Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

What villain had the least business losing to their respective arch-rival?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Has anybody read the Marvel Zombies series yet?

I've caught a little of it. It got ridiculous though. I mean, they eat Galactus and gain his powers? That's a little much.

I use the word "ridiculous" way too much. I need to start using a different word that means the same thing.

Try swapping it out with Redickulous... my personal favorite.

quote:

But I'm partial to IG because one of the issues of that series was the first comic I ever bought as a kid, and the opening image of that issue, where Thanos is standing in a rocky area surrounded by the battered bodies of every hero you could think of, plus a few of the Eternals and Galactus, is simply merking awesome.

You have no idea how old you just made me feel.

And echo, how can you not like the multi-title storylines? The Mutant Massacre, the Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, Acts of Vengeance, and even more recently, the House of M. Great stuff. But yeah, it means buying more titles, but the storyline is consistent, if done right.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

But I'm partial to IG because one of the issues of that series was the first comic I ever bought as a kid, and the opening image of that issue, where Thanos is standing in a rocky area surrounded by the battered bodies of every hero you could think of, plus a few of the Eternals and Galactus, is simply merking awesome.

And echo, how can you not like the multi-title storylines? The Mutant Massacre, the Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, Acts of Vengeance, and even more recently, the House of M. Great stuff. But yeah, it means buying more titles, but the storyline is consistent, if done right.

I don't like the idea of DC or Marvel forcing me to buy 15 or so additional books I wouldn't normally pick up just to finish a story that somehow will have zero impact in the long run.

quote:

quote:

House of M was amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

I don't like the idea of DC or Marvel forcing me to buy 15 or so additional books I wouldn't normally pick up just to finish a story that somehow will have zero impact in the long run.

That's a valid reason, and it's the primary one why I didn't buy any of the WWHulk comics, even if the payoff of Hulk vs. Fully Unleashed Sentry is a potentially pretty awesome one.

LOD, sorry to make you feel old, but I really had no say in the fact that I was born in 1985.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

That's a valid reason, and it's the primary one why I didn't buy any of the WWHulk comics, even if the payoff of Hulk vs. Fully Unleashed Sentry is a potentially pretty awesome one.

LOD, sorry to make you feel old,[d] but I really had no say in the fact that I was born in 1985.[/b]

You didn't have to SAY it though lol