you're right Killing, I would wet on myself if we could get him!!! Ha-Ha

Well of course they told Lee that. WHat are they supposed to say, "Courtney we like you, but we're drafting you to sit."

Also doesn't it make more sense to just keep Redick than dish out more money for Evans?

And with Haslem, i've never bought this for a second. I just don't see them dealing with us. Plus, I think they can do better than Dooling and Redick with a diferent team.

Miami's starting point guard right now is Marcus Banks. His back-up is that little small, white dude from Notre Dame who's name I can't remember right now. I was reading the Miami papers this morning and all they were talking about was trying to find a point guard through free agency and some shooting.

Be honest, would you be worried right now if you were Riley and that was your 2 best point guards? Who else could they trade with? Maybe Chicago for Hinrich but the Bulls wouldn't want Haslem. They still need a lowpost scorer. Besdies they already have Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas.

Who else in the league could satisfy the Heat's need more so than the Magic?

Lastly, man I couldn't believe Kyler said Keyon has "SEVEN" teams that are interested in acquiring his services!

Would you feel comfortable with Keyon Dooling as your starting PG? Also, there are tons of PG's they could go for. Tinsley and Felton might be trade bait, Memphis has 1761853 pg's, hell even Carlos Arroyo makes sense. I just don't see them giving up Haslem to us.

They also got Chalmers in the draft.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I talked to Steve and asked him if he really thought there was a chance we could get Udonis. I also asked him if he was hearing 'anything' else about the Magic. Here was his comments:

quote:

will be full.

Carlos is toast...

Steve

Interesting stuff! Yeah you're right Killing, I would wet on myself if we could get him!!! Ha-Ha

Well of course they told Lee that. WHat are they supposed to say, "Courtney we like you, but we're drafting you to sit."

Also doesn't it make more sense to just keep Redick than dish out more money for Evans?

And with Haslem, i've never bought this for a second. I just don't see them dealing with us. Plus, I think they can do better than Dooling and Redick with a diferent team.

Miami's starting point guard right now is Marcus Banks. His back-up is that little small, white dude from Notre Dame who's name I can't remember right now. I was reading the Miami papers this morning and all they were talking about was trying to find a point guard through free agency and some shooting.

Be honest, would you be worried right now if you were Riley and that was your 2 best point guards? Who else could they trade with? Maybe Chicago for Hinrich but the Bulls wouldn't want Haslem. They still need a lowpost scorer. Besdies they already have Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas.

Lastly, man I couldn't believe Kyler said Keyon has "SEVEN" teams that are interested in acquiring his services!

Would you feel comfortable with Keyon Dooling as your starting PG? Also, there are tons of PG's they could go for. Tinsley and Felton might be trade bait, Memphis has 1761853 pg's, hell even Carlos Arroyo makes sense. I just don't see them giving up Haslem to us.

Kberto, Kyler mentioned doing a sign and trade with either Keyon OR "CARLOS". I forgot to mention but I posted it this morning in I think it was the Miami Herald that Carlos was on the top of their free agent list for points. I look it up if you wish.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

will be full.

Carlos is toast...

Steve

Kberto, Kyler mentioned doing a sign and trade with either Keyon OR "CARLOS".

What's in it for them? WHy not just sign Carlos and trade Haslem some where else if they want him gone.

And why does everyone insist they have to get rid of Haslem anyway? They'll be much better next year, why not keep your best players?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

will be full.

Carlos is toast...

Steve

Kberto, Kyler mentioned doing a sign and trade with either Keyon OR "CARLOS".

What's in it for them? WHy not just sign Carlos and trade Haslem some where else if they want him gone.

And why does everyone insist they have to get rid of Haslem anyway? They'll be much better next year, why not keep your best players?

They need a point guard and shooting. If Beasley is awesome then Haslem's minutes will be reduced. Believe it or not, word is that Riley likes J.J? I know, it was hard for me to belive too. Ha-Ha

Haha no more quoting for me, it takes to long to see the next post.

