Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Why is Dave Twardzik still employed in Orlando?

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

OK you made me do it! Turdzik arrived after destroying golden state's drafting in 2003 and drafted.

2003-reece gaines/zaza (but he left for nothing)

2004-dwight/nelson (although this is a hockey guy pick),varajo

2005-vasquez as a lottery pick....we know the history here.../deinar...but he left

2006-redick...and he isnt even in our top 12 rotation as a lottery pick.

guys you forgot about he drafted....lior eliyahu,

ryan hollins,james augustine, marty andriuskevicius ...some were traded for cash but there were guys who made teams picked after these slugs.

In looking back at our drafts I answered my own question when I looked at our picks from 1997-2003....we had someone worse doing the draft analysis...and thats really hard to believe.

Vasquez and redick have no value the jury is spoken already....vasquez is inexcusable...turdzik should have been fired on the spot!

actually in 2004 we drafted Viktor Sanikidze not nelson, denver drafted him with the 20th pick and we traded a future first round pick for him

Twardzik doesn't make the picks. He has a SAY in who is picked.

Poor drafting and/or player development has been a trademark of this organization since their inception.

The only constant in that whole period of time is some guy named DeVos. Put the ultimate blame where it belongs.

Many say Fran was BHill's pick; many say JJ was a PR pick from the very top.

Twardzik can only make recommendations.

You may be completely correct in assessing Twardzik's skills as an evaluator of talent, but to place the blame on him inherently absolves those on whom the responsibility truly lies.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

but to place the blame on him inherently absolves those on whom the responsibility truly lies.

It's all my fault guys. Sorry to let you down. I'll do better this year, I promise.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

but to place the blame on him inherently absolves those on whom the responsibility truly lies.

It's all my fault guys. Sorry to let you down. I'll do better this year, I promise.

LOL. Thanks, Richie Adubato.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

I told you JJ was going to suck. You refused to listen to me.

quote:
No way Fendi, look at where those other guys were drafted, Fran was a freakin lottery pick. Overseas players drafted in the lottery come over when they are drafted, period. I wouldn't put it all on Twardzik because I think Fran's camp should burn in hell for this whole fiasco but, I do think that there were other options on the board that would have been better choices than a guy putting up avg stats in Euro play.

I'm not saying how good he'll turn out like them [players I mentioned] butyes, he is a lottery so that should be inexcusable but look at Weiss, he was a lottery pick of the Knicks.

Either way, drafting Fran was probably the sensible thing we needed to do during that time. Fran can hit perimeter jumpers and have the length to team up with Dwight to provide decent interior defense.

Sure he has average numbers, but did the players I mentioned do? I think all Fran needs is a decent role in the offense where his coach has the confidence in him. I've posted a link which contains his game log for this season, and under his new coach he has proven that he can put up solid numbers.

All I can say about Fran is do you really think it was wise to invest a lottery pick on a player you never worked out or even spoke to? In this day and age, that just appears absurd at face value.

Better yet, don't you think it might have been telling that the guy refused to conduct workouts or interviews for NBA teams?

I recall this specific question presented to B. Hill & Dave whatever on draft night. They dismissed it as a non issue. So, when it then becomes an issue, unexpected as it might have been, heads should roll imo.

I would be a little more forgiving had they performed due dilligence and then were spurned.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

All I can say about Fran is do you really think it was wise to invest a lottery pick on a player you never worked out or even spoke to? In this day and age, that just appears absurd at face value.

Better yet, don't you think it might have been telling that the guy refused to conduct workouts or interviews for NBA teams?

I recall this specific question presented to B. Hill & Dave whatever on draft night. They dismissed it as a non issue. So, when it then becomes an issue, unexpected as it might have been, heads should roll imo.

I would be a little more forgiving had they performed due dilligence and then were spurned.

Well, he did conduct workout in NY with several scouts of lottery teams present.

If he didn't have any intention of playing in the NBA, why would he undergo such workout?

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Quite honestly he has to be the worst evaluator of talent ever...I wont recite his picks but its safe to say he has been horrific at best in evaluating talent every year since he arrived other than the dwight pick (if it wasnt puck heads pick). I mean really, look at his picks....a monkey could have did better!

He must have naked pictures of Rich DeVos, lol

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Who did he pick? Fran Vazquez? JJ redick? The jury is still out on both.

If you go back to his days at Golden State, he set that franchise back 10 years with his picks, atrocious to say the least.

quote:
If you go back to his days at Golden State, he set that franchise back 10 years with his picks, atrocious to say the least.

Well, did he do it here with Dwight Howard?