Sign in to follow this  
E27

Grading the 2007 NBA Free Agent Class (hoopsworld.com)

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

VC and darko make $82.8mill combined while lewis gets $118mill. for that much money he'd have to average almost a triple double (25-10-8) to get a better grade

I can't agree with this logic. You can't add up the production from 2 players and compare them to the production from 1 player.

That's like trying to compare the stats of a player that plays 40 minutes a game to a player that plays 20 minutes a game, and then criticizing the player that only playes 20 minutes for not putting up the same type of numbers as the 40 minute player.

but i've never compared darko's and VC's stats combined to rashard's. i just compared their salaries.

Couldn't agree either, a fair comparision should be between the salaries they earn every year, not the total amount of the lenght of the contract.

VC made 13,3m this year, Lewis 14,8m.

Not a big difference, and I strongly prefer to have a guy like Rashard in this Orlando team, instead of Vince Carter.

quote:
Originally posted by Big L:

You want to see a horrible contract look no further than Ben Wallace.

Thank you for that, every time someone mentions that, it makes me smile.

besides of the contract of shard all of the above mention is definetely true..

shard play out position which he doesnt belong ..

and i think he should be credited that one..

he should be graded atlest B or B+ ..

its a bias for shard graded him at D-..

quote:

The money is not that bad. When VC signed that deal a few years back it was a lot of money. Jordan didn't make the same amount of money as Kobe or half the stars now, it's about economics at the current time. In 3 to 5 years from now, Shards contract when compared to the top athletes will be very reasonable. When Bron and the rest of them sign 150 mil plus contracts the 117 will be forgotten. Otis did what he had to do to secure the right guy at the right age for this club. You want to see a horrible contract look no further than Ben Wallace. Besides if Devos doesn't mind paying, why do you guys?

if there wasn't a salary cap i wouldn't mind at all. and i don't see lebron getting $150mill, there is the CBA and the salaries won't rise that drastically.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Couldn't agree either, a fair comparision should be between the salaries they earn every year, not the total amount of the lenght of the contract.

VC made 13,3m this year, Lewis 14,8m.

Not a big difference, and I strongly prefer to have a guy like Rashard in this Orlando team, instead of Vince Carter.

hmm, now i can't agree. i rather pay a player $30mill (i know it's impossible) for 1yr than $15mill per year for 6yrs. so until 2013 we won't be able to improve our roster besides some draft picks in the 20s and the MLE. what if lewis gets hurt? or if he declines? he's untradable and so, we're pretty much screwed. ask allen houston, ben wallace or kenyon martin. while VC's deal isn't great at all, it's still better than shard's.

who'd i pick between the two? hard to tell. VC looks like he hasn't much left in his tank but a SG would fit in much better with the magic than a SF. i dunno, i wouldn't pick either of them

quote:

quote:

The money is not that bad. When VC signed that deal a few years back it was a lot of money. Jordan didn't make the same amount of money as Kobe or half the stars now, it's about economics at the current time. In 3 to 5 years from now, Shards contract when compared to the top athletes will be very reasonable. When Bron and the rest of them sign 150 mil plus contracts the 117 will be forgotten. Otis did what he had to do to secure the right guy at the right age for this club. You want to see a horrible contract look no further than Ben Wallace. Besides if Devos doesn't mind paying, why do you guys?

if there wasn't a salary cap i wouldn't mind at all. and i don't see lebron getting $150mill, there is the CBA and the salaries won't rise that drastically.

Before Kg and the likes, did anyone foresee 21mil per year contracts???

After reading this article, I begin to think more and more that NOBODY watched us and Shard dismantle the Raptors, who were "better" than us. No love...