Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Cost of Michael Redd?

Given the poor play of the Bucks, a Milwaukee beat writer suggests they trade Redd:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=703313

What would it cost us to get him?

A trade of Hedo, JJ, Pat, Keyon, and a 1st works numbers-wise. However, I think they'd want to dump a bad contract with him (Gadzuric or Simmons). Thoughts?

Given the poor play of the Bucks, a Milwaukee beat writer suggests they trade Redd:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=703313

What would it cost us to get him?

A trade of Hedo, JJ, Pat, Keyon, and a 1st works numbers-wise. However, I think they'd want to dump a bad contract with him (Gadzuric or Simmons). Thoughts?

If we're gonna fudge around with our core, we need to get a PF back no matter what. Redd is great, he's a fantastic SG, but there's no trade there from our end unless we get Villanueva along with Redd somehow. Or Yi, but Yi ain't going nowhere.

To me, our weakest position is PF. That is obvious. Next would be SG. Even though we have depth, we don't have quality. Moreover, I think Hedo is playing out of his mind and I question whether his play can continue. Can Hedo really sustain being a go-to guy in the 4th? Especially in the playoffs? I have my doubts even though I love his game. Getting Redd would allow us to shift Lewis back to the 3 and give us a nastier core of Redd, Lewis, and Howard for the future. Would we still need a PF? Yes but getting Redd might balance us out better for the long-term. I think the question you have to ask yourself is who has more value, Redd or Turk? To me, it ain't even close. Puleese

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I'll play along though. This would be the only trade I'd consider.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...5~15~15~15&te=&cash=

Exactly my thoughts.

I like this... I keep thinking Otis wants to find a decent PF and slide Hedo down to the 2 as an 'experiment', which might work out, but I like this a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I'll play along though. This would be the only trade I'd consider.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...5~15~15~15&te=&cash=

Exactly my thoughts.

I like this... I keep thinking Otis wants to find a decent PF and slide Hedo down to the 2 as an 'experiment', which might work out, but I like this a lot.

Why would they do that? They would need a lot more from us.

Why would we trade for Redd to begin with? You still haven't answered that question.

We have 3 or 4 SG's on our squad already (Dooling, Evans, Redick, and Bogans). You can even throw Turk into that equation as well. Turk can also play PF if need be. Can Redd? What would Redd bring us that we don't already have (considering he is known for his scoring ability)?

Trust me, I love Redd and it would be awesome to see him on our squad, but for what we need right now, it wouldn't be smart. We would just be +1 and -1 big man who can play PF.

IF we were to trade for Redd, we would need a big to come back apart of the trade. I would go after Charlie Smooth of course. I think the Bucks have been underwhelmed with his performance on their team thus far, and would be willing to part with him. Who else do you consider we trade? If we keep adding players, at that point the trade isn't even worth it.