Sign in to follow this  
NameLess Scrub

I watched my 1st game of the season! The board has been right...

This is from a fan that watched his first game of the season yesterday.

Yes, it's true, my first game of the season.

This team is unbelievable.

1) The way they threw away the 15 pt lead was just painful. They couldn't hit shots or FTs for a big stretch. In that, the board is right.

2) They miss way too many FTs. The board was right again. It's not just Dwight. It's just painful and they can't win a playoff series by doing that, including missing critical, clutch FTs like Jameer at the end.

3) They allow way too many offensive rebounds. A game in which a team has usually 1 chance and the other has 2 or 3 chances is hard to win by definition. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 Magic players around while a Piston comes and takes the rebound.

4) The Pistons play physical and the whistles are not blown, so the Magic get frustrated. The team needs more patience in these cases and maybe find a way to play through but at some points it becomes evident that the Pistons are allowed to play hard and keep putting their arms through Howards lol... without being called anything.

5) Billups is out. Their best player, the worst mismatch. Magic, did you notice?

6) Dyess grabbed a rebound which could have been a travel because he took like 3 steps after holding the ball. However, why does he have to grab an offensive rebound, with 1 hand, between 2 Magic players?

7) We need patience. I understand Dooling was frustrated, but swinging to a player when the ball is dead is almost a sure technical. It was just better to stay put if he wanted to win the game.

8) I may be biased, but didn't Dyess try to put D12 on a crippler crossface (wrestling hold) lol? Why was it a double foul or something like that?

Somebody answer this to me. I've alway thought it is against the rules to use an arm to pull away defenders while dribbling. Did somebody see the same thing as me, as in Prince and Rip using it too much??

I don't think this team is ready to get further. They just lost a home game vs the Pistons with no Billups and by throwing away the game. Billups could get ready and the opportunity will be lost, and if he doesn't, we are in a 3-1 hole anyway going to Michigan.

Winning 3 straight games, with 2 in DET will be very hard, Billups or not, considering the way this game slipped from the Magic fans. I will still love it if they could pull a series win, but something big needs to happen.

As how things look now, the Magic organization can be glad they came this far, be positive about the future, and have a clear view of the adjustments that need to made in order to take the team to the next level.

PD I'm glad 4th quarter Hedo came back.

This is from a fan that watched his first game of the season yesterday.

Yes, it's true, my first game of the season.

This team is unbelievable.

1) The way they threw away the 15 pt lead was just painful. They couldn't hit shots or FTs for a big stretch. In that, the board is right.

2) They miss way too many FTs. The board was right again. It's not just Dwight. It's just painful and they can't win a playoff series by doing that, including missing critical, clutch FTs like Jameer at the end.

3) They allow way too many offensive rebounds. A game in which a team has usually 1 chance and the other has 2 or 3 chances is hard to win by definition. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 Magic players around while a Piston comes and takes the rebound.

4) The Pistons play physical and the whistles are not blown, so the Magic get frustrated. The team needs more patience in these cases and maybe find a way to play through but at some points it becomes evident that the Pistons are allowed to play hard and keep putting their arms through Howards lol... without being called anything.

5) Billups is out. Their best player, the worst mismatch. Magic, did you notice?

6) Dyess grabbed a rebound which could have been a travel because he took like 3 steps after holding the ball. However, why does he have to grab an offensive rebound, with 1 hand, between 2 Magic players?

7) We need patience. I understand Dooling was frustrated, but swinging to a player when the ball is dead is almost a sure technical. It was just better to stay put if he wanted to win the game.

8) I may be biased, but didn't Dyess try to put D12 on a crippler crossface (wrestling hold) lol? Why was it a double foul or something like that?

Somebody answer this to me. I've alway thought it is against the rules to use an arm to pull away defenders while dribbling. Did somebody see the same thing as me, as in Prince and Rip using it too much??

