Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

Magic seek some respect tonight, maybe without Jameer

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

i hope our 2 best point guards play tonite arroyo and hedo

at the risk of touching off another battle in this endless war, are you a arroyo fan because of his skill set, or just because he's PR? i mean your views are your views, but just because a guy is PR doesn't make a great argument for who's better....

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:

at the risk of touching off another battle in this endless war, are you a arroyo fan because of his skill set, or just because he's PR? i mean your views are your views, but just because a guy is PR doesn't make a great argument for who's better....

i said that as a joke but all seriousness arroyo is a better point guard but i dont want to argue anymore is getting to old,now i base that as mi knowledge of basketball.meer is too overated but at the end both of them are just good for back up point guards.

quote:

quote:

quote:

i said that as a joke but all seriousness arroyo is a better point guard but i dont want to argue anymore is getting to old,now i base that as mi knowledge of basketball.meer is too overated but at the end both of them are just good for back up point guards.

just got to know where you stand, too many Arroyo fans want meer's head because they're from the same island. which makes no sense. the way i look at player rotations, is these guys (otis and SVG) are professionals at what they do, and second guessing them is not a winning situation.

i know i would hate to have a bunch of rank amateurs going on and on about mortar gunnery or FDC operations (anyone even know what those are?), which i'm a trained professional at. if SVG doesn't play JJ, there's obviously a reason for it. if he doesn't play arroyo, there's obviously a reason.

if you research my older posts, you'll see i was an arroyo supporter for a while, and not much on the MeerMeer bandwagon. but when i see him have games where he's got 7-8 assists and only 1-2 TOs, i'm gonna hold my judgment on him starting.

point is, we're all rank amateurs when it comes to professional basketball coaching or general managing for an NBA team. i'm going to bet they do a better job than any of us would do....

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

just got to know where you stand, too many Arroyo fans want meer's head because they're from the same island. which makes no sense. the way i look at player rotations, is these guys (otis and SVG) are professionals at what they do, and second guessing them is not a winning situation.

i know i would hate to have a bunch of rank amateurs going on and on about mortar gunnery or FDC operations (anyone even know what those are?), which i'm a trained professional at. if SVG doesn't play JJ, there's obviously a reason for it. if he doesn't play arroyo, there's obviously a reason.

if you research my older posts, you'll see i was an arroyo supporter for a while, and not much on the MeerMeer bandwagon. but when i see him have games where he's got 7-8 assists and only 1-2 TOs, i'm gonna hold my judgment on him starting.

point is, we're all rank amateurs when it comes to professional basketball coaching or general managing for an NBA team. i'm going to bet they do a better job than any of us would do....

i actually dont have problems with meer passing the ball i know alot of people critisised him for that,but i really think that when he doesnt get any assist is not his fault is really the teams fault,watch closely and youll see.

since all you want is to see where i stand well i dont hate meer because im an arroyo fan as a matter of fact i really dont hate him i like the guys and what he brings to the court,i just wish that he can drive the ball more inside,he becomes almost perfect everytime he drives in.and thats real good for our team.

see where i stand now,but doesnt change the fact that i say arroyo is better,but then again i dont want arroyo starting i want him to be the back up.i hope you understood me.

Our problem is that too many times during the regular season we allow teams to come and beat us without us showing any heart to fight back. Then you can add that our record in playoffs for the past 5 years is to be laughed at. Until we change those two problems we are not going to gain ANY more respect from the rest than what we have so far. We have to show on the court that we are warriors if need to be and that no one will step on our toes without paying the price of receiving some respectable pain back to their bodies. Remember Shack at the beggining of his career how they hacked him and no fouls were being called? This stayed like that until he started sending bodies flying out and players back to their lockers with ice bags around their rib cages. If they put one of your guards horizontally because he's penetrating too much then you put one of theirs in the locker room for an examination. In baseball if you hit my best player at bat with a 90 MPH fast ball to his ribs you can be sure that when our team is on the field our best pitcher will be on the mount to pitch your star player and the very first pitch will be a 98 MPH fast ball to his head. D12, Shard, and Hedo need to start fighting back when they are hacked. They just take everything that comes their way and then they stop attacking to not keep getting hit. Our guards need to hack the opponent guards more when they are scoring too much on them. What they do instead is giving them more space so that they have a little more time to react to their moves. Bibby, Jason Kidd, Cassell, Derek Fisher are great guards using this kind of defense. If you are scoring too much against them you know that sooner or later you'll get hacked by them trying to intimidate you and many times it works. We need to learn to play with more heart under those circumstances. Detroit does nothing else than hacking all the time. If you don't fight back they'll have a party with you all night and they are good getting away with it. Remember, they were recently champions and they'd been in the finals many times so it's for US to demonstrate that we can beat them even in their game because refs will allow them to get away with murder. They earned it by fighting for it. Now it's our turn to fight for it when ever the situation arises. We would be better prepared if we had a natural PF, but we don't, so we have to work with what we have right now.

Oso Tommy stated:

quote:
Our problem is that too many times during the regular season we allow teams to come and beat us without us showing any heart to fight back. Then you can add that our record in playoffs for the past 5 years is to be laughed at. Until we change those two problems we are not going to gain ANY more respect from the rest than what we have so far. We have to show on the court that we are warriors if need to be and that no one will step on our toes without paying the price of receiving some respectable pain back to their bodies. Remember Shack at the beggining of his career how they hacked him and no fouls were being called? This stayed like that until he started sending bodies flying out and players back to their lockers with ice bags around their rib cages. If they put one of your guards horizontally because he's penetrating too much then you put one of theirs in the locker room for an examination. In baseball if you hit my best player at bat with a 90 MPH fast ball to his ribs you can be sure that when our team is on the field our best pitcher will be on the mount to pitch your star player and the very first pitch will be a 98 MPH fast ball to his head. D12, Shard, and Hedo need to start fighting back when they are hacked. They just take everything that comes their way and then they stop attacking to not keep getting hit. Our guards need to hack the opponent guards more when they are scoring too much on them. What they do instead is giving them more space so that they have a little more time to react to their moves. Bibby, Jason Kidd, Cassell, Derek Fisher are great guards using this kind of defense. If you are scoring too much against them you know that sooner or later you'll get hacked by them trying to intimidate you and many times it works. We need to learn to play with more heart under those circumstances. Detroit does nothing else than hacking all the time. If you don't fight back they'll have a party with you all night and they are good getting away with it. Remember, they were recently champions and they'd been in the finals many times so it's for US to demonstrate that we can beat them even in their game because refs will allow them to get away with murder. They earned it by fighting for it. Now it's our turn to fight for it when ever the situation arises. We would be better prepared if we had a natural PF, but we don't, so we have to work with what we have right now.

THE TRUTH! Now we need a couple of players willing to do what you say and set an example to the others. Maybe we (the Magic) should let Gortat Hack a couple of times in the next games. Who knows? Maybe that is the plan of playing him lately and the real reason for Otis an SVG "talk" with our captains!