Sign in to follow this  
Rojogrande

Courtney Lee

I just wanted to clarify one thing with a couple of you. When I said Lee would get 12-15 ppg I also said given the minutes. That is not overstating anything. If he gets over 25 min a game then you can bank on it. But without the minutes then you are right. that is definately and overstatement.

--Rojogrande

Listen up children, There is NO question that Courtney Lee was the best 2 guard available. He has a pull up jumper that is untouchable. He also has incredible elevation on his jump shots that is much needed in the NBA (Unlike CDR) And lastly he likes to break guys down off the dribble, either take it to the rack or take the pull up jumper, this will open up a lot of space for all of our 3 point line campers and also for Dwight. Not to mention he can play some D....Great pick, He will be the starter at the beginning of the season because Stan will love this guys Defensive tenancity.

quote:

JJ= acc all-time most overated player.

--Rojogrande

The only way you can compare the two now is their college stats. JJ was clearly the man in college, and he played for Duke against real Competition.

JJ = Acc All Time Leading Scorer

Lee = Played For A Billy Bob School

JJ just blows away Lees college career.

You are nuts to compare the two.

Just trowing my 2 cents in on our pick. I really don't know too much about the guy rather than he's the Sun Belt Player of the year or whatever? That means absolutely nothing to me personally. To me the scouting report on this guy sounds just like every other 2 guard in the draft, "Great athleticism, Great shooter, great slasher", come on can anyone be original?

To me the 2 guard was the last roster spot I would have drafted, we need a BIG!!! Am I the only one who isn't exactly thinking that the return of Tony Battie will take us to the Finals next year like the All Knowing Otis thinks.

Seriously, since when is Battie the next Barkley or Malone? Even a decent sized pg would have been nice, but not another 2, geeez. I was really counting/hoping that the Magic could get back Maggette, but now I seriously doubt that's gonna happen.

Unless we end up trading Lee along with Bogans/JJ or Turk, our lineup for next year isn't going to scare that many teams. I really don't think that a roster with Battie, Lee and Gorat as UPGRADES is really gonna scare Boston/Detroit/CLV next year.

Thanks Otis for another wasted draft.

The pick wasn't unexpected, flashy, or sexy, just solid. At #22 if you can get a productive rotation player let alone a player with starting potential at a position of need it's a great thing. We all knew Lee was going to be the pick for weeks now if available. The guy seems NBA ready so we'll see. Personally I'm fine and happy with the pick.

Now the interesting part...he wore #32 in college. Will the Magic allow him to be the first to wear it since Shaq in 96?

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Lee will be the starter this year. Yall dont know what you're talking about. He might not start 1st game of season. But mid-season he'll be the starter

couldn't agree more...SVG is absolutely in love with him...he's said himself that Lee's ability to shoot threes and defend are the reason they drafted him...I would find it hard to believe that we drafted a backup SG with #22 when we have guys Mogans as our starters...

also hard to believe we drafted an SG at #22 when Bigs like Arthur, Jordan, Hendrix, Dorsey, etc. were still on the board...

I'm actually pretty pleased with the Lee selection - I think he'll make a big impact on the team if he shows up in training camp and doesn't pull a JJ (whine about playing time, be all emo on his blog, etc.)

Someone asked why Lee would get playing time over JJ - one word: DEFENSE. Also, it seems to me from what Rojo and Truth are saying that this kid is a big time team player, and I can't really see that in Reddick. While I'll never slag JJ's college career - he is truly one of the best all time collegiate scorers - I don't think he's true NBA Starter material. It's up to him to prove me wrong, though. icon_smile.gif

I, like everyone, am disappointed as well that front office took the night off and didn't do anything after selecting Lee. The only hope I have in that regard is that Otis has somehting cooked up where he needs the pieces he'd use to get a 2nd round pick to pull a trade off come July 1st. We'll see.

Someone posted wku's resume....how does that compare to dukes? You never....never trade a big for a small or draft a small over a big. Aurthur was the pick he should have made....add magette with the mle if you can and youve got a heck of a team. Missed opportunity....Otis has alot of them.

Thanks to whoever put up the video link. After watching it, I can definitely say we don't have a shooting guard with this guy's all-around ability on our team. He may not be the starter this year, but if he works as hard as Rojo says, he looks like he'll be a good 2 guard in the future. Gorgeous pull-up jumper, which only JJ can come close to right now, and only Dooling, who may not even be here next year, compares to his driving ability. I did like how quickly he gets back in transition and finds his man after shooting. Good to see the effort. I hope he works out. And yes, we still need a friggin' big.