Sign in to follow this  
Gruden

Gotta pay the consequences

of bringing Dooling instead of Arroyo when Jameer fouled out. You need a play maker who can control the tempo of the game.

Turkoglu was way out of control and he's too prone to do that.

Not that Arroyo is the hero, but he's been a key piece in the puzzle that brought the Magic here. It's just stupid not to give him regular minutes. I think he did a good job yesterday, and he should have substituted Jameer at the end.

Dumby didn't and there was no control on the offensive, with Turkoglu against the world throwing bricks to the glass.

Just play the way you played the regular season.

of bringing Dooling instead of Arroyo when Jameer fouled out. You need a play maker who can control the tempo of the game.

Turkoglu was way out of control and he's too prone to do that.

Not that Arroyo is the hero, but he's been a key piece in the puzzle that brought the Magic here. It's just stupid not to give him regular minutes. I think he did a good job yesterday, and he should have substituted Jameer at the end.

Dumby didn't and there was no control on the offensive, with Turkoglu against the world throwing bricks to the glass.

Just play the way you played the regular season.

I disagree, Dooling plays a more up tempo game that can disrupt the pistons normal rhythm and give the magic some energy that they are severely lacking, while arroyo kind of plays to the pistons pace (lets not forget he is a former piston). Arroyo is good, but Dooling is better suited or this matchup, and he plays insanely better butt rapin defense. Its almost like putting in Jacque Vaughn instead when you have Darrell Armstrong sitting there on the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by PistonFan999:

Arroyo was a key player during the 05 run for us. Responsible for helping us win a crucial game during the 2nd round Indiana series.

Exactly why arroyo will play piston styled pace that will not help the magic beat them...

i don't care too much who's holding the rock. i want a fast pace, low turnover game. whoever can facilitate that, put 'em in. we're going up against a team that's bigger, stronger, SLOWER than we are. so exploit their weaknesses instead of going against their strengths. it's like the revolutionary war lining up against the brits instead of....well you get the idea i hope

quote:
Turkoglu against the world throwing bricks to the glass.

ohhhh, you are sooooo right, sir...!

ahh a little of non-sense here but im going to give my view on what gruden said:

arroyo=better offensive flow

dooling=better defense<

arroyo = poor defense

dooling=attacks rim

we can all here give our personal opinion,im an arroyo fan,but i say things like they are,the reason i though van gundy made a dumb move on that one is because dooling never got to an offensive flow to that game,arroyo had played more minutes than him,thats why i think no such a good move by the coach,so not because one is better than the other one but because dooling never got to the flow he didnt even make one basket .thats why i though bad move by coach.

Gruden, shouldn't you be in Tampa continuing to run my Bucs straight into the ground?

What do you think of Arroyo trying out for the Bucs as a QB? Could always use another one.....

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Gruden, shouldn't you be in Tampa continuing to run my Bucs straight into the ground?

What do you think of Arroyo trying out for the Bucs as a QB? Could always use another one.....

getting a little off-topic here but i'd say 3 division titles in 6 years isn't half bad....

like it or not... gotta pay the consequences.

i dont have fault that NONE of you know about basketball.

doolings defense my ***..

orlando paid the consequences of not playing arroyo. the result was disorganized offensive.

and my opinion is that arroyo is smarter defender than dooling. dooling may be quicker, but carlos is smarter and BY FAR better matchup with billups.

the thing is that carlos is not allowed to make mistakes or miss shots.

so everybody can kiss my pororican **** as s