Sign in to follow this  
wjinx4

JJ cant play defense

quote:
I'm assuming the three people that have contributed such priceless gems didn't watch the game, because had you watched the game you would know that Evans and Bogans were guarding Lebron all night and Larry Hughes started at PG with Daniel Gibson out injured.

Actually, there were plenty of times, especially in the 2nd half when Dwight was out, when we had both Evans and Bogans on the floor at the same time and Bogans was guarding Hughes while Evans guarded Lebron. Oh, and Hughes had 33 of his 40 in the 2nd half. Plain and simple, if we're down 10 with 6 minutes to play, Bogans should be on the bench and J.J. should be on the floor. Hell, put Garrity in for all I care, but not Bogans, who hasn't shot consistently for the last month.

At least now we're talking about last night's matchups more accurately.

The Cavs lineup was:

Hughes PG

James SG

Newble SF

Gooden PF

Ilgauskas C

So now that the jokers that have been writing in every thread that Evans & Bogans can't defend based on Hughes point production from the boxscore understand that Hughes was playing PG, do you now understand why Evans & Bogans are getting playing time at SG?

They both defended the league's leading scorer last night after he moved from his natural SF position to SG and held him below his season average. Would JJ stand a chance in he11 of guarding Lebron?

quote:
Originally posted by Twizzylax:

Actually, there were plenty of times, especially in the 2nd half when Dwight was out, when we had both Evans and Bogans on the floor at the same time and Bogans was guarding Hughes while Evans guarded Lebron. Oh, and Hughes had 33 of his 40 in the 2nd half. Plain and simple, if we're down 10 with 6 minutes to play, Bogans should be on the bench and J.J. should be on the floor. Hell, put Garrity in for all I care, but not Bogans, who hasn't shot consistently for the last month.

You want JJ on the floor in the fourth quarter against Cleveland guarding any of the following:

Hughes

Lebron

heck, even Brown

???

Let me expain this in plain and simple terms.

You have a scale that balances out with 100 marbles on one side and 50 rocks on the other side. You don't remove 10 of those rocks and replace them with feathers and still achieve a balance.

Your opinion again is a little skewered smack. Marbles and all. We dont know how many he would have scored. When he wanted to score no one stopped him. He went around Bogans as if Bogans feet was in cement. Lebron did what he had to do to win a game. Maybe JJ woul dhave played harder and quicker. You cant make a judgement on something that did not happen. Still, a loss is a loss and no one stopped the guards again. This is a marbled fact.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Ok, if player A's scoring average is 20pts per game and player B defends that person and they score 25 off jumpers while player C defends them and they score 30 off drives and drawing fouls as well as jumpers who do you want playing D on player A?

Keep in mind that niether player B nor C can keep them from driving every single time they have the ball, would you not want the guy on the floor that limits player A as much as possible? Or would we rather open the flood gates?

From Brossards chat yesterday-

Chris Broussard: (2:20 PM ET ) "I'm sure if Redick was that nice in practice, he'd be getting some run in games. I mean, it's not like he's behind Dwyane Wade. Players have told me that he's just overmatched a lot of times. His defense is nonexistent and he's not quick enough to beat guys off the dribble. Therefore, defenders can get all up in his grill and keep him from shooting Js He might be valuable in a system like Phoenix, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for JJ to return to his Duke glory days."

There was also another one from Chad Ford that basically said that GM's around the league felt about the same.

I've yet to see a game where JJ couldn't get shots off because "he had someone all up in his grill". Time to stop putting so much stock into these 'analysts' who only follow the LeBrons and clearly don't watch the Magic.

Bandwagoner fans who fall into the trap of the Magic dumbed-down PR machine typically hate the player (just like they've hated every superstar that has played here) instead of realizing our GM and coach are mentally impaired.

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Ok, if player A's scoring average is 20pts per game and player B defends that person and they score 25 off jumpers while player C defends them and they score 30 off drives and drawing fouls as well as jumpers who do you want playing D on player A?

Keep in mind that niether player B nor C can keep them from driving every single time they have the ball, would you not want the guy on the floor that limits player A as much as possible? Or would we rather open the flood gates?

From Brossards chat yesterday-

Chris Broussard: (2:20 PM ET ) "I'm sure if Redick was that nice in practice, he'd be getting some run in games. I mean, it's not like he's behind Dwyane Wade. Players have told me that he's just overmatched a lot of times. His defense is nonexistent and he's not quick enough to beat guys off the dribble. Therefore, defenders can get all up in his grill and keep him from shooting Js He might be valuable in a system like Phoenix, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for JJ to return to his Duke glory days."

There was also another one from Chad Ford that basically said that GM's around the league felt about the same.

I've yet to see a game where JJ couldn't get shots off because "he had someone all up in his grill". Time to stop putting so much stock into these 'analysts' who only follow the LeBrons and clearly don't watch the Magic.

Bandwagoner fans who fall into the trap of the Magic dumbed-down PR machine typically hate the player (just like they've hated every superstar that has played here) instead of realizing our GM and coach are mentally impaired.

You're absolutely right. JJ had some of the toughest defense on him in the final minute of blowout games.

Everytime the JJ haters/Otis and Van Gundy lovers make excuses that JJ is a liability I'll happily point out JJ isn't the one getting his layups swatted away or has 40 points scored on him by a mediocre free agent

Most JJ haters against all common sense will say JJ is a liability and that the 35 million dwarf who can't defend (or pass) is the PG of the future. Coincidence?

quote:

Everytime the JJ haters/Otis and Van Gundy lovers make excuses that JJ is a liability I'll happily point out JJ isn't the one getting his layups swatted away or has 40 points scored on him by a mediocre free agent

Kind of hard to do anything at all with your butt planted firmly to the end of the bench. Don't you think?

I'm no J.J. homer and dont really care if we trade the kid or not, but I would like to see what we spent the draft pick on. I mean somebody saw something in him, right?

Smack, I often read your posts and wonder where your expertise comes from, any ballin experiance?

All I know is that matching Redick and Hughes would've been more interesting than watching Meer & Bogans being lit up by 40, not to mention maybe get the crowd going.

At least JJ would've hit a few 3s and kept the defense busy and away from Dwight.

Tall teams spell murder for Stan's favorite lineups.

When is Stan's contract up, next year? And to think I criticized Brian Hill..

quote:

And to think I criticized Brian Hill..

You did? When? I thought you just registered on 01/9/08?

If you hate SVG so much, who would you nominate as our head coach?