Sign in to follow this  
Philip

If Jameer Nelson were your best friend.....

Jameer had another good game, people need to quit hating, he dished 7 assists with 1 TO and scored 17!

As Hess said, his heart and hustle was awesome, FAR better than anyone else on the court.

I am gonna tell you a little story!

When Arroyo was in Detroit, the second team played great and most of the time, they increased the lead... It worked all season and was working incredibly GREAT during the playoffs...

( this kept the first team full of gas for the moment they re enter in the middle of the 4th quarter)...

For some reason, teh PISTONS changed tactics in the FINALS... and BILLUPS looked tired at the end of games and they lost the 2nd championship in a row!!!.... They should ve kept the same game plan because it was working!... It was working at the start of this season... Why it wouln't work at the end of it???

------

I dont see ANY REASON why ARROYO did not get a few minutes!!! Arroyo already knows the PISTONS plays... ( last few games, when Arroyo has his minutes The MAGIC have won, except one who we lost but shouldn't!!! u saw what happened!

I am hating Brian Hill decisions ,right now...

1st Q was bad...

- well he should ve tried Arroyo at some moment!!!

Have u seen this video???

Carlos Arroyo

edit: fixed the post coz of margins

Best defensive PG? Must have been watching a different game! Heart and hustle...wow what adjectives for a gunner. 17 points on 13 shots and one was an uncontested layup with 3 seconds to go. What was he doing in there with Dooling starting the 4th period? JJ played 4 minutes, buried both his jumpers..a 3 and a 2 and sits the rest of the game. Great coaching and rotation. I blame jameer but Bhill even more.

Meer gets pushed around by almost every guard in the league, he is not the Best defensive PG. Dooling is hands down.....

But I was upset with Jameer and the last few plays. YES he did score 7-10 pts in a few minutes. I will give him that all night. I was happy that he finally got some shots in.

BUT, and here is the big BUT, of why I am having problems with him as the PG....He is not the STAR of the team, yet he keeps trying. A great PG will recognize the open guy and pass it to him. Like I have said before, even Michael Jordan had a Steve Kerr or a John Paxson that he would pass the ball to. Not all the time, but when it counted. Having Dwight WIDE open under the basket with your team down by 2 or tied, TWICE and opting to shoot covered is just STUPID....

He did play a good game IN THE LAST 8 Minutes, but it was horrible before that. Except for Grant Hill that looked amazing, and looked like the only one that REALLY REALLY wanted the win, and wants the playoffs....

Now onto the positives.....even though it was a slow start, and we had to play from behind, we hanged with Detroit pretty good in the second half. I think it can be a good series IF we get to the playoffs.

Nelson is a liability..

Nelson is a liabiility...

I must have watched a different game last nite, because as typical Nelson did not play any defense. I think he has an injury to his hands as he cannot lift them half the game, it seems only on offense can he lift his hands. If Billups chose, he could have scored 50 points against nelson.

Where was Redick. 9 minutes and 2 of 2 shooting. God we don't want to play him, he might score in double digits and make Brian Hill look bad.

Fire Nelson and B.Hill!!!

jameer had a pretty decent line last night with points and assist:t.o. ratio...

that being said, he blew it in the first quarter, jumping in the air under the basket multiple times with nowhere to go. i hate it when he does that. and as far as i am concerned, he blew it in the fourth too by missing WIDE OPEN DWIGHT twice. He also got his prayer blocked once again right under the basket. I would have blocked that shot and i am only 6'3". Sheed is a seven footer! starting pgs and team leaders are supposed to be able to score 10-11 straight points for a team if needed. hell ghill did it too, i am not giving nelson kudos for something he is supposed to be in there doing. by the way, seven assists is not that good, just slightly above average...nelson just cant dime.

btw... Dwight blew it too! his offensive ineffeciency is astounding! that WILL get better with time though.

People on this board will think of every way to blame Jameer for a loss. I guess this is easy to do since the ball is in his hands a lot of the time.

- Dooling has been a bust since he got into the league and will be nothing more than a backup for his life. Remember he gets his 20 minutes in against the other teams backups or when the starters are already a little tired. If Chauncey wanted to he could push Doolings skinny *** off the court faster than you can blink an eye.

Hessman22 was that a rhetorical question? Yes, he should be blamed because he does have the ball in hands most of the time. He is failing as a PG and a team player. I am not a big fan of any of the PG's but maybe they just have to be told to pass the ball and get "every team mate involved". Dooling is starting to mirror Nelson and Arroyo.

quote:
Originally posted by oldmagicfan:

Dooling is starting to mirror Nelson and Arroyo.

Hhhhmmmm... if all of our PGs are playing the same way, maybe... just maybe... they are playing that way because that is how the coach is TELLING them and TEACHING them to play.

This may come as a shock to some, but our coaching staff is competence-challenged at the offensive end. And I do mean 'offensive'.

quote:
Originally posted by hessman22:

People on this board will think of every way to blame Jameer for a loss. I guess this is easy to do since the ball is in his hands a lot of the time.

- Dooling has been a bust since he got into the league and will be nothing more than a backup for his life. Remember he gets his 20 minutes in against the other teams backups or when the starters are already a little tired. If Chauncey wanted to he could push Doolings skinny *** off the court faster than you can blink an eye.

Since you are looking at the bottom line only and not the full game here are some numbers.

Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts

J. Nelson 33 6-14 1-3 4-5 1 3 7 1 3 0 4 17

K. Dooling 18 6-12 1-1 4-4 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 17

In the end Nelson had more assists, sure, but the total of numbers is very similar, big difference is the playing time. Then there's the stuff that is not on the stat sheet, defense, deflections, etc.

I am not saying Dooling is the answer, but if your backup outplays, or matches your play, then something is wrong.

I am also not blaming the loss on Nelson entirely. Dwight was bad, Darko was nervous, coach sucks, but they had the chance to in last night and in the end He was the one that made the bad decisions.