Sign in to follow this  
MAGICFAN4EVA1

Trading Hedo Could really benefit Orlando. DO IT NOW!

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Hedo did a great job, not just for Orlando but for himself. If any of you think hes just gonna turn down major bucks at free agency time and just leap into our arms, your nuts.

Im for trading him for two reasons.

We cannot afford him when he becomes a free agent, and Im sorry to say this Hedo fans, but right now hes no more than a one year wonder. He had a great year no doubt, but im afraid that this year was a fluke, and he goes back to his other game, which was very average and IMO, not even worthy of what his salary is now.

This is a business, if you want loyalty, buy a dog. The NBA is a business and if we want to be a player for many years, we need to do whats best for this franchise and make the moves needed to be a contender for years to come.

Moving Hedo is one of those moves

how come you have come up with such conclusion?I mean about Hedo won't be the same next year?C'mon the guy has had his best year because he was a starter and because he could not find the chance like that in his former teams.We are talking about a guy who has 20, 6 ,5....Yes NBA is business but mostly it is team sport and we can not be sure about a player's performance for the next season especially if this player has won an MIP award in his eighth year!It means to me that he can get better..For the record, I am not a big Hedo fan but to be honest he was one of the main reasons for this year's achievements....

ok here is what i want to say... before this season we lost battie for injury right... and we ddint have really pf on our team... if he was on team so what will change, i know too many things...

think about this, if u really want hedo trade.. and if lewis injures before season open.. u guys will be the one who cries for hedo.. and it will be too late... i think he was main reason this seasons succes... dwight cant be big factor in 4th quarter he barely makes free trows... and lewis always hide in 4th... if u wathed playoffs he ddint shoot even he was open sometimes... hedo took 4th quarter because he had guts... and he is not perfect... sometimes u all need to be thankfull..

People keep saying that we need to trade Hedo. We really don't need to trade him. We have two needs, Power Forward and Shooting Guard. We have Battie coming back (not saying we ia a saviour or anyhting but he is more than a capable role player) and we have Fran overseas who can join us either next season or the season after that. We have Gortat who looks like he can be a good back-up as well. We have the MLE and there are players who fit needs we have for the 2 spot (Pietrus and Childress). On top of that we have a drafdt pick and assets (JJ Redick, Future Picks, ect.) to trade up to get a potential player. That covers the two spots we need, and we didn't have to trade Hedo to fill them. We don't NEED to trade Hedo, but i'm not against trading him. Something else too, we don't need to start him either. Hedo can come of the bench and play 30-35 minutes a night. Guys, we have the potential to have one of the most flexible line-ups in the leauge. We need not mess with it. My ideal line-up would be something like this.

PG-Jameer/Dooling/Armstrong

SG-Pietrus or Childress/ Rush/Bogans

SF-Rashard/ Turk

PF-Battie/Arthur

C-Dwight/ Gortat

With a line up of Jameer, Pietrus, Hedo, Rashad and Dwight playing major minutes. That line-up without Pietrus took us to the ECF semi-finals. It should win us some games next year.

I would trade any player for the right price, I agree that if we can get our needs filled without trading hedo, he can be a great off the bench guy, for us. but he is not "allstar" material IMO. I would trade D12 for kevin garnett and lebron, so let's be realistic here, Hedo is at top of his market value right now, If we can get top market value for him, then it should be considered, and seriously considered. Again I would trade him for a serious lock down defender like Shane Battier from houston???

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

I would trade any player for the right price, I agree that if we can get our needs filled without trading hedo, he can be a great off the bench guy, for us. but he is not "allstar" material IMO. I would trade D12 for kevin garnett and lebron, so let's be realistic here, Hedo is at top of his market value right now, If we can get top market value for him, then it should be considered, and seriously considered. Again I would trade him for a serious lock down defender like Shane Battier from houston???

I honestly don't know about the Battier trade ... but they way you add "WooHoo!!" to the end of every post makes you seem so excited about it that I'm like "yeah! let's do it!". LOL

yea, that's still left over from when we fired B hill... guess I should change it.

