Sign in to follow this  
Big L

Detroit is not that good, but they are good at what they do.

Individually the players that make up the Detroit Pistons are not the most impressive of fearsome group. However, it's a team sport. They always play within their system and much like the Spurs they embrace the team concept. Each player has a good understanding of what is needed and plays within their given role. So, why are we changing what we do?

We have not played the way we played to get those 52 wins. We are forcing the issue too much. I love Dwight, but he is not ready to offensively carry us. How many turnovers did we have in the first quarter alone trying to force the ball inside to Dwight? At one point three straight turnovers because of bad, forced passes to Dwight. Plus we are not an aggressive, trash talking team. That's just not us. What we need is a steady diet of even distribution. Dwight, Lewis, Turk and Meer need to take just about the same number of shots. We need to pass the ball to the open man and stop forcing the issue. Why are we forcing the ball to Dwight when he is being doubled and a third defender in the area for help defense? Why? The reason we beat the Raptors was because we moved the ball to the open man. We didn't force anything.

The third quarter of game two was our best. How did we do that? We moved the ball and got into our sets quicker. We can do that all day, so why aren't we.

Individually the players that make up the Detroit Pistons are not the most impressive of fearsome group. However, it's a team sport. They always play within their system and much like the Spurs they embrace the team concept. Each player has a good understanding of what is needed and plays within their given role. So, why are we changing what we do?

We have not played the way we played to get those 52 wins. We are forcing the issue too much. I love Dwight, but he is not ready to offensively carry us. How many turnovers did we have in the first quarter alone trying to force the ball inside to Dwight? At one point three straight turnovers because of bad, forced passes to Dwight. Plus we are not an aggressive, trash talking team. That's just not us. What we need is a steady diet of even distribution. Dwight, Lewis, Turk and Meer need to take just about the same number of shots. We need to pass the ball to the open man and stop forcing the issue. Why are we forcing the ball to Dwight when he is being doubled and a third defender in the area for help defense? Why? The reason we beat the Raptors was because we moved the ball to the open man. We didn't force anything.

The third quarter of game two was our best. How did we do that? We moved the ball and got into our sets quicker. We can do that all day, so why aren't we.

Hey i like you guys i am just having fun i am not trash talking your city or anything. I have a lot of respect for you guys. You guys really came to play on tues. I will be down in orlando this summer great city.

quote:
Originally posted by lujack24:

Hey i like you guys i am just having fun i am not trash talking your city or anything. I have a lot of respect for you guys. You guys really came to play on tues. I will be down in orlando this summer great city.

Which is it, you respect us, or you think we're a team that has never won anything and who's fans are always "chirping?"

Make up your mind...you can't have it both ways.

Just for the record, do any Magic fans go to Raptors or Pistons forums? I don't.

It sure is annoying as hell though.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Just for the record, do any Magic fans go to Raptors or Pistons forums? I don't.

It sure is annoying as hell though.

I spend WAY too much time as it is on my own team's forums. I can't imagine visiting another team's site just to talk smack.

Anyway, we are down 0-2, but is not as bad as it seems. They won the two at home, that's what they were supposed to do. However, our guys should have gained some confidence in game 2. As long as we play our game and not try to outplay the Pistons at their game we should be ok. We have to force our will and not play into their comfort zone. We need to speed the game up. Agaisnt the Raptors, Howard used his size. Now agaisnt the Pistons he needs to utilize his speed and athleticism, because they can match up size.

Detroit is that good, they are not unbeatable but then what team is? In order to beat the really good teams, like Detroit for instance you have to play your best game possible every game out.

Someday, when this team has been together and can think 2 steps ahead of their opponent and has a complete roster teams will have to play that well to beat us. We aren't there yet so we need to come out give our best if we are going to have a shot in this series.