Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

MCR is the worst band eva

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Wanna name anymore popular songs by those bands? How un-punk of you! LOLZ LOLZ.

Rather than exude my musical elitism, when introducing someone to something new, I tend to get them hooked on tracks they may actually have heard before, rather than dish out my list of favorite B-sides.

If you are being introduced to NOFX, I can think of no better album and Punk in Drublic.

I could have gone super commercial with the Iggy tracks, though, in all fairness that song has been pretty mainstream over the past few years, starting with an appearance in soudntracks (one of the Crow soundtracks maybe? I don't recall off the top of my head). Heck, I could have gone with China Girl or Candy and you guys would have thought I was nuts! Lol

quote:

Did you ever listen to "the Decline" by NOFX?

You gotta love a CD with only one track...

It's like a super evolved version of one of my favorite Jane's Addiction songs (Three Days) which isn't quite as long, but if you arent paying attention you would swear its an entirely different song like 5~6 minutes in.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Ween is hit or miss with me. Some of their stuff is good, but some just annoys the heck out of me. Have you heard the "moistboyz" stuff?

Yeah, but really, this is about the only song I really like.

Helena is a song about Gerards Grandmother. She died and influenced them. If u listen to the 3 cheers for sweet revenge Cd you will see its more punk rock then emo. There 2nd and 3rd cds are totally different. They said there 4th album is going to be more like there 2nd one.

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN4EVA1:

Helena is a song about Gerards Grandmother. She died and influenced them. If u listen to the 3 cheers for sweet revenge Cd you will see its more punk rock then emo. There 2nd and 3rd cds are totally different. They said there 4th album is going to be more like there 2nd one.

I don't suppose you have a youtube video where you lip synch their songs? That would be uber-cool.