Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

The Magic need Arroyo to play more

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Depending by whatever is said behind the scenes. Do you think a player should be put on the end of the bench after he plays well in extended minutes in multiple games. And not being replaced by a star player but by a marginally better or worse player. Also your team has a better record when you play.

It is a chemistry destroying way of playing your players. Good play should equal playing time. And whatever the coaches reasons are, in the players mind he feels he deserves to play and other players on the team will feel this way also. It is only logical.

Logical?

Most of the players on this team are more offensively-minded, so the part of the harping they get from SVG is about defense, not offense.

Dooling is a significantly better defender than Arroyo or Jameer, so the defense improves, getting SVG from screaming at the rest of the team, and making life a little less miserable for them.

Look, I have no opinion of who is better between Nelson, Arroyo and Dooling. I can be happy with any one of them on my team. But I don't want my entire PG position to be based on 2 guys that have proven to be primarily backup PGs in this league, and 1 guy that has been handed a starter role on a silver platter without doing anything that truly entitles him to it.

My single point is that you insist that the team is upset about SVGs handling of it, yet you have absolutely zero knowledge as to whether it is true or not.

Maybe their more upset because Cook is playing over Garrity.

Maybe their more upset because Bogans is playing over JJ.

Maybe their more upset because Dwight is playing over Foyle.

Or, maybe their not upset about anything at all, and are more than happy to follow the lead of the coach who has taken them farther in the regular season than any coach this team has done in a long, long time.

Somehow, I doubt that the single issue of which backup PG is going to be used is dividing the locker room.

It is only dividing the message board.

dude doolings defense is overrated wqhat happened with bibby,nelson stopped bibby dooling not quite

Being upset outwardly is a lot different than having it in the back of your mind. That doubt in either the person who is playing or in your coach who decided to use this player, is more of what I am talking about. This can eventually be detrimental to the teams chemistry.

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

doolings defense is overrated wqhat happened with bibby,nelson stopped bibby dooling not quite

You're right. Dooling may have not defended as well on a particular night.

Instead of cutting him, let's just shoot him.

Just so you can see your favorite player get playing time.

Make sure you take notes about every little bad play that Dooling and Nelson make, and write in large font the good plays that Arroyo makes.

That's the type of unbiased attitude brought by fans of players instead of teams.

Wishing other players on the team to play poorly to increase the playing time of your hero.

Thanks for being such good fans.

I'm just not happy with our PG's as a whole. They all have great games, then they have a few bad ones.....

I won't lie, I think Arroyo is a better PG than Dooling, but it also depends on matchups.....Oh well, we need to start winning again, we need to hit the big 5 0....I would be kinda dissapointed if we don't make the 50's

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

doolings defense is overrated wqhat happened with bibby,nelson stopped bibby dooling not quite

You're right. Dooling may have not defended as well on a particular night.

Instead of cutting him, let's just shoot him.

Just so you can see your favorite player get playing time.

Make sure you take notes about every little bad play that Dooling and Nelson make, and write in large font the good plays that Arroyo makes.

That's the type of unbiased attitude brought by fans of players instead of teams.

Wishing other players on the team to play poorly to increase the playing time of your hero.

Thanks for being such good fans.

lol no direspect buddy but im happy you brougth that favorite player **** and lets shoot dooling for one bad nite.if you dont know arroyo been on the bench the most out of the 3.last time he was benched was against new jersey after arroyo had like 8 good games before that.if anything the coach dont allow any mistake on arroyo ,meer and dooling can???if you dont see this your not watching the same season im watching and let me tell you i havent miss a game.

I am with "far to long" here! The subjective aspect of the game is very important, and it is a big part of what we call "chemistry". Most of the time the players would not comment on whatever is truly going on in the team, because they do not want to cause controversy and/or contribute to ruin the "chemistry"of the team. On the other hand, sometimes the players decide to speak out what they feel is happening, but it could be seen as unprofessional!. It is a very complex issue, so, do not expect the players to be openly vocal if something is going wrong in the team, must of the time they will show with their effort (or lack of effort)! Last game was an example of lack of effort. Why?

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

How exactly is Alex wishing that Dooling play bad. He never wrote that.

If Alex is like me he is hoping that Carlos plays because the orlando Magic are a better team when he plays.

to be honest i dont really care if carlos plays as longest we win,the only thing that bothers me is that arroyo is been replaced with a guy thats a shooting guard and by the way just to let you know after arroyo been my favorite from orlando my second is dooling so hell no i dont wish him bad.he is just playing out of position thats all im saying.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Hey Alex that link is truly great, thanks! That is "Chemistry"!

did you noticed arroyo and meer on the court at the same time,besides size difference brian hill took a chance at the world champions with two point guards i though that was awesome.

Alex30:

quote:
did you noticed arroyo and meer on the court at the same time,besides size difference brian hill took a chance at the world champions with two point guards i though that was awesome.

I think we should try that again!