Sign in to follow this  
Fern1960

If it ain't broke... Don't fix it.....

At the begining of the season the team was playing great with Jameer Nelson and Keith Bogans as the starting back court. It wasn't broke then and SVG did not fix it. With Jameer Nelson's problems SVG had to fix what was broke so he inserted Carlos Arroyo and Mo Evans in the starting line up and now things are fixed again. I like JN but please keep the guys and or the rotation which best fits the team and keeps them wining.

At the begining of the season the team was playing great with Jameer Nelson and Keith Bogans as the starting back court. It wasn't broke then and SVG did not fix it. With Jameer Nelson's problems SVG had to fix what was broke so he inserted Carlos Arroyo and Mo Evans in the starting line up and now things are fixed again. I like JN but please keep the guys and or the rotation which best fits the team and keeps them wining.

Ok so since were winning without Nelson we should leave him out of the rotation? Thats bad for business. They invested alot of money in Nelson and now they shouldnt play him. Now they do play good without him but you have to look at it from Otis standpoint. You cant just pay a guy all that money and not use him. And nobody is gonna want him right now for trade. You have to play him.

Otis feels hes the future so he probaly will be playing soon. This the problem, the fans want Arroyo to remain the pg but Otis has already made his decision that Nelson is the guy. One day you guys just gonna have to accept the fact that Nelson is the guy. Now that might be a big mistake but we just gonna have to live with it. Thats why Arroyo has to go. This pg controversy will keep going on until he leaves.

As for the sgs, i always felt like Bogans were playing too many minutes. He gets tired quickly and isnt that quick either. Mo brings energy and quickness to the starting lineup. Hes a good cutter and finisher. So he should remain the starter and Bogans or Dooling should back him up. Besides Dooling and Bogans are our best bench players now.

So Redick really doesnt have any chance in Orlando to play. With Arroyo here hes doing a great job but Otis has already put his money on Nelson and that was a mistake. He shouldve waited but he already made his decision so we as fans have to deal with it. I think Nelson can get the job done though just give him time. He has a big 3 scoring attack to work with now so he cant really mess up that bad. By the end of this season i think Nelson can end up a 13ppg 7-8apg 5rpg guy. Thats not bad at all. Hes already at 11ppg 6apg 4rpg. Then bring in Dooling for hustle and defense in the pg position.

SauceMoney; I read your long post and it seems to me that you are "wishfully thinking". It seems that you want to reassure yourself that Otis would never..never.. will think of trading Nelson because, as you stated, he committed the mistake of signing him too early to such a big contract. However, every time more, it is clear that to remedy that mistake the PG that needs to be traded now, before the trade deadline, is Nelson not Arroyo.

I do not think that it would be a good idea to play him before he gets traded, Nelson is not mentally prepared and his "injury"(self-esteem?) could be hurt even more.

quote:
This the problem, the fans want Arroyo to remain the pg but Otis has already made his decision that Nelson is the guy. One day you guys just gonna have to accept the fact that Nelson is the guy. Now that might be a big mistake but we just gonna have to live with it. Thats why Arroyo has to go. This pg controversy will keep going on until he leaves.
This is exactly your wish!

I think we are getting way use to winning. The Magic play to the same level of competition and then turn it up in the fourth by scaring the **** out of the opponent with Turkoglu. This better not last forever. I expect this team to be prepared to face the Dallas Mavericks tomorrow and expect it to be close.

It seems like Jameer will play in that game seeing that we need better ballhandling and quickness to keep up with the Mavs but they aren't that great in my opinion.

I'm telling you, Jameer will come up huge later in the season. He may not be a superstar starting point guard at this point but I firmly believe that he can be a super star bench player. Hopefully he will accept whatever role Stan wants him to play. Lets not forget that Jameer can score with the best of them but unfortunatley thats not what we need right now.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

It seems like Jameer will play in that game seeing that we need better ballhandling and quickness to keep up with the Mavs but they aren't that great in my opinion.

Oh boy if he does play extensive minutes and we lose to Dallas, I'll bet the whole barn that a lot of people will complain that the loss is all Jameer's fault.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Life is empty

I'm a lefty

Hopelessly lost

How much does this cost?

One time, I ate a rock.

The orange brick clangs off the cool steal,

The moon is full.

I personally think SVG needs to pick 2 of the 3 and give one starter and the other backup minutes. This whole time share thing doesn't work at all.

If Meer is given proper starter minutes I believe he will come good for this team, he was playing great basketball at the start of the season but all the rotating between Carlos, Dooling and Meer doesn't help any of them.

Yeah, just wait until the playoff when we're ousted and everyone comes complaining that we didn't do anything with our expirings before the deadline. Just like what happened with GHill.

If history has told you one thing in sports, its that you can't buy your way to a championship most of the time.

Gotta make smart trades.

Hoezzz33:

quote:
I'm telling you, Jameer will come up huge later in the season. He may not be a superstar starting point guard at this point but I firmly believe that he can be a super star bench player. Hopefully he will accept whatever role Stan wants him to play. Lets not forget that Jameer can score with the best of them but unfortunatley thats not what we need right now.

Very much agree!