Sign in to follow this  
~O~

The Blown Call For Brent Barry Brings Back Memories

Memories of Calderon holding Jameer and Bogan's jerseys at the same time. Memories of Chris Bosh acting like a collapsed building. Memories of Rip Hamilton smacking Jameer on the head while defending him. Memories of Rasheed Wallace's patch.

Truth is, this year's playoffs are fixed and we all know it.

Memories of Calderon holding Jameer and Bogan's jerseys at the same time. Memories of Chris Bosh acting like a collapsed building. Memories of Rip Hamilton smacking Jameer on the head while defending him. Memories of Rasheed Wallace's patch.

Truth is, this year's playoffs are fixed and we all know it.

I think it was a good no call. Barry tried to put the ball on the floor after a pump fake. He only had 2 seconds, where was he going? He would have just dribbled out the clock. Had he went up and initiated the contact it would have been called. I like the call

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

I think it was a good no call. Barry tried to put the ball on the floor after a pump fake. He only had 2 seconds, where was he going? He would have just dribbled out the clock. Had he went up and initiated the contact it would have been called. I like the call

Thing is, Kobe/LeBron would have gotten that call. That's what's so disturbing. If you're not going to give everyone the same treatment, then don't give any kind of special treatment at all.

I thought it was a terrible no call, and Barry should have gone to the line.

Wow year, that is some pretty flawed logic... "If Kobe/LeBron had taken the shot than MAYBE they would have called it, so because it wasn't Kobe/LeBron they should have called it?"

It was a proper judgement call by the refs, where they normally do a horrible job in judgement calls. He pump faked, then went for a dribble, all with 2 seconds on the clock. Reguardless of the bump he wouldnt have gotten a shot off in time, game over. I have bashed the refs more than anyone, but I think they got this call right, he was 5 feet behind the 3 pt line. If I were pulling for the Spurs I would be more pissed at Barry than the refs. If I was a true Spurs fan than I would probably complain about the no call, but from a non bias view... good call

its already ashame that only certain players get those calls. Its also very pitiful that officials go by a logic when to call a foul or not. A FOUL IS A FOUL and that one should have been called no matter what the circumstances.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Wow year, that is some pretty flawed logic... "If Kobe/LeBron had taken the shot than MAYBE they would have called it, so because it wasn't Kobe/LeBron they should have called it?"

It was a proper judgement call by the refs, where they normally do a horrible job in judgement calls. He pump faked, then went for a dribble, all with 2 seconds on the clock. Reguardless of the bump he wouldnt have gotten a shot off in time, game over. I have bashed the refs more than anyone, but I think they got this call right, he was 5 feet behind the 3 pt line. If I were pulling for the Spurs I would be more pissed at Barry than the refs. If I was a true Spurs fan than I would probably complain about the no call, but from a non bias view... good call

Sorry, it's not the proper call. If it's a foul in the first quarter, it should be a foul in the fourth. Call the game the same all the way through.

If Fisher had not left his feet, I say no call. But he bit on Barry's pump fake and then came down on his shoulder and knocked Barry off balance.

I thought it was a foul on floor, the Lakers were in the penalty so Barry gets two free throw's not three. But that call was no worse than some of the no calls on Hedo's last second drives in our series.

The Billups 3 pointer is still the worst call of the playoffs.

How come the calls are to be made based on some subjective criteria?

I keep reading all this arguments about when calls need to be made and when not. They rationalize instead of just calling the fouls whenever they are committed, and that logic only helps to benefit some players and teams more than others.

I also keep reading that this or that team didn't deserve to win... well that's good for a motivational speech in the locker room, to help players become better etc, but is not about coming out and saying a team didn't deserve to win and justifying bad officiating, but about a team winning by themselves after all is said and done. Sometimes teams dominate, sometimes they come back. If they win, they win. I don't think it's proper to claim a team didn't deserve to win and therefore claim a blown call was appropriate or something like that.

I watched the post game interview and both Barry and Popovich said it was a good no call.

Pop's exact quote was

"If I was the ref I wouldn't of made the call"

Barry was 6 ft behind the three point line. Do you really think the ref is gonna bail out the spurs and give them the game? A ref isn't going to make that call.

If you're going to blame someone, blame Barry for trying to dribble around instead of jumping straight into Fisher.