Sign in to follow this  
bballbabe

The Official "Stern is A Joke" Thread

I had to change the thread title once again. He got really low ratings last year, and has to be trying to make it up to the networks by ensuring great matchups like KG vs. LeBron.

Just a mention... i saw a thread on this on RealGm's Celtics board. Do you know there are posters on there who actually suggests bad calls went against them? Ha. It was only a few. Most of them even said the officials are ruining this season's playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

I had to change the thread title once again. He got really low ratings last year, and has to be trying to make it up to the networks by ensuring great matchups like KG vs. LeBron.

You hit the nail on the head!

There are so many gross examples of Stern lack of integrity I won't even dare begin highlighting them for fear I'll still be typing on Sunday.

Ha, LeBron clearly initiated the contact between Songaila's "slap". The sad thing is, the refs could have easily reviewed a small segment of the tape and nullified the ejection call.

The NBA...has become all what no one didn't want it to be....a fluke.

You have actors in the NBA....falling purposely...and wimping out against competition. Then..you have the biased officiating. One team gets the benefit of the calls. And lastly..you have this...the subject of this thread...the league not obeying its own rules...and if you have all this...prepare for a recession in NBA basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The NBA...has become all what no one didn't want it to be....a fluke.

You have actors in the NBA....falling purposely...and wimping out against competition. Then..you have the biased officiating. One team gets the benefit of the calls. And lastly..you have this...the subject of this thread...the league not obeying its own rules...and if you have all this...prepare for a recession in NBA basketball.

I agree w/ you ... in 10 years people will talk about how the NBA lost it's popularity ... but we'll know ... we'll know

A new commisioner will not solve anything. they need to totally clean house. I have been watching less and less of a sport that I used to watch every chance I got. I have seen for several years that they have been trying to manipulate things behind the scenes. I felt this way after watching Shaq climb up Sabonis' back and Sabonis get call for the foul?? Garbage.

I belive Bavetta worked both of these games. The Lakers shot some unGodly number of free throws in that game also.