I don't think this team is ready to get further. They just lost a home game vs the Pistons with no Billups and by throwing away the game. Billups could get ready and the opportunity will be lost, and if he doesn't, we are in a 3-1 hole anyway going to Michigan.

Winning 3 straight games, with 2 in DET will be very hard, Billups or not, considering the way this game slipped from the Magic fans. I will still love it if they could pull a series win, but something big needs to happen.

As how things look now, the Magic organization can be glad they came this far, be positive about the future, and have a clear view of the adjustments that need to made in order to take the team to the next level.

PD I'm glad 4th quarter Hedo came back.

quote:
Originally posted by Need4Sheed:

On the offensive rebound at the end of the game, McDyess took one full step after gaining full possession of the basketball. Not a travel.

Okay, when you guys win the series, please stop posting here.

Call me crazy - but I still feel like we can win this series..

Each game we've lost, we've basically beaten ourselves. Not a good recipe for postseason success - but it feels a lot different from last year.

All we have to do is win the next game and we're right back in the series.

I really feel like we'll come out firing in game 5.

I STILL BELIEVE!

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:

On the offensive rebound at the end of the game, McDyess took one full step after gaining full possession of the basketball. Not a travel.

Okay, when you guys win the series, please stop posting here.

The ones that are still posting on the board have been well behaved, we've removed any trouble makers that were here. We have a number of people posting here from last year that are good contributers to the board.

Now with regard to the Detroit fans that showed up at the past 2 games and tried to start trouble, I live for the day when we finally do take them out in the playoffs. I only hope that when the day comes that we do go deep in the playoffs we do have to play them in a series. When that beautiful day comes I will have stored up years of irritation and with God as my witness I promise that I will be the biggest a-hole the world has ever seen.

Freex, good post!

I didn't get to watch the game since I was at work yesterday, but it sounds like you picked a pretty good game to watch as your first game of the season.

Some of the things that the Magic have to work on are the same things they needed to work on last season too. Free-throw shooting and turnovers, these didn't seem as bad as last season but they still need to be worked on in the off season. The playoffs are different than the regular season and the Magic need to pick it up a bit. The more experience in the playoffs are only going to help this young team.

I still think that Otis should have kept Darko along with picking up Lewis. Except for his injuries this season Darko played pretty good, if he had been able to play along with Dwight and Lewis with SVG coaching him. Oh well water under the bridge.

quote:

If this is true, then more to add to the point. He had no business taking that rebound between 2 Magic players.

It's a matter of being out hustled sometimes. I recognize the Magic is not a strong, physical, but some of these plays are more about hustle than anything IMO.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Robert, I wish I "picked up" this game lol... It's just the 1st game I've been able to watch.

IMO, the Magic can still win this series only if they reduce miss FTs, TOs and poor thought plays enough and if Chauncey stays unhealthy. Down 3-1 vs the Pistons is very bad, especially for the Magic.

The Magic also need to be more aggressive. I soo loved Rashard's drive and dunk in the 1st quarter. Why couldn't he do more of that! That's exactly one of the plays the Magic need to help disturb the Pistons defense.

Can we sign Wade for a 10 day??? lol j/k

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

Robert, I wish I "picked up" this game lol... It's just the 1st game I've been able to watch.

I had figured that's what you meant, that it was only the first game this season you were able to watch. But I don't think you could have picked a better one to watch, just wish I had been able to watch it yesterday.

Bottom line..... This series is over. We had more than enough opportunities to win this game. We didn't earn it.

We have an 11 point lead at halftime and we resort to chucking up 11 unwarrented 3 point shots rather taking the ball strong to the hoop. This team truly disappoints me with their lack of toughness.

11 of 17 from the free-throw line.... And Dwight hit both of his. Speaking of Dwight...... Where the hell was he at all game long. He definately didn't work very hard.

All in all.... It was a tough loss that shouldn't have happened. I'm not going to blame the refs on this one. We lost it all by ourselves. The players have to be held accountable. I'm tired of listening to people blame the refs or the coach everytime our PLAYERS underachieve and execute poorly.