Sign in to follow this  
Kramer

Wow, we have not been playing well of late...

But everything on this board suggests that we are in trouble...Let me remind you of something That I think is important...we have played the most games with the least amount of home games. I remember preseason, if we could be a stone's throw away from .500 at this point, I was going to be excited and that would would put us in a great situation to win a lot of games after the all-star break and hopefully clench a first-round home series. Instead, we are 7 games above .500 and we have had the most hectic, road dominant schedule in the NBA! I am psyched. We had enough talent to jump to 16-4 and frankly, I expect to go on a ridiculous spree after the all-star break (barring serious injury of course) Two important to remember before you post...first off, we will play better at home than we will on the road, I promise...that whole "road warrior" idea doesn't exist in the NBA, especially on a team like ours. We win when we hit our threes no matter what stadium we are in and if we can stop having back to backs and our players exhausted from not enough time off, we will hit a lot of them. Also, no player is at fault for our position, I read somewhere that apperently we played poorly in the third quarter...from what I saw, we had open runners and open jumpers that we should hit but didn't. That is life when you play 6 games in like 8 or 9 nights.

But everything on this board suggests that we are in trouble...Let me remind you of something That I think is important...we have played the most games with the least amount of home games. I remember preseason, if we could be a stone's throw away from .500 at this point, I was going to be excited and that would would put us in a great situation to win a lot of games after the all-star break and hopefully clench a first-round home series. Instead, we are 7 games above .500 and we have had the most hectic, road dominant schedule in the NBA! I am psyched. We had enough talent to jump to 16-4 and frankly, I expect to go on a ridiculous spree after the all-star break (barring serious injury of course) Two important to remember before you post...first off, we will play better at home than we will on the road, I promise...that whole "road warrior" idea doesn't exist in the NBA, especially on a team like ours. We win when we hit our threes no matter what stadium we are in and if we can stop having back to backs and our players exhausted from not enough time off, we will hit a lot of them. Also, no player is at fault for our position, I read somewhere that apperently we played poorly in the third quarter...from what I saw, we had open runners and open jumpers that we should hit but didn't. That is life when you play 6 games in like 8 or 9 nights.

Surprised no one commented on this, but yes: the schedule has been absolutely brutal.

The thing that worries me, and most of the people on this board, I think, is that our team really doesn't seem to have an identity.

Are we:

a) A 3-point shooting team with a dominating post player?

B) A run-and-gun Suns clone?

c) A Spurs-like defensive team?

d) A deep-bench team with no dominant player, ala the Pistons?

What are we? I don't know. The players don't know. The coach doesn't know.

That's what worries me - even the starting lineup hasn't been consistent. Our good players aren't good in a consistent way; even our bad players are unpredictable.

Our defensive players shut people down. Or don't.

The team's above .500, but only because of that almost supernatural fast start. This team needs to find consistency on all levels. Hopefully, we'll get that figured out for the second half of the year.