Shane Battier is perfect trade for this team, great role player, and one of the best defenders in the league, also young enough to be around awwhile.

quote:
yea, that's still left over from when we fired B hill... guess I should change it.

Shane Battier is perfect trade for this team, great role player, and one of the best defenders in the league, also young enough to be around awwhile.

If we got Scola also then yes. I think Hedo is slightly more valuable than Battier. I like Darthmagic's idea.

quote:
Jameer played well offensively. He was aggressive with his shot, and broke his man down with ease for simple baskets. Unfortunately, we all know that is what Jameer is capable of, and little else. He is not going to setup the offense. He is not going to provide very much defensive intensity.

Jameer averaged respectable numbers during the postseason. 16ppg, 4.7 ast, and 4reb is very good. However, his counterparts averaged:

Ford - 12pts, 6.6ast, and 4.4reb

Billups/Stuckey - 17.8pts, 4.6ast

This is the problem as I see it. Jameer steps up his game bigtime and still only gives the Magic 16 and 5. Meanwhile, he allows the opposing starting PG to average 14.9pts and 4.5 ast (with far fewer turnovers). And that's without including the contributions of both Calderon and Hunter who Jameer was matched up with quite often.

IMO, Jameer is incapable of leading an offense and at the same time incpabale of disrupting an opposing offense. What Jameer is capable of, is getting his shot off.

He is best suited as a scoring PG coming off the bench. We can all see that. But unfortunately, the magic have cast him in a far different role not suited for his skill set.

Jameer's role with the Magic impacts Hedo's game substantially. Because Jameer isn't suited to facilitate the offense or distribute the ball, Hedo is forced to fill both roles. Hedo is a very versatile player, and is suited for such a role. However, IMO it's one thing to ask Hedo to pick up the slack, and an all together different thing to ask Hedo to be the PG.

During the playoffs, Hedo was asked to be the PG. Jameer dribbled the ball up the court, and either took his man to the basket for a shot opportunity, or handed the ball to Hedo to run the offense. Being asked to run the offense put responsibilities on Hedo's shoulders that he was accustomed to, just not in such large doses, during the playoffs, with bigtime defenders matched up against him.

To be honest, I wasn't displeased with Hedo's production during the playoffs one bit. I was actually surprised that he handled the pressure so well, and nearly single handedly had the team in a position to win games 4 & 5 with his late game heroics that fell just short of miraculous.

Were there times that Hedo could have/should have made better decisions? You bet. But the fact that our PG wasn't given the responsibility to lead the offense, and Hedo was, speaks volumes about Hedo's ability, and the inability of the PG's to fill that role. Just think about how much more effective Hedo could be off the ball, without defenses focusing on him 100% as the facilitator.

So the guy that Jameer has been reminding me of lately has been Derick Fisher. He hits clutch shots and has been a good role player on 3 championship teams. He has never been close to an All Star either. If we could just get the right SG next to Nelson he would be alright. I am not saying he has to be Kobe either lol.

How about this idea!?!?!? And we wouldnt' even have to trade Hedo.

JJ, (Draft who ever miami wants this year and then trade them), and next years 1st for Haslam. Resign Keyon Dooling. Offer MLE to Maghgette and see if he wants to come home (His parents live in Orlando and so does he in the off season). Vets min for J-Williams.

Nelson/Williams

Maggette/Dooling

Lewis/Hedo

UDH/Battie

Dwight/Gotort

Call it a summer.

no way... nbr said it good before. you cant get rid of this core yet. they played too well last season to make a hasty move. if there are problems next year then look into it. but trading him would send a bad message to the players.

He does need to come off the bench. 6th man. he can play the 2,3,4 in different situations. Lewis HAS to start at the 3 next year. no more of this Lewis PF.

Thats the thing floridanajones, his versatility and the vast amount of roles he can facilitate has me pushing for him to remain. I just don't think you trade players like this. I'd like to see us use other tools to facilitate the needs of our roster. I still think we can find the quality we need to go with our core.