Sign in to follow this  
CARLY

arenas has opted out!

With arenas opting out of his contract with the wizards( read it on espn)do you guys think we can go hard after jamison with the MLE? i know he , like everybody else in the nba would like to play with dwight if given the chance. any opinions?

With arenas opting out of his contract with the wizards( read it on espn)do you guys think we can go hard after jamison with the MLE? i know he , like everybody else in the nba would like to play with dwight if given the chance. any opinions?

I feel bad for Arenas. The only teams that can afford him are like the Knicks and Dallas. Jamison is just a little over the MLE. I think if we trade turkoglu and another player we could do it.

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN4EVA1:

I feel bad for Arenas. The only teams that can afford him are like the Knicks and Dallas. Jamison is just a little over the MLE. I think if we trade turkoglu and another player we could do it.

Why are you feeling bad for him?

quote:
Originally posted by CARLY:

Arenas already said that he would opt out in like december. Washington can still resign him (this is likely going to happen). The only point of him opting out is so he can get a long term deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Arenas already said that he would opt out in like december. Washington can still resign him (this is likely going to happen). The only point of him opting out is so he can get a long term deal.

Now I get it. He opting out just to sign with the same team and at the same time get a long term deal. Brilliant.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

quote:

Now I get it. He opting out just to sign with the same team and at the same time get a long term deal. Brilliant.

yep, it's smart especially if he keeps having injury problems.

at the same time he's also getting Jamison a new contract by pulling the whole "resign him or ill bolt too". Washington wont want to risk losing both of them so i'd say that both Arenas and Jamison are off the market.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

at the same time he's also getting Jamison a new contract by pulling the whole "resign him or ill bolt too". Washington wont want to risk losing both of them so i'd say that both Arenas and Jamison are off the market.

May be something like that explain Jameer's extension by Otis.

quote:
-A word on Gilbert Arenas, who filed the paperwork to opt out on Friday: Everything I can gather tells me that he will be in a Wizards uniform next season. I see the Wizards offering as much as it takes to keep him - yes, that means the max - and him taking it.

- That said, I see two darkhorses out there and I do mean darkhorses.

1. Arenas is notoriously quirky, he grew up in Los Angeles and loves the Lakers. Just throwing that out there. Obviously, he'd have to take way less to pull such a move but he'd also know that he'd make a ton of money back in marketing.

2. Arenas is very close with Orlando GM Otis Smith from Smith's days with Golden State. With Howard, Lewis and Turkoglu, the Magic has pieces in place. The downside, other than taking less money, would be that Orlando is not a big market and I see Arenas wanting to go no smaller than DC.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2008/06/workouts_continue_1.html

I wouldn't mind Arenas as our SG and getting a true PF so we could bring Turk off the bench. I know its a pipedream, but who cares; "The offseason, where pipedreams happen" lol.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

May be something like that explain Jameer's extension by Otis.

Its possible, i dunno if thats why it happened but its not unheard of to have your franchise player have some input on roster descisions.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
-A word on Gilbert Arenas, who filed the paperwork to opt out on Friday: Everything I can gather tells me that he will be in a Wizards uniform next season. I see the Wizards offering as much as it takes to keep him - yes, that means the max - and him taking it.

- That said, I see two darkhorses out there and I do mean darkhorses.

1. Arenas is notoriously quirky, he grew up in Los Angeles and loves the Lakers. Just throwing that out there. Obviously, he'd have to take way less to pull such a move but he'd also know that he'd make a ton of money back in marketing.

2. Arenas is very close with Orlando GM Otis Smith from Smith's days with Golden State. With Howard, Lewis and Turkoglu, the Magic has pieces in place. The downside, other than taking less money, would be that Orlando is not a big market and I see Arenas wanting to go no smaller than DC.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2008/06/workouts_continue_1.html

I wouldn't mind Arenas as our SG and getting a true PF so we could bring Turk off the bench. I know its a pipedream, but who cares; "The offseason, where pipedreams happen" lol.

If he was worried about going to a potential championship team then i would think that LA would have the upperhand on us due to the fact that they are in the finals now.

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN4EVA1:

I have no idea where you get your information but its way off base. The Knicks and Mavericks are WAY over the salary cap. The only way they can get Arenas is if he accepted the midlevel exception from one of them (which isn't happening) or a sign and trade which isn't likely (although maybe Dallas could offer some pieces that the Wizards would be interested in).