Sign in to follow this  
Fern1960

Who do you really blame? D-E-V-O-S

Remember who chased Shaq out of town? Yeap.... Devos, he did not want to open his wallet and show Shaq the money. Well folks the rest is history. How many rings does the diesel have? He brought BHill back and you see the results. Hill likes to call TOs when the team falls back by not 6, not 8, not 10, but 13 POINTS!!!!!! You see this is the result when an organization like this can't bring a desent coach. The good coaches look else where because they dont want to deal with this mess (I mean the Magic front office). You have a GM who is AFRAID to make a move (the front office pulls the strings). People I love this team, but lets be realistic it will take a miracle to get to the palyoffs. Oh well like they say and the end of every year "wait till next year"....

joker.jpg

Remember who chased Shaq out of town? Yeap.... Devos, he did not want to open his wallet and show Shaq the money. Well folks the rest is history. How many rings does the diesel have? He brought BHill back and you see the results. Hill likes to call TOs when the team falls back by not 6, not 8, not 10, but 13 POINTS!!!!!! You see this is the result when an organization like this can't bring a desent coach. The good coaches look else where because they dont want to deal with this mess (I mean the Magic front office). You have a GM who is AFRAID to make a move (the front office pulls the strings). People I love this team, but lets be realistic it will take a miracle to get to the palyoffs. Oh well like they say and the end of every year "wait till next year"....

joker.jpg

YES! Finally, someone who's sees what I've been seeing!!! I posted a VERY large post on here (somewhere) about how all of our poor personnel changes (front office and players) happen because we have a bad owner. Now, we finally have a pretty good team...but when were down by 3 with like 2 minutes left to go in a game, we keep the #1 NCAA & ACC 3-point shooter of all time on the bench!! Also, we have a STARTING SF who has been struggling for like 2 years now (Turk) and he STILL STARTS! Oh, and can someone teach Arroyo and Nelson that they are PGs and NOT SGs? They are supposed to PASS THE BALL, NOT SHOOT FIRST! Nelson always takes the last shot! PASS THE FREAKING BALL!! It all stems from poor ownership. But dont worry, when Shaq retires at the end of the season and buys the Magic, it'll be all good.

These owners must be one of the worst in the entire NBA. Bringing a coach that was never a player inthe NBA, has an unimpressive resume, a very poor record when he did't have Shaq, and his playff record is deceiving. We were actually SWEPT out of the playoffs 3 straight years under this coach, while having the most dominant team in the entire league because the talent we had.

I agree with both of you, almost 100$, except for hte last paragraph.

Until we get a coach that can coach Nelson right, we're dommed. Nelson really exposes Brian Hill's terrible offense execution.

Lets look at the good side with devos first...if it wasnt for him moving the seats in 8 inches a few years ago you would have been 15 lbs heavier and out of shape...now you have got to keep in shape just to squeeze into the seats.

Now the bad...looks and runs his team like montgomery burns...

Devos's lack of sports knowledge cost this franchine big time. His hiring of inexperienced coaches and GM's is the direct result of this and the cause of the Magic's problems.

1st, hiring a coach with no NBA head coaching experience to lead one of the most talented groups of young players ever essembled was a colossal mistake.

2nd, refusing to recognize the 1st mistake somewhere along the line as the Magic got swept from the playoffs year after year after year compounded mistake #1.

Everybody questioned Joe Dumars when he fired Rick Carlyle to hire Larry Brown. Rick Carlyle had far less time, had far less to work with, and is a far better coach than Napolean.

Yet, Joe Dumars seized the opportunity to hire 1 of the best coaches in the game and it resulted in a championship!!!

B. Hill has truly been the albatrose around the neck of this organization that Devos wears proudly.

3rd, failing to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of John Gabriel and finding a real basketball guy to at least match with him. How many waisted draft picks do you need to see a GM make before you realize there is a problem?

4th, failing to understand the true value of Shaquille O'Neal.

5th, Hiring a GM with no basketball knowledge and allowing him to give away talented player after talented player.

6th, Re-hiring mistake #1.

Lastly, trying to hold a sports franchise to some hypocritical sense of morality.

Gabriel wanted Rodman and pushed him as the difference maker for this franchise. Devos nixed the idea and we watched him become the difference in Chicago.

B-Dove was a flaky eccentric with insane athleticism for a big man but questionable desire for B-ball. The perfect role player off the bench. Similiar to a Robert Horry type who coasts through 50% of the games but has a huge impact when he decides to play.

We gave him away because he had some emotional issues that caused negative publicity for the organization. We then watched him show up huge in the playoffs for the Nuggetts and then Bulls. A player Phil Jackson said was bigger for them in that championship run than anybody outside Jordan himself. He certainly would've beat Jeff Turner, Anthony Avent, & Tom Tolbert.

Devos forced Daly to give away Keon Clark after drafting him because he smoked herb. The list of players we dumped or wouldn't acquire because Devos was trying to run some youth ministry is long.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Lets look at the good side with devos first...if it wasnt for him moving the seats in 8 inches a few years ago you would have been 15 lbs heavier and out of shape...now you have got to keep in shape just to squeeze into the seats.

I had to laugh because my father can't talk about going to a Magic game without complaining about the seats and the fact they ripe the pockets of his pants when he sits down. "I pay $100 for seats that make coach feel like 1st class"!!!

My brother has 2 seats 5 rows back (row EE) from the floor in the center section (112) and had been complaining about one seat being broken for months (he has a bad back). The Magic fixed the seat the best they could (still uncomfortable ever since the 8 inches was taken out-VERY BAD MOVE!!)and also gave him a special cushion. If a overweight person sits next to you, their elbows and surplus are in your lap. Not a pretty picture after spending $170.00 ea. and having to listen to Brian Hill yell at Darko.

The Magic organization scheduled my brother and his son for photos with Dwight and the captains of Magic and the Knicks teams before the recent game as a good will gesture.

The existing Amway Arena, I am sure, causes the Magic many similar problems.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Hiring a GM with no basketball knowledge and allowing him to give away talented player after talented player.

Phoenix allegedly was willing to trade Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion for T-Mac. That would have been a good deal! I guess that doesn't count because it didn't happen (hummm).

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Hiring a GM with no basketball knowledge and allowing him to give away talented player after talented player.

Phoenix allegedly was willing to trade Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion for T-Mac. That would have been a good deal! I guess that doesn't count because it didn't happen (hummm).

Please dont remind me.... I have just got over that!!