Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

ESPN's Daily Dime... Grading the East

I was gonna start another trade thread, but this kinda goes with my idea,we do need a PG with size. PG, Carlos,Keon,JJ to Philly, A. Miller,R. Evans, and R. Carney. That solves all our problems, big PG, starting PF,and possible future starting SG(which we should have drafted anyways). Would philly bite?

They just need to start Carlos Arroyo and theyll be fine. Carlos plays better starting and Jameer plays better off the bench. They dont need a point gaurd with size They just need Carlos to start to become our Jose Calderon

quote:
Originally posted by ClaytonMagic:

They just need to start Carlos Arroyo and theyll be fine. Carlos plays better starting and Jameer plays better off the bench. They dont need a point gaurd with size They just need Carlos to start to become our Jose Calderon

I can agree with that. Arroyo should start. Dont know why Nelson got extended so quick.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

quote:
Originally posted by ClaytonMagic:

i dont really see arroyo putting up near double digit assists every night.

I can agree with that. Arroyo should start. Dont know why Nelson got extended so quick.

Starting Arroyo and bringing Nelson off the bench was working for BOTH guys. There was good point guard play for every minute of the 48 minutes of the games.

I still don't understand why SVG doesn't stick with that rotation.. at least while both guys are healthy, of course.

Otis must of got in his ear. "Pssst... start my guy!"

By the way.. all in one paragraph Legler calls the Magic the only other contender in the East besides Detroit and Boston, but then says we aren't ready to win a Championship. Huh?? I guess he means we have a chance to "pull a Cleveland" and make the Finals, but then not beat whoever comes out of the West... I don't know.

By the way, what's with these "experts?" Can't they clearly see our biggest problem is a real Power Forward? Heck I think shooting guard is still an even bigger weakness than PG.

It looks like no one, nationwide or local, remembers just how far we went with awful point guard play last season. It's way more solid in 07-08. Heck, even Dooling's turning his point play around lately.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Starting Arroyo and bringing Nelson off the bench was working for BOTH guys. There was good point guard play for every minute of the 48 minutes of the games.

I still don't understand why SVG doesn't stick with that rotation.. at least while both guys are healthy, of course.

Otis must of got in his ear. "Pssst... start my guy!"

Because neither one of them has earned the starting PG roll full time.

Lets see Carlos has had the control of the starting PG spot and the last 2 games he hasnt done jack to say to anyone that he earned it.

TrailBlazers game:

22min - 2reb - 0ast - 3 TO - 8pts

Pistons game:

29min - 2reb - 4ast - 2TO - 6pts

(mind you that Turk had 8ast)

Carlos starter stats in 2 games:

25mpg - 2rpg - 2apg - 2.5TOpg - 7ppg

Yeah he clearly should be the starter for this team.

Nelson isnt going anywhere unless someone wants his contract, so we are stuck with him.

WE can only hope we can package some kind of deal to get a decent talent / size PG.... which their are not many of them.

The fact is, there aren't many good PG's with size. That's why they're PG's.

I still think we need a good shooting guard to be complete. Doovagan's are fine as role players, but we need someone that can get to the line 15 times if necessary.

barnettej,

U cant say Arroyo has been playing bad because of his stats. The team has won against elite teams when he is the one leading the offense. Dont start with the crap about the stats cause if u cant c that Arroyo is the better pg for the team then u r just blind.

Just because hes stats are not the best dosnt mean hes not a good pg. If we win against teams like detorit and portland then I dont see a problem with the team. If a pg should avg 2.0 ast to take us to another level so be it!!

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

What does he mean, The Magic need a point guard with size to truly compete?

how about hinrich? hes been in a shooting slump but hes still a good defending pg. maybe jameer or carlos plus fillers could get him. also heard chicago is almost having a firesale starting with the nocioni rumors