Sign in to follow this  
MAGICFAN4EVA1

Magic getting younger in talent with long contract while teams like Detroit get OLDER

Detroit is getting old. They have had the same team for like 5 straight years. Mcdyess is in his 12th year. Ratliff is old, Rasheed is getting old, Detroit fans are so arrogant to admit it and calling them veterans. At least San Antonio admits there team is old. ESPN has been saying Orlando has the brightest future in the NBA. Detroit is going to get older and older and if they continue to get to the nba finals and playoffs they wont get a good draft pick. The detroit pistons could be like the 2006 Miami heat. They win the nba finals and then slowly decline. Miami had an old team when they won the title and they only won 16 games with yea. Look at comparison from when detroit won the title to now. Every year they are declining in NBA record and on how far they go in the NBA playoffs. Just like Boston. Boston made the trade of young guys for Kevin Garnett to win a title immediately. Whats going to happen to them in 2-3 years. Garnett is old, Allen will retire soon, and pierce is not the same player. there going to have trouble to if they keep reaching playoffs and never get a good draft. Magic have nelson, howard, and lewis for 6 years while other teams are getting old. This is a good thing for Orlando and bad for other eastern teams.

Detroit is getting old. They have had the same team for like 5 straight years. Mcdyess is in his 12th year. Ratliff is old, Rasheed is getting old, Detroit fans are so arrogant to admit it and calling them veterans. At least San Antonio admits there team is old. ESPN has been saying Orlando has the brightest future in the NBA. Detroit is going to get older and older and if they continue to get to the nba finals and playoffs they wont get a good draft pick. The detroit pistons could be like the 2006 Miami heat. They win the nba finals and then slowly decline. Miami had an old team when they won the title and they only won 16 games with yea. Look at comparison from when detroit won the title to now. Every year they are declining in NBA record and on how far they go in the NBA playoffs. Just like Boston. Boston made the trade of young guys for Kevin Garnett to win a title immediately. Whats going to happen to them in 2-3 years. Garnett is old, Allen will retire soon, and pierce is not the same player. there going to have trouble to if they keep reaching playoffs and never get a good draft. Magic have nelson, howard, and lewis for 6 years while other teams are getting old. This is a good thing for Orlando and bad for other eastern teams.

They might be old, but, despite record, they are probably still argueably the best team in basketball right now. Them and the Spurs.

Funny how 2 of the oldest teams are also the 2 best teams......

We might have a bright future, but Detroit is NOW.

Wow... spoken like a guy who hasn't watched a Pistons game all year (except maybe when they played your Magic).

Yes, the Pistons starting 5 (with McDyess, not Maxiell) are getting on in years... but some of them (Tay, Rip) are still in their 20's.

But what you evidently haven't noticed is that the very capable bench which Detroit has been developing all year is very young... Maxiell, Stuckey, Afflalo, Amir Johnson, all of these guys are rookies or just beyond. Also in the wings is Samb... these guys are the future of the Pistons lineup when the current starters have retired.

So anyway, while your Magic improve a bit with age, so will our Pistons bench... they'll be ready and waiting too...

quote:
Originally posted by He's an ANGRY little elf...:

Wow... spoken like a guy who hasn't watched a Pistons game all year (except maybe when they played your Magic).

Yes, the Pistons starting 5 (with McDyess, not Maxiell) are getting on in years... but some of them (Tay, Rip) are still in their 20's.

But what you evidently haven't noticed is that the very capable bench which Detroit has been developing all year is very young... Maxiell, Stuckey, Afflalo, Amir Johnson, all of these guys are rookies or just beyond. Also in the wings is Samb... these guys are the future of the Pistons lineup when the current starters have retired.

So anyway, while your Magic improve a bit with age, so will our Pistons bench... they'll be ready and waiting too...

Take it from someone who HAS been watching the Pistons quite a bit this season. You have a stellar, stellar bench. Easily the best in the East. But remember that they are just that, bench players. Don't go making them out to be a rotation capable of keeping you in the ECF each year after Billups and Sheed, etc. are gone.

