Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Draft Poll

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I do see the possibility of this draft helping us fill a good back-up position that might lead into helping us straighten out our BENCH...

Which is desperately needed.

If you look at the success of our past several drafts, that is precisely why we have no depth.

I'm just hoping we do something right this time around...LOL

I'm not into the draft that much...

I know most of these guys got to get used to the NBA game

but at least we could hope for the best

i would hope that management is trying to win now, instead of in the future.

for that reason, i think we should forget about the second round for now, as the second rounders are generally attained for future use, not immediate contributions...unless if there is someone you are just in love with.

we should spend more time trying to acquire players that will contribute immediately, not in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

for that reason, i think we should forget about the second round for now, as the second rounders are generally attained for future use, not immediate contributions...unless if there is someone you are just in love with.

we should spend more time trying to acquire players that will contribute immediately, not in the future.

Not necessarily the case... Joey Dorsey is quite ready to contribute now, so is Lester Hudson, Courtney Lee and Richard Hendrix.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

With a 15 man roster, I'd say no less than 2-3 players should always be in development mode on a roster. Now if we'd just stop waisting our time developing players with no upside like Augie & Diener, we might be alright.

What a glorious contradiction of thoughts in this poll. The overwhelming majority want to build for now, yet want to trade Hedo for a draft pick, & only 40% feel the key to building for now is free agency. A 19/20 year is not the key to winning now. Multiple rookies sure aren't the key to winning now.