Sign in to follow this  
Berto

J.A. Adande Chat 1PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Question, since I didn't watch Kareem Rush in college...

Was his game in college anything like Brandons?

I never know when you are serious or not, so I'll just say not at all.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

I don't know how that question could not be serious. Kareem and Brandon are brothers I don't know much about Kareem other then that he has been a career journeyman. I want to know how highly he was rated coming out of college and did he lose some of his skill in the pros?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Is CDR the kind of guy that can take a broken play and turn it into a shot or free throw attempts?

Since we already have Keith I would think it would be better to pick up another type of player so we have the option of going with a different look.

70% of CDR's offense in college prob came from isolation plays. So, I'm inclined to say yes.

My only real concern about CDR is that he's very unorthodoxed and put up a lot of unorthodoxed looking floaters in the paint. You had to wonder if he'll be as effective getting into the paint and getting those shots up over bigger defenders.

But, I did see Memphis employ some pick and roll plays in the tournament for the first time and CDR was virtually unstoppable.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

I don't know how that question could not be serious. Kareem and Brandon are brothers I don't know much about Kareem other then that he has been a career journeyman. I want to know how highly he was rated coming out of college and did he lose some of his skill in the pros?

I didn't know they were brothers. Question makes a lot more sense now.

Kareem was also a very good shooter, but his game was more like Brandon Roys (in college), and he played virtually zero defense. He was def a highly regarded prospect in college & a very prolific scorer at that level.

I think his lack of D & desire fueled his short comings in the NBA.

I will be pretty surprised if Rush slips past Phoenix at 15. Which is kind of ironic because I see alot of Joe Johnson in Rush at this stage of his career.

CDR had one of the ugliest yet nastiest games in college ball last season. Watching him, my face went from disgust to amazement in seconds. Bottom line, he can create his own shots and the ball goes in at an incredible clip.