If Redick can't beat out Bogans, how is he going to get minutes behind Wade, Davis, and mayve even some Marion at 2. It just sounds really sketch to me. I felt if Redick was going to be traded, it would of been on draft night.

Now if by some miracle this really could land us Haslem, I would do it in a second, but it just sounds to good to be true.

quote:

Haha no more quoting for me, it takes to long to see the next post.

If Redick can't beat out Bogans, how is he going to get minutes behind Wade, Davis, and mayve even some Marion at 2. It just sounds really sketch to me. I felt if Redick was going to be traded, it would of been on draft night.

Now if by some miracle this really could land us Haslem, I would do it in a second, but it just sounds to good to be true.

As soon as something is finalized with Dooling and Mo Evans or some other shooting guard, Redick is Toast! Even the Sentinel posted this morning that the wrting was on the wall for J.J.

Can you see him sitting on the bench this whole next season as 3rd string shooting guard?

I thought the Heat wanted Dooling. It looks like they may want Arroyo instead:

quote:

Miami obtained Kansas' Mario Chalmers, selected 34th overall by Minnesota, in a draft-night trade, but Heat President Pat Riley said that was merely the first step in trying to find a replacement for Jason Williams.

"We will continue to pursue that in free agency," Riley said.

Orlando's Carlos Arroyo and Sacramento's Beno Udrih, both unrestricted free agent point guards, could also draw Miami's interest.

For now, Riley said he considers Marcus Banks the starting point guard.

"It's really his job to lose," said Riley, who also could turn to Chris Quinn. "He's coming in under contract."

Marcus Banks and Chris Quinn as your starting point guards? Riley better start making some trades or signing some free agents! LOL

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper...7/a1c_heat_0628.html

The Heat want to get rid of the three years 6 million dollars left on Haslem's contract, so it's part salary dump and part helping their needs. They used Chris Quinn for significant minutes last year - I know JJ is better that Quinn. We had two 2 guards that shot around 40 percent from the line and could rebound and play defense, which is why JJ never played. Miami has a few decent shooters, but they are more get hot types, like Davis, who hits as many threes at Bogans, but some nights he'll go 3-14 and then hit 7-8 the next night. JJ should give them a consistent floor spacer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dooling can get an extra year if he does a sign and trade than if he signs as a free agent right? So the cap hit might be less per year for Miami if they space out the deal longer.

I don't think this will happen, because I really want it to, but if we get Haslem we solve most of our problems and Otis instantly becomes respected by almost everyone on this board. Of course as Magic fans we know if this deal goes through JJ probably ends up being Jeff Hornacek redux and we regret letting him get away, but that can't happen right?

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kite for Three!:

The Heat want to get rid of the three years 6 million dollars left on Haslem's contract, so it's part salary dump and part helping their needs. They used Chris Quinn for significant minutes last year - I know JJ is better that Quinn. We had two 2 guards that shot around 40 percent from the line and could rebound and play defense, which is why JJ never played. Miami has a few decent shooters, but they are more get hot types, like Davis, who hits as many threes at Bogans, but some nights he'll go 3-14 and then hit 7-8 the next night. JJ should give them a consistent floor spacer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dooling can get an extra year if he does a sign and trade than if he signs as a free agent right? So the cap hit might be less per year for Miami if they space out the deal longer.

I don't think this will happen, because I really want it to, but if we get Haslem we solve most of our problems and Otis instantly becomes respected by almost everyone on this board. Of course as Magic fans we know if this deal goes through JJ probably ends up being Jeff Hornacek redux and we regret letting him get away, but that can't happen right?

Thanks Greg for bringing your business, salary cap knowledge to the conversation. As I tell others all the time I'm not very astute at it nor do I care too. I'd rather stick to just the game itself. I only read and learn about it because I see it talked about so frequntly on these boards.

All I know is Kyler thinks there is a real good chance it could happen.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Pat Riley is a superior GM than Otis Smith. He isn't going to let Haslem join his biggest competition in the division while only giving up probably the most expandable guy on the roster and a few other scrubs. Sorry this isn