Sign in to follow this  
Fern1960

Did anyone see Kobe talking smack last night to a few Magic players?

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

when your the best player in the NBA you can say whatever you want whenever you want to whoever you want

you actually believe his the best you must be smoking crack theres many players in the nba that i will pick over him

Perhaps Lebron, thats it. I still favor Kobe though.

quote:
Originally posted by Fern1960:

I wish someone would've smacked him on his way up for a layup.... I don't care how good he is he'll never be Jordan (the guy is a moron)....

He's a moron and you come across as really smart and knowledgeable

It worked. His team beat us.

Maybe it'll take the Magic talking trash to put opponents away. We're like the friendliest team in the NBA.

If Hedo would have made that final three that he took, Kobe wouldn't have even approached him. That's the outcome of the game, you can talk if you can back it up, and Kobe (refs) can.

I hate Kobe because of all the cheap calls he gets in his favor. And anyone who watched the Cavs-Lakers came a couple weeks back should now know that even Kobe cannot compare to LeBron. It's time to stop saying Kobe's the best, because it's just not true. There's nobody like LeBron. He's the best/next Jordan/phenom.

quote:

you actually believe his the best you must be smoking crack theres many players in the nba that i will pick over him

Wow you obviously know NOTHING about basketball, smoking crack saying that Kobe is the best player in the NBA? you act as if i just said Adonal Foyle is the best were talking about KOBE BRYANT if you know exactly who that is? take your carlos arroyo goggles off and go look at Bryant's numbers. and how many guys can take over a game like him? 3, 4? Lebron, Bryant, Melo, Wade..but ill think logically like you and i would put Kobe right behind Arroyo as the best players in the NBA, i give it to Arroyo by a hair due to the fact that we know arroyo edges this resume...Bryant: is a 3 time nba champion, 2 time scoring champion, 10 time NBA all star has started in all of those appearances by the way, 2 time nba all star game mvp, 9 time all nba selection, 7 time all defensive selection what was i thinking saying hes the best in the NBA?????

quote:

quote:

Wow you obviously know NOTHING about basketball, smoking crack saying that Kobe is the best player in the NBA? you act as if i just said Adonal Foyle is the best were talking about KOBE BRYANT if you know exactly who that is? take your carlos arroyo goggles off and go look at Bryant's numbers. and how many guys can take over a game like him? 3, 4? Lebron, Bryant, Melo, Wade..but ill think logically like you and i would put Kobe right behind Arroyo as the best players in the NBA, i give it to Arroyo by a hair due to the fact that we know arroyo edges this resume...Bryant: is a 3 time nba champion, 2 time scoring champion, 10 time NBA all star has started in all of those appearances by the way, 2 time nba all star game mvp, 9 time all nba selection, 7 time all defensive selection what was i thinking saying hes the best in the NBA?????

x2. . .I don't know what in the world Alex is talking about lol

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I'll never understand why people hate Kobe so much.

Kobe is one of those few NBA personalities that transcend even the casual NBA fan's knowledge. He's a household name throughout America and it's for reasons beyond his NBA abilities. His **** case from a few years ago, and subsequent dismissal just perpetuates the common thought that sports stars and celebrities have an unfair advantage when it comes to the law.

Basically, to the general public Kobe comes off as a spoiled, self entitled NBA player.

To the casual and dilligent NBA fan, he's seen as a poor team mate and prima donna. Reasons to belive that include his public feud with Shaq and with Coach Jackson. His You Tube video of him in public slamming Andrew Bynum in lieu of a possible Kidd trade tarnishes his character. His demands to be traded were conducted in an extremely unprofessional manner.

The list is long why people hate Kobe as a person. Personally, I can't stand him and I believe that he is a detriment to the league as a whole.

However, as a basketball player, there is no questioning his talent. He is arguably the best and most talented indivdual in the league. I mention him as an individual, and not the best player. I do believe that he's a poor teammate and I couldn't blame other people for choosing other talented players to build their team around.

As for the trash talking. This is the NBA and what happens on the floor, for the most part, is part of the game. He's the best indivdual at the game and is able to back his smack. I have no problem with that. It's up to our guys to stop him. They couldn't so he's allowed to talk.

quote:
Originally posted by JonBoy418:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I'll never understand why people hate Kobe so much.

Kobe is one of those few NBA personalities that transcend even the casual NBA fan's knowledge. He's a household name throughout America and it's for reasons beyond his NBA abilities. His **** case from a few years ago, and subsequent dismissal just perpetuates the common thought that sports stars and celebrities have an unfair advantage when it comes to the law.

Basically, to the general public Kobe comes off as a spoiled, self entitled NBA player.

To the casual and dilligent NBA fan, he's seen as a poor team mate and prima donna. Reasons to belive that include his public feud with Shaq and with Coach Jackson. His You Tube video of him in public slamming Andrew Bynum in lieu of a possible Kidd trade tarnishes his character. His demands to be traded were conducted in an extremely unprofessional manner.

The list is long why people hate Kobe as a person. Personally, I can't stand him and I believe that he is a detriment to the league as a whole.

However, as a basketball player, there is no questioning his talent. He is arguably the best and most talented indivdual in the league. I mention him as an individual, and not the best player. I do believe that he's a poor teammate and I couldn't blame other people for choosing other talented players to build their team around.

As for the trash talking. This is the NBA and what happens on the floor, for the most part, is part of the game. He's the best indivdual at the game and is able to back his smack. I have no problem with that. It's up to our guys to stop him. They couldn't so he's allowed to talk.

I agree with most of this post about Kobe's character. It's hard to love him unless he's in your team (an even that may be hard) because he's like the spoiled talented teenager that thinks he's better than other because he can jump higher...

Many players in the NBA are loved by many people, even fans from different teams. That is because they have the talent and come up as respectable individual. I don't hate Kobe, but it's hard to not route against him.

----

On the other hand, I don't agree people is entitled to talk trash because they can back it up. Part of being a great individual is to be able to keep being humble even when you're talented. Personally, I consider being agressive and playing physical as part of the game, but I don't consider talking trash part of the game. I think the best teams should win, not the worst mouths. Playing, not talking.

It is when a guy is talented and succesful that his character and ability to stay humble and respectful is tested.

quote:

quote:

Wow, how being an Arroyo fan has anything to do with his opinion about Kobe?

Between you and the poster in the first page are just taking cheap shots at Arroyo and turning posts into Carlos hate posts just for the sake of it.

Please, care to diagree with him without throwing Carlos in. No need to do it.

I think Kobe is one of the best individual players in the game and that has nothing to do with anything I think about Carlos.