Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

After review, NBA states Billups 3 should not have counted! ESPN

Even though i am a piston fan. I think the ref should be suspended. there is no excuse for that I would be pissed off if that went against us. My buddies and i were talking about how the magic got jobbed in that game. Same thing used to happened to us when we faced mj in his great years. I have always thought somthing was not right with the nba for years and i stand by that.I feel sorry for the what ever team comes out of this series if they face labron. You know the nba wants kobie and james in the finals.

Not the first time this season Chauncey hit a big three against us that shouldn't have counted. 4 steps!!!

Either way - props to Pistons fans who acknowledge the screwjob-ness of it. Not here to whine about it - we had our opportunities.

If I were Coach Stan the Man I would be advising my players to bich and moan as much a humanly possible...why not? This is exactly what the Pistons do after every single call and it obviously works. It looks like to me that the refs are affraid of upsetting the tyranical Rasheed, or the most underated cry baby in the leage Mr. "Rip City" Hamilton.

Watching the end of the third quarter lastnight I just knew, 100% sure that somehow that call was going to go against the Magic. Its complete BS. How many times have you seen the clock stop and the refs simply...blow the whislte, reset the clock, and start over. However this isn't an option when you know if you over turn that play you will have to fire off a few technicals fouls, eject some key players on the Pistons, then be bombarded with BS from the Detroit loving media. So instead they just screw the Magic and everyone is happy.

Seriously, EVERY SINGLE PERSON WATCHING THAT GAME KNEW THEY WERE NOT GOING TO TAKE THAT SHOT AWAY FROM THE PISTONS regardless of how obvious it. Why not estimate....5.2 seconds?

Not the topic here, but the foul call on Dooling at then end sounds bad too. In any game, especially in the playoffs, I think the refs should look and see if it's just an accident or something and continue playing if it was. It was dead ball, nobody got injured, if it was accident, don't call a foul. It just looks like they are looking for excuses to favor the other team, even if that was not the intention.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

If I were Coach Stan the Man I would be advising my players to bich and moan as much a humanly possible...why not? This is exactly what the Pistons do after every single call and it obviously works. It looks like to me that the refs are afraid of upsetting the tyranical Rasheed, or the most underrated cry baby in the league Mr. "Rip City" Hamilton.

Watching the end of the third quarter last night I just knew, 100% sure that somehow that call was going to go against the Magic. Its complete BS. How many times have you seen the clock stop and the refs simply... blow the whistle, reset the clock, and start over. However this isn't an option when you know if you over turn that play you will have to fire off a few technicals fouls, eject some key players on the Pistons, then be bombarded with BS from the Detroit loving media. So instead they just screw the Magic and everyone is happy.

Seriously, EVERY SINGLE PERSON WATCHING THAT GAME KNEW THEY WERE NOT GOING TO TAKE THAT SHOT AWAY FROM THE PISTONS regardless of how obvious it. Why not estimate....5.2 seconds?

Amen!

This is the only post people need to read in this thread, no offense.

The play shouldn't of been reviewed AT ALL. That's the point! No matter if Billups made or missed that shot, the proper call and the OBVIOUS call was to reset the clock to 5.1 seconds and let Detroit bring the ball out of bounds full court again.

That's it! That's all! End of story.

OK, we need to stop worrying about that shot. The game will not be given back to us. when the playoffs are over, no one is going to say

"poor Orlando Magic, you deserve a second chance." YES it does suck, and YES im tired of Detroit fans' pointless opinions because they are 100% BIASED but we have an oppourtunity to come back and win games 3 and 4 and since those games are here I hope the magic have focused more on our dissapointment in the turnovers and THAT GOD AWFUL THREE BY TURK than the issues about that stupid clock. Detroit is now vulnerable because game 2 shocked them because they played a good game and still had to get BAILED OUT at the end,but instead of focusing on a 7-2 foul ratio in Detroits favor in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game HEEEEEEEEEY...lets just look forward

You know what you guys make a really good point. And If this looks like i dont respect the play of the pistons thats not it, I just dont respect Detroit's arrogant fans. But however, Rasheed wallace and his masked buddies actually DOOOOOOOOO whine alot after calls made against them. Look at the rediculous amount of technical fouls Wallace has collected in his tenyard.They want respect from Orlando because they have won so many games against us but how can you respect a team that cries after every call but when one is clearly in their favor Not one person in that organization can say...ok, it was a bad call. ALTHOUGH we should still let it go because the magic had a chance afterwards