Sign in to follow this  
Scott430

Why we lost this game!

I feel like these are the reasons we lost such a crucial game tonight:

1.) Like everyone else...Officiating. I really do not understand, with as important this game is to the Magic, how you miss a call like that on the inbounds. I guarantee if Hedo was Kobe, the whistle would have been blown.

2.) Turnovers. This is the same thing that has taken us out of at least a dozen other games this year. I really don't understand how 70+ games into the season we still have not been able to fix this problem. I remember Brian Hill saying back in November..."its just something we have to work out."

3.) Dwight's free throw shooting. Dwight brings so much to the table, but it is really getting to the point where we can't go to him at the end of games. He has got to be able to knock down his free throws or else teams are going to just keep using fouls against him.

4.) Jameer' shot selection. I am a fan of Jameer, but tonight I was increbibly frustrated with his shots at the end of regulation and the first OT. At the end of the first OT he is at the top of the free throw line and just dribbles ou the clock and pulls up for the jump shot...I am pretty sure everyone in the building saw that coming. In that situation he needs to do what he does best...drive the lane and either beat your man off the dribble or at least draw a foul...although with the officiating tonight...who knows if that would have happened.

5.) Why did Brian Hill keep his starters out there so long. It was obvious they were very fatigued and simply had nothing left. At the very least...get Ariza out there for defensive purposes. He had only played 16 minutes all night, so you know he was fresh. He could have also probably beat every Celtic out there off the dribble as they seemed extremely fatigued as well.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this loss because the fact is...the game never should have been this close to begin with. I think we played hard tonight, and so did Boston. Players and coaches make the same mental mistakes that have hurt us all year....

I feel like these are the reasons we lost such a crucial game tonight:

1.) Like everyone else...Officiating. I really do not understand, with as important this game is to the Magic, how you miss a call like that on the inbounds. I guarantee if Hedo was Kobe, the whistle would have been blown.

2.) Turnovers. This is the same thing that has taken us out of at least a dozen other games this year. I really don't understand how 70+ games into the season we still have not been able to fix this problem. I remember Brian Hill saying back in November..."its just something we have to work out."

3.) Dwight's free throw shooting. Dwight brings so much to the table, but it is really getting to the point where we can't go to him at the end of games. He has got to be able to knock down his free throws or else teams are going to just keep using fouls against him.

4.) Jameer' shot selection. I am a fan of Jameer, but tonight I was increbibly frustrated with his shots at the end of regulation and the first OT. At the end of the first OT he is at the top of the free throw line and just dribbles ou the clock and pulls up for the jump shot...I am pretty sure everyone in the building saw that coming. In that situation he needs to do what he does best...drive the lane and either beat your man off the dribble or at least draw a foul...although with the officiating tonight...who knows if that would have happened.

5.) Why did Brian Hill keep his starters out there so long. It was obvious they were very fatigued and simply had nothing left. At the very least...get Ariza out there for defensive purposes. He had only played 16 minutes all night, so you know he was fresh. He could have also probably beat every Celtic out there off the dribble as they seemed extremely fatigued as well.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this loss because the fact is...the game never should have been this close to begin with. I think we played hard tonight, and so did Boston. Players and coaches make the same mental mistakes that have hurt us all year....

All that is true, but at the end of the day the players lost the game. There is no excuse for playing so poorly against bad teams. When you continusly lose to bad teams, you are a bad team.

Oh I agree 100%...this game could have been put away very early. It was another one of those games where we got an hole early and then have to spend the rest of the game trying to play catch up.

our starters played the 4th quarter and 2 overtimes with no subs. No matter who you are, that's tiring and we didn't have the legs for that. Sure would've been nyce to see Ariza out there during 1 of the OTs

Let's not overlook the fine contribution of ***'t coach Ayers. I knew that technical was going to cost us. As s***y as the refs were calling the game you don't give them another opportunity to f**k you!