Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

If your Otis, what do you do now?

We need a starting pf. Playing small will get us worn out over time. Here's the ideal:

Orlando Magic

Incoming Players

Udonis Haslem

Salary: $6,050,000 Years Remaining: 3

PTS: 12.3 REB: 9.4 AST: 1.5 PER: 13.02

Smush Parker

Salary: $2,250,000 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 4.8 REB: 2.1 AST: 1.7 PER: 5.68

Outgoing Players: Pat Garrity, Carlos Arroyo

Miami Heat

Incoming Players

Pat Garrity

Salary: $3,818,750 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 2.1 REB: 1.8 AST: 0.6 PER: 0.23

Carlos Arroyo

Salary: $4,000,000 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 6.8 REB: 1.8 AST: 3.7 PER: 13.38

Plus, include a first round pick. This would clear cap space for Miami and give us our pf.

P.S--I believe our 2nd greatest need is a pg.

First of all ask yourself this, how many pgs in this league now just pass all game? Honestly, most pgs now are scoring as well as passing. Nash and Kidd are exceptions. If we pickup Miller you better believe hes taking alot of shots cause thats his game. No pg today is gonna just sit there and pass all damm game, be real. Andre Miller just took 18 shots the other night and only had 4 assist and 2 TOs. If Nelson did that you would call him a shoot first pg. Alot of pgs are like that now so just deal with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

We need a starting pf. Playing small will get us worn out over time. Here's the ideal:

Orlando Magic

Incoming Players

Udonis Haslem

Smush Parker

Miami Heat

Incoming Players

Pat Garrity

Carlos Arroyo

Plus, include a first round pick. This would clear cap space for Miami and give us our pf.

Is smush parker added in the deal to just take him from the Heat just to get Haslem. Cause i dont see why we need him.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Orlando Magic

Incoming Players

Udonis Haslem

Smush Parker

Miami Heat

Incoming Players

Pat Garrity

Carlos Arroyo

Id go for that, but it really doesnt address our need at guard. Smush i dont believe is much of an upgrade from Arroyo

quote:
If Arroyo is so good then why didnt he keep his starting job in Utah? And if hes SO GOOD why did he just put up 4assist 6TOs. Your so quick to bring up the TO/A ratio list. But Arroyo didnt play like he belongs on that list today. I never seen Nelson have a game that bad yet.

Its a shame he(Jameer) did not started today or the last game against Billups, I want to see if he really can make it better than Arroyo against those real good teams. But you are right, Arroyo's stats today looked bad in the asst/TO thing, however he had the highest effectiveness of all the Magic players today with +13, plus 4 rebounds ,and when he came back into the game in the fourth he helped stop a 16 to 1 run by the Celtics that went ahead by one point, with Arroyo in we got ahead again by 5 until the end of the 4th.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:
If Arroyo is so good then why didnt he keep his starting job in Utah? And if hes SO GOOD why did he just put up 4assist 6TOs. Your so quick to bring up the TO/A ratio list. But Arroyo didnt play like he belongs on that list today. I never seen Nelson have a game that bad yet.

Its a shame he(Jameer) did not started today or the last game against Billups, I want to see if he really can make it better than Arroyo against those real good teams. But you are right, Arroyo's stats today looked bad in the asst/TO thing, however he had the highest effectiveness of all the Magic players today with +13, plus 4 rebounds ,and when he came back into the game in the fourth he helped stop a 16 to 1 run by the Celtics that went ahead by one point, with Arroyo in we got ahead again by 5 until the end of the 4th.

They are on the same team. It's not Arroyo vs. Jameer. Stats are not as important as wins.That is what always happens. We have seen Arroyo look awesome, and we've seen him look terrible, but it's the same for Jameer. The win today was a team effort. Some players played well, while other's struggled. Calos Darwin, every time I see you post it is about Arroyo vs. Jameer. This thread is about what we want to see Otis do next, not who we want to see start. If you're going to argue about it than argue in the 10 million threads that we have about the subject.

My prediction: Arroyo would not be traded

If Arroyo is traded and no other capable and proven PG is acquired things will get tough for the rest of the season for the Magic. Nelson can not do the job, he can score but he cannot maintain a decent flow of the offense consistently as Arroyo does.

Trading Arroyo for a PF does not make it for the Magic. We are wining now with all of our limitations at the PF and (yes) at the PG (it is true we need a bigger PG)but things are improving with Cookie and Battie will be back at the end of the regular season, therefore, "if it aint broken do not fix it".Things will get better too when Jameer gets back,..right?

We need a point guard, plain and simple. None of our point guards are good enough to get us a championship. Sure, we can get in the playoffs now but there is no way we win it all. We have the talent at center obviously and also at forward. It may not happen this year but a decent sized point guard who can control the ball and distribute gets us to the finals or at least the championship in the East

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:

Dude, don't waist your time on these guys. They probably trade Lebron James because he had 5 TO's today against the Lakers. Carlos is the best PG in the team by far and SVG knows it.