Sign in to follow this  
TheGodfather

We are one FA away from contending...

...in the Eastern Conference.

In your opinion, which one is it? and Why?

Is it:

C. Billups? - A great PG who wants to test the market. One thing about a player who has already been saturated with success on a successful team; they want to prove that it wasnt just the team, but them, who made a difference. Billups moving to a young team and instantly moving them to the favorites in the Eastern Conference would say a lot about this man's career. He would have the chance to create for Dwight Howard, Darko Milicic, Trevor Ariza, JJ Redick and (hopefully) Grant Hill. He has championships, what he wants now is validation. Pushing the Magic over the top might just put HIM over the top in the Hall of Fame voting.

Rashard Lewish? - This guy gives you a 20/10 games every night. But the beautiful thing is, his game does not interfere with Howards'. Normally I wold not want a guy to come in hindering Howards game. But this guy is the exeption to the rule. He is a Foward that plays outside in. A FrontCourt of Howard at center/Milicic at PF/ and Lewis at SF would be arguable the most formidable in the NBA. Lewis is a blend of Howard's power and Milicic's finese and outside game. No doubt an amazing addition to our team.

and my favorite for our FA aquisition:

Gerald Walace?- This man has unlimited energy. He is a star on the rise. He was picked up in the expansion draft by the Bobcats from the Kings(which are kicking themselves in the butt right now). This man scores 18 a game. But thats not why he is so coveted. His defense is the kind GMs sell their souls to Satan for. Could you imagine the Magic going small? Let me lay it out for you. Lets say its 24 seconds to go and the Magic are up by 2. Not to worry. We put in Dooling at PG/Trevor at SG/Howard at C/Milicic at PF/ and.....Walace at SF. What team could score? Walace has the offensive AND defensive tools to make the Magic legit contenders.

That is my assesment. I would love to hear your take. Do you agree with me? Who do you think would put the Magic over the top? Someone thats not on my list? Why?

Talk to me.

GO MAGIC

TheGodfather

Is it:

C. Billups? - A great PG who wants to test the market. One thing about a player who has already been saturated with success on a successful team; they want to prove that it wasnt just the team, but them, who made a difference. Billups moving to a young team and instantly moving them to the favorites in the Eastern Conference would say a lot about this man's career. He would have the chance to create for Dwight Howard, Darko Milicic, Trevor Ariza, JJ Redick and (hopefully) Grant Hill. He has championships, what he wants now is validation. Pushing the Magic over the top might just put HIM over the top in the Hall of Fame voting.

Rashard Lewish? - This guy gives you a 20/10 games every night. But the beautiful thing is, his game does not interfere with Howards'. Normally I wold not want a guy to come in hindering Howards game. But this guy is the exeption to the rule. He is a Foward that plays outside in. A FrontCourt of Howard at center/Milicic at PF/ and Lewis at SF would be arguable the most formidable in the NBA. Lewis is a blend of Howard's power and Milicic's finese and outside game. No doubt an amazing addition to our team.

Gerald Walace?- This man has unlimited energy. He is a star on the rise. He was picked up in the expansion draft by the Bobcats from the Kings(which are kicking themselves in the butt right now). This man scores 18 a game. But thats not why he is so coveted. His defense is the kind GMs sell their souls to Satan for. Could you imagine the Magic going small? Let me lay it out for you. Lets say its 24 seconds to go and the Magic are up by 2. Not to worry. We put in Dooling at PG/Trevor at SG/Howard at C/Milicic at PF/ and.....Walace at SF. What team could score? Walace has the offensive AND defensive tools to make the Magic legit contenders.

That is my assesment. I would love to hear your take. Do you agree with me? Who do you think would put the Magic over the top? Someone thats not on my list? Why?

Talk to me.

GO MAGIC

TheGodfather

Welcome back Godfather. Don't stay gone so long next time.

Vince Carter is a done deal. There's nobody better for what we need.

How does the 44points, 16 rebounds and 11 assists on top of the 4 blocks he had the other night in a game sound to Magic fans? I didn't think there'd be any opposition.

The man lives here and wants to be here. A little birdie told(source)me it's just a matter of time. You guys go right ahead trying to figure out who you want but Vince is a done deal.

Just for the record, Lewis plays no defense, Billups ain't going nowhere and Gerald Wallace is the generic form of Vince. Not as good as the original.

quote:
Originally posted by TheGodfather:

Is it:

Talk to me.

GO MAGIC

TheGodfather

Well I think the obvious pick is Chauncey Billups (I am biased but still objectively he is). He would give the team a Top 5 PG, and solid Leadership, and clutch play. A guy who has been in many Playoff battles.

My second choice would be Gerald Wallace believe it or not. He is a very good defender, can score as well. The Magic need more defenders, and he is a good one. If the Magic want to be a running team he would be a even better fit.

Then I would go with Rashard Lewis, he doesn't do much other than score but he's more of a team player than Vince, and all though he's not a very good defender he is better than Vince in that area.

Vince is an overrated player IMO, and all though he would certainly help the team, he would not make them drastically better, better yes, alot better no. He plays zero defense, takes alot of bad shots, and disapears down the stretch of close games.

Personally out of those four, I think only Chauncey would make the Magic a TRUE contender in the East. The other three would make them a contender in terms of getting a high seed in the Playoffs (3 thru 5), but only Chauncey would make them Finals contenders in the PLAYOFFS. The others would make you better in the regular season, but in the Playoffs it's Chauncey >> the other three.

But Chauncey is staying here in the D.