Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

"Karate Kid 5" - In Orlando!

Check out the trailer and the synopsis for the new movie "Never Back Down."

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/neverbackdown/

"Set against the action-packed world of Mixed Martial Arts, NEVER BACK DOWN is the story of Jake Tyler, a tough kid who leads with his fists, and, often, with his heart. Jake Tyler, played by Sean Faris, is the new kid in town with a troubled past. He has recently moved to Orlando, Florida with his family who has relocated to support his younger brother

Check out the trailer and the synopsis for the new movie "Never Back Down."

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/neverbackdown/

"Set against the action-packed world of Mixed Martial Arts, NEVER BACK DOWN is the story of Jake Tyler, a tough kid who leads with his fists, and, often, with his heart. Jake Tyler, played by Sean Faris, is the new kid in town with a troubled past. He has recently moved to Orlando, Florida with his family who has relocated to support his younger brother

You don't buy that he finds an MMA master in Orlando? I just want to see what type of training sequences he goes through. If he is cleaning the glass on Shamu's tank(WAX ON, WAX OFF!)and slapping a fresh coat of paint on the Hulk at Universal (UP, DOWN!), it is going to be very dissapointing.

He's the best, around, nothing's ever gonna keep him down.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

You don't buy that he finds an MMA master in Orlando? I just want to see what type of training sequences he goes through. If he is cleaning the glass on Shamu's tank(WAX ON, WAX OFF!)and slapping a fresh coat of paint on the Hulk at Universal (UP, DOWN!), it is going to be very dissapointing.

I just want to know what the Cobra Kai is in this movie. Will there be a sensai who insists on the "sweep the leg" move? Is it wrong to say that this new chick in no way could be any hotter than Elizabeth Shue?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I just want to know what the Cobra Kai is in this movie. Will there be a sensai who insists on the "sweep the leg" move? Is it wrong to say that this new chick in no way could be any hotter than Elizabeth Shue?

I don't know there LOD. Seems to me that Elizabeth Shue got hot in the 90's right after she did "Leaving Las Vegas" with Nick Cage. All her previous films, circa 80's to early 90's, she was either too sweet, as a cheerleader opposite Ralph Machio, too stuck up opposite Tom Cruise fighting about which bottle should be twirled in the air and which one should remain grounded, too naive traveling to and from the Future opposite Michael J. Fox, or too old to be Babysitting opposite Keith Coogan.

Fast forward about a decade...she comes out in Leaving Las Vegas and all of a sudden, she's DARN HOT!! With hot stints as in Palmetto opposite Woody Harrelson, Hollow Man, and The Saint, to name a few.

True, indeed, I posted about Ms. Shue in Karate Kid a few months ago...she didn't look too bad back then...heck, I think she may have been my 1st on-screen crush...she certainly got me to want to take karate back in the 80's.

But, can we truly compare this new girl to Elizabeth in her Karate Kid day? Something tells me that this new girl is probably that more caliente than Shue was back then trying to tame a once-in-a-blue-moon skinny Daniel Larrusso.

So, LOD and Marc...I'm not sure she can be compared to Shue from the mid 90's to the present...but maybe Shue can't be compared to the new girl at this stage of her career.

I'm also interested in who will play the new Sensei Kreese and if there will be a side-kick Terry Silver as well? Who knows, maybe some sort of Julie Pierce (Hilary Swank's Next karate Kid) will make an appearance and it won't just be the guys throwing down.

Much Love!