Well, I'm back again this year. I must be getting old along with my pistons. I had to chime in, as this is one of the most uninformed posts I have ever seen. Last year, I stated that the O-Mag's had a bright future, and I still believe this to be true, although it may not be with a lot of the current players on their roster.

Secondly, of course the Pistons are getting older and older. We hear the same old stuff each year, but look where we are. Same as every year. If we continue to win and get to the finals and playoffs, we won't get good draft picks? Wow, that's pretty prophetic. Hmmm seems we had a decent pick this past draft and used it on a great young guard for the future. Where did we get that from? I think Joe D. knows what he's doing. Where do you think a lot of our draft picks were drafted? Certainly weren't lottery picks. Every year we are declining and in how far we go in the playoffs? Wow, you're really not paying attention. How many straight trips to the ECF's? I don't see this organization going the way of Miami. Way too much up and coming talent waiting in the wings.

I guess my question to you is why is this age thing brought up year after year after year, yet Detroit remains on top, while you strive to be us? I've got your answer - management. Thank you, Joe Dumars!

quote:
Originally posted by acslatz:

Well, I'm back again this year. I must be getting old along with my pistons. I had to chime in, as this is one of the most uninformed posts I have ever seen. Last year, I stated that the O-Mag's had a bright future, and I still believe this to be true, although it may not be with a lot of the current players on their roster.

Secondly, of course the Pistons are getting older and older. We hear the same old stuff each year, but look where we are. Same as every year. If we continue to win and get to the finals and playoffs, we won't get good draft picks? Wow, that's pretty prophetic. Hmmm seems we had a decent pick this past draft and used it on a great young guard for the future. Where did we get that from? I think Joe D. knows what he's doing. Where do you think a lot of our draft picks were drafted? Certainly weren't lottery picks. Every year we are declining and in how far we go in the playoffs? Wow, you're really not paying attention. How many straight trips to the ECF's? I don't see this organization going the way of Miami. Way too much up and coming talent waiting in the wings.

I guess my question to you is why is this age thing brought up year after year after year, yet Detroit remains on top, while you strive to be us? I've got your answer - management. Thank you, Joe Dumars!

Dumars has done a great job with that team and you do have young talent there but there is a huge difference between Sheed and Maxiell, between Stuckey and Billups, between Rip and Affalo. Those 3 guys are special players and are the reason your team has had such a long period of success. I'm sure you have quite a few more years of success with those guys but take it from someone that has watched his franchise try to replace special players for basically their entire existance, those guys don't come around very often.

Jason Maxell

Amir Johnson

Rodney Stuckey

Jarvis Hayes

Aaron Affalo

Are Old?

i know your makin up things to help

you sleep better at night but come'n be realistic!you sound so desperate!

You guys think howard is actually going to stay in orlando. sorry but he is going on to greener pastures. just like ljames will. The lakers celtics knicks pistons are going to scoop him up. He wants to win a title which he can not do in orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by Char Renee:

Jason Maxell

Amir Johnson

Rodney Stuckey

Jarvis Hayes

Aaron Affalo

Are Old?

i know your makin up things to help

you sleep better at night but come'n be realistic!you sound so desperate!

Which one of those guys is going to fill Sheed's shoes? Chauncey's? Rip's?

Howard is leaving us? That's why he signed a 5yr extension right instead of the 3 that Lebron signed. Oh, and he's going to the Knicks?? Boy you are a smart one.

quote:
Originally posted by lujack24:

You guys think howard is actually going to stay in orlando. sorry but he is going on to greener pastures. just like ljames will. The lakers celtics knicks pistons are going to scoop him up. He wants to win a title which he can not do in orlando.

Which is exactly why he signed a max extension?

joe d will move on to another great team when the time comes and build around stucky and maxiell and amir. having young players mean nothing without being winners.so you can say our team is young and your getting old all day but honestly i say we have 3 good more years and can you guys wait that long?