Sign in to follow this  
New Managment Please

I hope Hedo does not make All-Star team

I believe he deserves to be there being our go-to guy and most versitile player but adding an all star berth to his resume might make him too expensive for us to keep.

The fact that Lewis was an all star made it easier for his agent to justify the crazy numbers he was looking to get Lewis. If Hedo becomes an all-star his stock will automatically rise and he will require much much more for us to retain him (if we even can now). So although I love Hedo and think he deserves a spot, I hope for our sake his is looked over.

I believe he deserves to be there being our go-to guy and most versitile player but adding an all star berth to his resume might make him too expensive for us to keep.

The fact that Lewis was an all star made it easier for his agent to justify the crazy numbers he was looking to get Lewis. If Hedo becomes an all-star his stock will automatically rise and he will require much much more for us to retain him (if we even can now). So although I love Hedo and think he deserves a spot, I hope for our sake his is looked over.

i dont think hedo would be a money hungry player after his contract. i think he likes orlando, he has fun here. He has a big role here, the fans love him. Hes bounced arround already to much and here he has made a nice home. hopefuly he understands our $$$ situation and wont be so greedy

I would really like Hedo to stay at Orlando but I would also like him be paid more than Rashard.. Simply because he is better..

I guess that's the only way we won't see "Bench Hedo, He is cheap" or "Rashard is unbenchable because he is bla bla million dollar man" threads..

If that's what you need to understand that Hedo is far better, then He should ask for more, much more.. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

I would really like Hedo to stay at Orlando but I would also like him be paid more than Rashard.. Simply because he is better..

I guess that's the only way we won't see "Bench Hedo, He is cheap" or "Rashard is unbenchable because he is bla bla million dollar man" threads..

If that's what you need to understand that Hedo is far better, then He should ask for more, much more.. icon_smile.gif

People seem to forget that these career highs come with the addition of 'Shard...Hedo would be the first to tell you that the addition of Lewis had made his game better (this based on interviews I have seen of Turk)

So Rashard is so good, that he even makes his teammates look like all-stars

Otis the genius broke the bank for one player. It was obvious he wasn't looking at the foture or maybe thought he wouldn't last that long as a GM to have to worry.

Well there's no way we can pay Hedo anywhere close to that amount. With Otis telling everyone the time to win a championship was now all he did was throw all the money at one player. This stupidity might possibly result in Hedo who's an overall better player leaving us because we don't have any decent amount of money available.

This franchise will start winning championships when the owners do their homework and begin hiring qualified personnel for general manager, coach, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

People seem to forget that these career highs come with the addition of 'Shard...Hedo would be the first to tell you that the addition of Lewis had made his game better (this based on interviews I have seen of Turk)

So Rashard is so good, that he even makes his teammates look like all-stars

If I had never watched Hedo in Europe like you, I would say the same thing.. These career highs come with the departure of Brian Hill..

Hedo does not depend on anyone, I know Hedo, and when he is "ON" it does not matter who tries to defend him..

Of course he is gonna say Rashard helps him, He is a clever guy, and kind too, Would it sound good if he said I am the king? I also watched a Hedo interview he gave to Turkish TV and according to him, He is "The MAN" That's what he said, and not this year, last year.. He said I am trying to help this "less experienced team around me" as well.. Of course he says it in a kindest possible way.. And not the way I write it here..

On the other hand, I of course think that Rashard helps but do you just think "anyone who plays with Rashard will be scoring, and there is no credit to Hedo's talent"?

Let's put it this way, Hedo is having a career year, and attracting too much attention on the floor, and getting double teams on himself, and Rashard is not taking this opportunity or he is just not good enough for an elite team?

Hedo scores 20+... Defense focuses on him; Rashard gets too many open shots and scores 3/16.. Is that how you take the opportunity?

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

i dont think hedo would be a money hungry player after his contract. i think he likes orlando, he has fun here. He has a big role here, the fans love him. Hes bounced arround already to much and here he has made a nice home. hopefuly he understands our $$$ situation and wont be so greedy

Greedy? He sees the money Rashard is making and Hedo's putting up better numbers and you expect him to be happy making a quarter of what Rashard makes if not less? Even if Hedo loves Orlando, he's still going to want to be paid. Rashard Lewis never should have been offered that large of a contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Need4Sheed:

quote:

Greedy? He sees the money Rashard is making and Hedo's putting up better numbers and you expect him to be happy making a quarter of what Rashard makes if not less? Even if Hedo loves Orlando, he's still going to want to be paid. Rashard Lewis never should have been offered that large of a contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by Need4Sheed:

quote:

Agree somewhat. We overpaid Lewis because other teams were going to overpay as well and management wanted Lewis on this team. But honestly theres no player worth what Lewis is getting. NO ONE. Hedo and his agent knows that hes not gonna get that type of money. But i do think hed be silly not to test the waters when the time comes and see what his value is. The notion that he stays in Orlando and takes less is just silly. These guys have a small window to make as much as they can before they retire and Hedo is no different. A ring doesnt sustain yourself in your 40's, the pay you make in your prime does.

There may have been another team or two that would have offered Rashard a big contract, but doubt there was one willing to offer anywhere close to $120 million. I really believe they could have gotten Rashard for a contract worth somewhere between $90-100 million.