Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Pistons * Jan. 21st

Our backcourt doesnt match up with them at all but we might do ok tonight, you never know. Evans is playing good but hes gonna have his hands full chasing Hamilton around. Hamilton is like a taller Ben Gordon and you saw what he did to us. Billups, well you know how he plays i hope Arroyo can stop him some way. Also Prince and McDyss will be hard to defend as well since were weak defending the SFs and PFs. Honestly i cant figure out how we can beat them BUT if the same Pistons team that showed up and got murdered by the Knicks, then we will have a chance.

rip usualy rips us a new one so does sheed and billups!

dang its gunna be a good one!

i say howard should play extreemly rough with them and send the message that we are for real!

also our guys need to stay focused on the game and not get caught arguing with the refs. face it they are gunna get calls in their favor they are all vets!

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Our backcourt doesnt match up with them at all but we might do ok tonight, you never know. Evans is playing good but hes gonna have his hands full chasing Hamilton around. Hamilton is like a taller Ben Gordon and you saw what he did to us. Billups, well you know how he plays i hope Arroyo can stop him some way. Also Prince and McDyss will be hard to defend as well since were weak defending the SFs and PFs. Honestly i cant figure out how we can beat them BUT if the same Pistons team that showed up and got murdered by the Knicks, then we will have a chance.

Well team defense will really come into play tonite. I think this game screams for either Augie or Cook to start, with their size and all. I also think that we really need to run tonite to make them work defensively. Taking a load of perimeter shots just lets them off the hook. I dont believe CA will really shut Billups down, but if he gets this team running a lot we may tire them

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

Well team defense will really come into play tonite. I think this game screams for either Augie or Cook to start, with their size and all. I also think that we really need to run tonite to make them work defensively. Taking a load of perimeter shots just lets them off the hook. I dont believe CA will really shut Billups down, but if he gets this team running a lot we may tire them

Yea we really need to stay away from alot of 3s tonight cause the Pistons will make us pay for all our missed 3s attempts. They also just have better team chemistry than we do. Everybody knows there role and we dont have that yet. Their more put together than us but a big win will definitely boost our confidence.

Another we need Howard so he cant let the refs frustrate him and take him out of his games. Were not just playing the Pistons, were playing the refs as well so he needs to watch out on the fouling and stop getting called for defensive 3 seconds in the paint. We need the less mistakes as possible to help us with a victory.

baseline_blog.jpg

By Nick Adams | OrlandoMagic.com

PREGAME

The Magic will hope to extend their two game winning streak at Amway Arena Monday night against the Detroit Pistons.

Orlando will also seek revenge versus a Pistons team who swept the Magic in the playoffs a season ago and has won the last nine meetings between the two teams.

The two teams last met in early November and the Pistons cruised to a 116-92 victory despite the absence of their leading scorer Richard Hamilton.

Hamilton (18.7 ppg) and point guard Chauncey Billups (17.9 ppg, 7.2 apg) form one of the league's top backcourts and have led the Pistons into a tie for the second best record in the NBA at 29-12.

Detroit has been the class of the Eastern Conference for the last couple of years thanks to great team chemistry and defense.

This season has been no different as all five starters average in double figures and they rank in the top three in opponent's scoring (90.1 ppg), opponent field goal percentage (.439), and opponent three-point percentage (.329).

Detroit visits Amway having lost their last two games and the Magic would like nothing more but to extend that streak to three on Monday night.

MAGIC INJURY REPORT

Tony Battie

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

Yea we really need to stay away from alot of 3s tonight cause the Pistons will make us pay for all our missed 3s attempts. They also just have better team chemistry than we do. Everybody knows there role and we dont have that yet. Their more put together than us but a big win will definitely boost our confidence.

Another we need Howard so he cant let the refs frustrate him and take him out of his games. Were not just playing the Pistons, were playing the refs as well so he needs to watch out on the fouling and stop getting called for defensive 3 seconds in the paint. We need the less mistakes as possible to help us with a victory.

Agreed. Dwight does complain a bit too much for my liking, and it cant happen tonite. I would imagine they will have a vet crew for this game and the calls are the calls. Just play through it and maybe we can finally beat this team

I dont know about this one. They backcourt is what make them so good also their bench. But we just dont match up good with their backcourt. They have more size and better skilled players. Its gonna take a miracle. But this probaly just like one of those teams that once you beat them, then we will feel more confident in the next game we play to beat them again. Kind of like when the Bulls counldnt beat the Pistons in the early 90s but overcame that then started beating them everytime.

What's up Magic fan?

Should be a very nice, exciting game to watch tonight against one of my favorite players in the NBA DH12 and former Piston Arroyo and Evans.

I know y'all want to win this game so bad .. but believe it or not we want to win this game too! Not because it's the Magic or anything but because we been playing bad lately.

quote:
Originally posted by KING of DARK:

What's up Magic fan?

Should be a very nice, exciting game to watch tonight against one of my favorite players in the NBA DH12 and former Piston Arroyo and Evans.

I know y'all want to win this game so bad .. but believe it or not we want to win this game too! Not because it's the Magic or anything but because we been playing bad lately.

You guys seem to wake up just in time to kick out butts so I'm hoping we plan to fight hard tonight.