Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

trade dwight for oden straight up.

You may get more cap room out of the deal, but when Dwight is beating the crap out of Oden in 2 yrs that cap room won't help us win games. Oden will eventually cost just as much as Dwight would.

Dwight has a spin move and a hook that he did not have last year. He is also playing better defense than last year. He isn't a finished product.

I guess you found two things (although i only see a spin move being legit)

Ill find shot blocks...down, free throws...wont even go there, rebounds...down, leadership non existant, motivation down, offense despite his early season success unadaptable and currently non existant, salary cost to the team excessive for a player who has not improved. Howd you like to have a once a ten year center and 8 million bones for the regressing expensive player...

Notorious, you've made your pint clear but overall and believe it or not, I kind of agree. :0

Dwight hasn't found the way to improve himself other than using his power to dunk the ball.

Free throws have gotten much worse and he could do better but players don't consider free throws an important part of winning a game. Thats why we have lost the ability to win games from free throws. The advantage of having a big man who could make his free throws over 80 percent is simply an OMG.

As for hooks, I barely see them. When Dwight makes his moves at times, Dwight gets to selfish and doesn't pass to the wide open teammate "who can't even make the shot anyways". Dwight is also a turnover machine so point guards lose opportunities to get assist.

I'm a bit half and half on this trade which is quite stunning in my case because I've never dreamed of trading Dwight.

How about trading the notorious S.A.C. for Brian Hill straight up. What I mean is ur crazy man let Oden play in NBA first and then you say that.

wow...for brian hill thats horrible. please put down your dwight howard blow up doll long enough to realize the points are totally valid. Considering noah and horford projected picks right behind oden and durant at 1 and 2 i think nearly fouling out floridas entire front line and their back ups playing for a team who had no outside scoring speaks volumes about how good the kid is. And he wasnt laughing after the game!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Oden has more of an offensive game but he is not anywhere near the athelete that Dwight is. Right now, Oden would be an excellent center in the NBA, he can do things like Duncan, and other great centers were able to do. If Dwight works on his game and keeps improving, he will be able to do things that no other center can do, that is the difference.

It's the same reason we took Dwight over Okafor, I would still take Dwight over Oden.

WHAT? I've never seen Greg Oden take a jumpshot in my life. There's no way he's capable of facing someone 15 ft away from the basket and hitting an angled bankshot. Tim Duncan is one of the most fundamentally sound big men i've ever seen, and I don't think Oden will ever come close to Duncan's offensive ability.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want an 18 year old that looks like he's 45 on my team. Can you even imagine what he'll look like when he's 30? Scary isn't it?

I think Dwight is a freak of nature and I would never trade him for Oden. Dwight will be a 20+ point and 12+ rebound guy for a long time in this league. We just need to get rid of Hill for this team to take the next step.

Easy there Kberto, I didn't say he was Duncan. Oden has good footwork and has a few offensive moves that he is able to go to and get a basket. Solid but unspectacular, in my opinion Duncan like.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Easy there Kberto, I didn't say he was Duncan. Oden has good footwork and has a few offensive moves that he is able to go to and get a basket. Solid but unspectacular, in my opinion Duncan like.

I just can't allow myself to jump on the Oden bandwagon. I don't think he's going to be as good as people think he'll be. I would hate to have the first pick in this draft, because that GM will be forced to take Oden. I would take Durant over Oden, but I'm pretty isolated on that opinion.

remember the last time we signed a guy to a max deal...7 year contract....its nice to have a team option 3 or 4 years down the road. Howd you like to strap the franchise another 7 years if something happens.

Fill in the rest of howards stats 5 to's, 3 of 12 from the line, 1 .3 shot blocks per game, and a 45 loss season (since we cant sign another free agent) with a smile and giggles on the sideline. I would however love to see how good he could be without the troll as a coach.

Rewatch last nights game or the prievious game oden has skills outside of 10 feet. I saw beautiful foot work that wasnt labored like dwight after 3 years in the nba. I saw a nice baseline hook from 15 feet. I saw a power game and great hands. I saw free throws go in. I saw great court awareness and a guy who huffed out the whole second half. I saw a guy early in the year outshoot dwight at the line LEFT HANDED....