Sign in to follow this  
EnFuego

Sixers Shocker helps Orlando

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

alright i have a plan:

Magic beat Raps in 5...(we cant just walk over them...dont want our heads to get too big)

then the Sixers beat the Pistons in 7...while we rest...

the Hawks beat the C's in 7...while we rest...

the Cavs beat the Wizards in 7...while we rest...

in the 2nd round, we beat Philly in 4...

then the Hawks beat the Cavs in 7...while we rest...

that sets up a ATL-ORL ECF and we win in 4...

the Suns beat the Jazz in 7 while we rest...

then we meet the Suns in the Finals and send their selfish tails cryin all the way back to the desert...(not mentioning any names...ahem...Shaquina...Grant...ahem...)

how does that sound???

Actually, the Hawks are the last team I'd think we can sweep. We just lose to them and I don't know why. I just don't think anybody in Boston's draws towards the ECF can beat them in a 7-game series. I'm still thinking we'll go through Toronto, Detroit, then we'll probably bite it in the ECF. But if we manage to cast all the spells we got against Boston, then that'd be huge. Wouldn't mind losing in the Finals.

Oh and before I forget, HAHA Pistons

quote:
Originally posted by Tatoo Magoo:

CHAUNCEY BUH-BUH-BUH BRICK MY FREE THROWSS

This post literally made me laugh out loud. Hard.

I was even more excited for Philly winning that Orlando today.. i think a lot of it had to do with the Philly game being much more dramtic in the fourth quarter.. but when Reggie Evans (47% FT shooter) makes 2 free throws against you late in the game, you know you're screwed!

4-20 was definitely a "Magical" day.

Apparently there are some big problems going on in Detroit between their coach Phil Saunders and their general manager Joe Dumars. Some fans are even talking the possibility of firing Saunders (their coach) during this series. The problem? A stubborn Saunders who is reluctant to let the young players have some meaningful playing time (as Dumars had requested) and help rest the older veteran players and help match up the 76ers talented youth and desire. Here is a post from a knowledgeable veteran Detroit fan who knows what is going on with the Pistons:

quote:
Sun. 04/20/08 09:06 PM

1st Philly game

Horrid coaching. Philly's guards killed us, and yet, our coach saw fit to leave out our best perimeter defender, Afflalo.

We gave up tons of offensive rebounds, and yet, our coach saw fit to leave out our best rebounder, Amir Johnson.

Our coach did see fit to play Hunter to start the 4th quarter, even though we have a long history of playing poorly with Hunter on the floor in past playoffs. And Hunter is nothing but older, much much older, than he was back in 04. Wrong guy to be out there. Nice he hit the triple in the first half. But even in 04, Larry Brown knew to only play Hunter for a few key moments here and there. Afflalo was the guy who should have been out there, not Hunter. No reason at all for this goof except Saunders has a vendetta against Joe Dumars and his orders to play the youth.

The question becomes, now that we witnessed the first game and how absurd Flip can choose to be, will he do the same the next game. Anohter question, if Flip does this again next game, should Dumars fire him on the spot.

Philly is a team that Detroit can beat with ease, if they play there best players. Shame on the fans who continually support Flip in not playing Afflalo and Amir. You know who you are. Your permission was gladly taken by Flip and abused mightily tonight.

Sheed played absolutely fanstastic in the first half. But who failed to notice he got no rest? Just a few minutes. He did a little in the 3rd, with what little he had left. And zilch in the 4th. Empty tank.

And Tay. Big shot to take late in the game. But who could possibly fail to notice that Tay got no rest in the 2nd half. Just a few ineffective minutes from Hunter. Yes, Hunter playing instead of Tay. What a dropoff, and one that was totally not needed. Afflalo could have been playing those minutes at backup small forward.

Maxiell was a monster. Tay played fine, until toward the end of the game. He is human. He needs rest. Tay was holding Iggy to near nothing, and getting a score for us here and there. But not anything in late in the game in crunch time as his coach forget something called rest.

Rip was so so. He scored here and there but nothing steady either. Can't say he helped much either way toward a win or a loss.

Flip did well in limiting the minutes of Dyess, who did well in his fairly short minutes. Dyess drew several fouls and got some rebounds. If only he did not take any outside shots though. Flip also did well in limiting the minutes of Hayes, who was a defensive liability with Iggy out there. But unfortunately, after a whole season, he still never figured out some alternative. Because he refuses to coach. Instead, he just fights Dumars. And the fight continues. Who will win the battle between now and Wednesday. If Dumars wins, the Pistons will win. Otherwise, we will see this same game repeated, only Philly will be even more full of confindence. Stay tuned.

lee357, flint, mi

I haven't read all of the other posts in this thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating someone else's sentiment.

This is wasted talk. This was Philly's one win in this series. This isn't like when a young Sixers team took it to a vet Magic team in 1999. The Pistons vets won't let it happen. This is the wake up call the Pistons needed and they won't lose another game until they meet us in the 2nd round.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I haven't read all of the other posts in this thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating someone else's sentiment.

This is wasted talk. This was Philly's one win in this series. This isn't like when a young Sixers team took it to a vet Magic team in 1999. The Pistons vets won't let it happen. This is the wake up call the Pistons needed and they won't lose another game until they meet us in the 2nd round.

My first reaction is to agree, but I have a feeling the Sixers can win 1 of the next 3, making it a best of three. Anytime a series is tied at two, it's automatically going to be a long, draining series. Detroit certainly has the ability to "turn it on" and take over, winning the next 4, but I have a feeling they'll have another close game or two.

I think we can hope for a 6 game series - which would be huge. A 7 game series would be out of this world - and all bets are off if it goes 7, IMO.

^^^^^

I would love it for us if the Sixers/Pistons series goes at least 6 games.

The best would be for us to close the Raptors in 5 games and have the other series go to 6 games. This way we have a bit more rest and time to prepare but not so much time between games that we get rusty.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I think that it is not only a player's attitude issue, it is primarily a coaching issue, and there is a big conflict going on in Detroit (coach vs. General Manager)and is already having its negative effect upon the players attitude and energy! If this conflict continues or escalates during this series there is a possibility that the 76ers could win!

My opinion is that Philly just woke up a sleeping giant. The Sixers have played well lately against the Pistons, but I would almost guarantee anyone that Detroit throttles them in game 2 and the rest of the series.

It's been three years since Detroit was the top team in the Eastern Conference. Yes, they have young talented players coming off the bench, but their core keeps getting older and older. I think the younger, hungrier Sixers could beat them in this series.

Complacency does weird things to even the greatest competitors.