Soul Bro

Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

Alright...

I think I know who it is...

Carlos Arroyo

Players represented by Leon Rose

It would explain why Otis is able to speak to his agent and organise a sign and trade without breaking any rules. The question is who is he getting traded for?

Magician09, who Live in the land of Oz, you got it, my friend. I just wants to say that this is only a rummor that someone brought to me 2 or 3 weeks ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Oh and I did also hear, in agreement with Cat, that the Magic plan to keep playing small a lot with Shard at the 4.

What's the rationale behind that line of thinking? Was Otis asleep during the Detroit series? Does he not realize we're at a serious disadvantage with that line up?

I know you probably agree with me, but does your source have any details on why Otis feels that way?

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I know you probably agree with me, but does your source have any details on why Otis feels that way?

Yes, because of the new rules that favor guards and wingmen.

IMO, and this is not insider info, we need three things this summer: a starting caliber SG (i.e. Rush, CDR, Childress, JR Smith, Pietrus, etc.), a banger PF who can hit the open jumper (i.e. Turiaf, Kurt Thomas, DJ White, etc.), and a defensive back-up PG (i.e. Duhon, Dooling, etc.).

quote:

quote:

IMO, and this is not insider info, we need three things this summer: a starting caliber SG (i.e. Rush, CDR, Childress, JR Smith, Pietrus, etc.), a banger PF who can hit the open jumper (i.e. Turiaf, Kurt Thomas, DJ White, etc.), and a defensive back-up PG (i.e. Duhon, Dooling, etc.).

I don't disagree with any of the players you mentioned but Otis is out his **** mind if he thinks we can win with Rashard at four.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't disagree with any of the players you mentioned but Otis is out his **** mind if he thinks we can win with Rashard at four.

We won 52 games with Rashard at PF. The only PF we can get that would start is Jamison anyway. So you go the route of youth and try and get Speights or a young big with his talent and have him split the minutes with Shard and get Shard more time at SF and slide Hedo to SG now and then.

This is the problem with keeping JJ. He still will not get a lot of minutes, so you have to figure out what you can get for him. I have heard for months now that JJ will be used to move up in the draft a little, and I would not be surprised if that happens at all so the Magic can get Speights and develop him into a guy who ends up starting down the road when Hedo's contract comes up.

I really love the idea of getting CDR/Rush and trading for the rights to JJ Hickson.

I like DJ White, Mario Chalmers and Courtney Lee as well.

Soul Bro, Has JJ Hickson come up in any Magic talks? Are they interested? Did he have a workout? What about Mario Chalmers?

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We won 52 games with Rashard at PF. The only PF we can get that would start is Jamison anyway. So you go the route of youth and try and get Speights or a young big with his talent and have him split the minutes with Shard and get Shard more time at SF and slide Hedo to SG now and then.

This is the problem with keeping JJ. He still will not get a lot of minutes, so you have to figure out what you can get for him. I have heard for months now that JJ will be used to move up in the draft a little, and I would not be surprised if that happens at all so the Magic can get Speights and develop him into a guy who ends up starting down the road when Hedo's contract comes up.

There's a number of ways we could bring in a starting PF.

But if you think we can be a contending team with a finese player at four than I don't know what to say.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There's a number of ways we could bring in a starting PF.

But if you think we can be a contending team with a finese player at four than I don't know what to say.

It's weird how you didn't really read what I posted that closely.