Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Today's NBA DRAFT 2008 Thread - How did everyone do?

quote:
How bad was the pick of jj now for otis when he has to burn a pick on sg again two years later?

From what I've always heard, JJ was not an Otis pick.

quote:
Guys, settle down. We have a Warlock who trains with bears.

Hahaha.

I wonder what Jazz is planning? They have a center from Turkey (Memo) and drafted two more centers: Kosta Koufos (Greece), Ante Tomic (Crotia). Moreover, their third pick is a power forward from Serbia (Traija Dragicevic). They also have Krilenko from Russia. Interesting..Now, they have 3 centers and 2 power forwards from Europe!

Darrel Arthur was on the board and we drafted a sg, when we are apparently planning on resigning Evans?

If we resign evans I am gonna be pissed. Lee I hope is ready to come in rigth now because we need a starter and I guess Otis thinks its him/

I hope Otis has a pf planned with the mid level exception because Darrel Arthur was on the board and we didnt pick him.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Geez, Portland is gonna be stacked, How can they afford all these players LOL

in a few years they cant

You obviously aren't familiar with who Paul Allen is. God I wish I followed a team with the organizational structure & commitment of the Trailblazers.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by mnewballer21:

There may not be a kidney issue, according to Kansas, this is terrible if this costs this kid millions of dollars and it really isn't a big deal.

It is the Kid's agent fault if it is not a big deal because they reported his representatives refused to let him be tested. Maybe he has the same thing as Mourning it was sickle cell right that caused him to have Kidney problems? and thus a transplant? Maybe I am mixing it all up. Still if the kid's reps screwed him then it is their fault.

Thing is why invite him if a team did not say they would pick him. Usually the only invites are given after a poll of the top 15 teams.

My understanding is that it's the leagues fault.

A hyper athletic 4 to go with our ultra athletic center, that would have really su-cked.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

lol...here comes one of the picks the Grizz got for Gasol. That makes me feel WAAAAAAYYY better about what we're doing.

If we move into the top of the 2nd and get Chalmers, I think I'd flip out.

If Otis was so high on this guy, why is he content to watch Miami get him for basically what he bluffed us out of for SVG?

Otis Smith gets an A grade for depressing the hell out of his team's fan base. Otis Smith proved to me tonight that he is completely clueless. Arthur fell in his lap at #22 and he didn't take it. He could of obtained Chalmers and Hendrix for cash, but as usual he twirls his thumbs and sits on his ***.

When I watch Portland and Seattle completely work these drafts two straight years it drives me crazy to know we have a GM that refuses to make things happen for his team.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I kind of understand that trade. Portland has Roy plus they are expected to get Rudy Fernandez from Spain next year (and supposedly he was tearing up the Spanish league) so Rush may have created a logjam. Bayless isn't a pure point guard which may work out because alot of their playmaking is done by Roy. I also think Diogu is a pretty good roleplayer.

Bayless couldn't ask for a better fit. Roy is a play maker at SG, so Bayless can play the point without actually having to run the team.

What kind of quality players can the Magic add this summer without trading Hedo? We have to do something about the front court, with Augustine and Foyle probably leaving, all you have is Gortat and Cook. Seems like a big issue to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

The only issue I have with Lee is his height. He reminds me of a more athletic bogans. I am hoping he is the next Bobby Phills as he reminds me a lot of him. If he does have that type of game then all will be well.

I remember Bobby Phills being much bigger and much more physical. I don't mind Lee, I think he's a big of a reach @22, & was desperately hoping somebody would save us from ourselves and draft him. Just as I said earlier today, it's obvious that pick was pretermined, and we were unwilling to capitalize of a golden opportunity falling in our lap. I'm sorry, Lee is not a dramatic improvement over our existing 2's, and our big weakness was in the front court.