Sign in to follow this  
Kramer

The table has been turned

In the season of 2003, we got a 3 games to 1 lead against the Pistons. We all know what happened, the Pistons came back and won in 7. Now the question I pose to the readers on this board is do you feel that the Magic have any shot at all of coming back? The way I see it is that if we win game 5, we will force it to 7 games but probably lose in Detroit. How do you all feel?

In the season of 2003, we got a 3 games to 1 lead against the Pistons. We all know what happened, the Pistons came back and won in 7. Now the question I pose to the readers on this board is do you feel that the Magic have any shot at all of coming back? The way I see it is that if we win game 5, we will force it to 7 games but probably lose in Detroit. How do you all feel?

We will win in 7...

Yeah, we lost, its 3-1, and everyone is frustrated cause we lost and detroit is without billups.

I believe we will come back, there is no tomorrow in game 5, so all magic will be serious. We were leading by 15, and i remember we tried 2-3 pt shot, and missed it, we did not control the game, then pistons came back. This was the turning point of the game. Stan did not take any time out till they came 7 point..

I still believe!

Btw, refrees really sucks!

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Evil:

I disagree. icon_smile.gif

They dont really believe what they are saying. Just being good Magic fans. The Pistons are a horrendous team to watch but they have that mental toughness that we just dont have yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Evil:

I disagree. icon_smile.gif

They dont really believe what they are saying. Just being good Magic fans. The Pistons are a horrendous team to watch but they have that mental toughness that we just dont have yet.

Why would I lie?

It ain't over till it's over, but that was easily the most unique series I've ever seen in terms of a team (Detroit) changing their identity so dramatically during a playoff series. On top of that, you had a questionable coach, and fragile superstar on the Magic sideline.

Prince and Okur had barely played all year for Detroit and became intrigal to their success in those final 3 games. Price became the T-Mac stopper and his substitution for Corliss not only changed that series, but basically shaped the Piston future.

quote:

The Pistons are a horrendous team to watch but they have that mental toughness that we just dont have yet.

This isn't the 2004 Pistons. The Pistons are actually not bad to watch. Compared to Phoenix or Golden State? Maybe so. But, the Pistons play a pretty good brand of basketball now. Have you been watching the Cleveland series? And, they have one of the "most exciting" players in the league to watch. Now that's hard to watch. Pistons still play deliberately and do slow the game down a little more than the average NBA team. But, they aren't horrendous to watch.

quote:
Originally posted by Need4Sheed:

quote:

The Pistons are a horrendous team to watch but they have that mental toughness that we just dont have yet.

This isn't the 2004 Pistons. The Pistons are actually not bad to watch. Compared to Phoenix or Golden State? Maybe so. But, the Pistons play a pretty good brand of basketball now. Have you been watching the Cleveland series? And, they have one of the "most exciting" players in the league to watch. Now that's hard to watch. Pistons still play deliberately and do slow the game down a little more than the average NBA team. But, they aren't horrendous to watch.

With the kind of thuggish play you get away with, not to mention that your fans are inappropriate and rude (even when NOT provoked), yes, you are a horrendous team to watch.

I hate to say it, but we're done. This series is over, however I predict a Game 5 win because the Pistons will come in thinking it's over and the Magic will scare them, but they will come back to Orlando and finish the job. I really hate this, but it's just showing that we aren't ready for the real title contenders yet. We need a PF, I've been saying that all long and that that weakness would be exposed in the playoffs, and it has. Atleast in this series. Hopefully Otis doesn't sit on his hands like he did at the deadline and tries to get something done to get this team closer to a title.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I hate to say it, but we're done. This series is over, however I predict a Game 5 win because the Pistons will come in thinking it's over and the Magic will scare them, but they will come back to Orlando and finish the job. I really hate this, but it's just showing that we aren't ready for the real title contenders yet. We need a PF, I've been saying that all long and that that weakness would be exposed in the playoffs, and it has. Atleast in this series. Hopefully Otis doesn't sit on his hands like he did at the deadline and tries to get something done to get this team closer to a title.

SVG needs to play Howard and Foyle together! He should have been trying that since Game 1!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Need4Sheed:

quote:

With the kind of thuggish play you get away with, not to mention that your fans are inappropriate and rude (even when NOT provoked), yes, you are a horrendous team to watch.

Your fans are the ones with the Rasheed signs and the Detroit Sucks chants. And if you watched Detroit enough we get lowballed by the officials more than any team in the league so the fact you'd say we get away with everything is ridiculous. Just for fun you should look up which team has taken more freethrows this series icon_smile.gif